ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old August 5th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #41
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

gotcha Tri, sounds good. i'll keep you informed. thanks

Old August 5th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #42
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

I'm committed unless the X-race predators come in all red, then I have to bounce. The predators are clearly a superior product, but so far the X-race group buy have been a cluster ****

COMMIT LIST:
1. Shaol1n Monk (7075 green)
2. Kevin2109 (7075 red)

Old August 5th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #43
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
I'm committed unless the X-race predators come in all red, then I have to bounce. The predators are clearly a superior product, but so far the X-race group buy have been a cluster ****
+1 on that. these rearsets look skinny compared to x-race. and foldable pegs, beats fixed in a crash anyday.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #44
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

I just dont trust matt. I never get tracking numbers for the things I buy from him, I never get replies back from him via email, He doesnt answer his cell, he doesnt call back after messages. WTF is up, he has to have the worst customer service EVER. Am I bashing matt, damn right I am, this is bullshit

Old August 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #45
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:

I just dont trust matt. I never get tracking numbers for the things I buy from him, I never get replies back from him via email, He doesnt answer his cell, he doesnt call back after messages. WTF is up, he has to have the worst customer service EVER. Am I bashing matt, damn right I am, this is bullshit
Relax Kevin. It's Friday . Take a deep breath. Matt does take his time when answering stuff, but it's probably because he doesn't run his business as his primary source of income. I'm not trying to defend him, he is kinda slow to respond. Even though he's slow, he eventually does get you the stuff. At least he's not a scam artist.

Old August 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #46
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
+1 on that. these rearsets look skinny compared to x-race. and foldable pegs, beats fixed in a crash anyday.
i agree on the foldable pegs. but its hard to tell how beefy these sets look without a top down view. these are styled after the SATO racing sets so they are prob the same dimensions. if you find the BARF link kevin posted earlier in the thread there are some reviews on these sets and guys who have gone down on them have very positive things to say about the durability.

believe me if the predator buy looked like it was going thru (and they came in green of course lol) i would be onboard. but i have rearset money set aside now so i wanna move before i spend it elsewhere

Old August 5th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #47
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Relax Kevin. It's Friday . Take a deep breath. Matt does take his time when answering stuff, but it's probably because he doesn't run his business as his primary source of income. I'm not trying to defend him, he is kinda slow to respond. Even though he's slow, he eventually does get you the stuff. At least he's not a scam artist.
Sorry I got a little fired up lol But his customer service is pretty bad, I ordered brake pads from him Tuesday, and he said he would have them shipped out that day or Wednesday and I would have them Thursday or friday. Well today I just received a notification that they were shipped today, kinda makes me mad because I have a couple rides I'm going on this weekend and a tech day

If only his customer service was like yours Then he would be selling a lot off product

Old August 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #48
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

Quote:
Sorry I got a little fired up lol But his customer service is pretty bad, I ordered brake pads from him Tuesday, and he said he would have them shipped out that day or Wednesday and I would have them Thursday or friday. Well today I just received a notification that they were shipped today, kinda makes me mad because I have a couple rides I'm going on this weekend and a tech day

If only his customer service was like yours Then he would be selling a lot off product
agreed, matt's customer service is pretty poor. atleast you got a shipping notification. I ordered some stuff from Matt, its been 2 weeks. I got a PM reply from him on Monday about how it should ship in 2-3 days. I haven't even got a shipping notice or anything yet. some say he's a good seller. slow but good. so i hope they are right!

But what can we do when he is the only shop in town selling specialized 250r parts that most ppl wouldn't be able to get. and Tri's customer service rocks! perhaps Tri should expand his product offerings in the near future to include special parts from Indonesia and other Asian countries! (hint hint)
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #49
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Exactly lol ok **** it, I want the Bohemian ones right now. After all the reviews of them many people went down with them (including the seller) And they were fine. Come to think of it the predators would probably damage your frame Lets get this moving, im sick of waiting

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #50
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

I'm very torn between hopping in on this group buy and just straight up paying the extra and getting my set seperate so i can get them sooner. I don't think I'd be able to catch the end of riding season before school if I waited for the GB....
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #51
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

I'm sold as long as we can work out the simplest payment/shipping. I really don't want to be paying 5 different people

COMMIT LIST:
2. Kevin2109 (7075 red)
3. Boosted139 (7075 black)
Boosted139 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #52
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
I'm very torn between hopping in on this group buy and just straight up paying the extra and getting my set seperate so i can get them sooner. I don't think I'd be able to catch the end of riding season before school if I waited for the GB....
max, if you can hold out til monday and we get this thing organized i know Dennis has a couple black sets in stock now so i might be able to get you urs without the two week wait. and ur in Cali so u may be able to get them quick and at a discount. just give us till monday to get this thing organized and i will put a call in to Dennis at Bohemian and see about getting urs ASAP. it sucks not being able to ride and i feel for ya, hang in there.

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #53
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
perhaps Tri should expand his product offerings in the near future to include special parts from Indonesia and other Asian countries! (hint hint)
Haha. I don't really want to encroach on another seller like that. I'm not sure how Matt does things, but from my own personal dealings with him, he doesn't seem to stock many parts except maybe the cheaper stuff. I waited about a month or so for my BRT TIS and from the stories I've read, he may get the money from the website and then places an order from his supplier. This usually works ok if the supplier is in the states, but coming from overseas where it could take up to two months to receive, depending on shipping method and customs, makes for an unhappy paid customer. It's why I've never accepted payment for my group buys before they were ready to ship. The first group buy actually took nearly 3 weeks to get done and a lot of that was waiting time. The nice thing is that even though it took so long, since no one paid me a dime up front, they didn't feel like there were any issues. If I had asked for payment up front, I'm sure my rep for customer service wouldn't be as good as people think it is. I have actually been entertaining carrying the adjustable levers from the2wheels, I just don't want to be held liable for the anodizing.

The other thing is that those high dollar items can really sink your boat if no one buys anything and you do stock it. Unless you're trying to run a business as your primary source of income, it's difficult to sit on stock that doesn't move.

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #54
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
agreed, matt's customer service is pretty poor. atleast you got a shipping notification. I ordered some stuff from Matt, its been 2 weeks. I got a PM reply from him on Monday about how it should ship in 2-3 days. I haven't even got a shipping notice or anything yet. some say he's a good seller. slow but good. so i hope they are right!

But what can we do when he is the only shop in town selling specialized 250r parts that most ppl wouldn't be able to get. and Tri's customer service rocks! perhaps Tri should expand his product offerings in the near future to include special parts from Indonesia and other Asian countries! (hint hint)
another thing to keep in mind with the Bohemians is Dennis has an excellent customer service record. Check the BARF link Kevin posted and you will see he works fast to fix any problems and is very customer friendly. i noticed no returns for matts GB but Bohemian is the exact opposite, if there is any problem with your product Dennis corrects it from what I have read.

and we are going to work out the simplest payment method. once i have the complete COMMITTED list i will talk to dennis about shipping options. and Tri has offered to pick them up and ship for us since he lives in the area so WORST case scenario we pay dennis thru paypal for sets and pay Tri for shipping.

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #55
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaol1n Monk View Post
max, if you can hold out til monday and we get this thing organized i know Dennis has a couple black sets in stock now so i might be able to get you urs without the two week wait. and ur in Cali so u may be able to get them quick and at a discount. just give us till monday to get this thing organized and i will put a call in to Dennis at Bohemian and see about getting urs ASAP. it sucks not being able to ride and i feel for ya, hang in there.
Yeah I e-mailed him about that too but I think it would be easier for everybody if you were to help me out with that - I really appreciate it! If you can do that for me I'm in!

COMMIT LIST:
2. Kevin2109 (7075 red)
4. Trailerboy531 (7075 black)

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #56
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Yeah I e-mailed him about that too but I think it would be easier for everybody if you were to help me out with that - I really appreciate it! If you can do that for me I'm in!

COMMIT LIST:
2. Kevin2109 (7075 red)
cool, if all goes well and we get this list to at least 10 i will call him monday and get on it brother!

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #57
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Thanks man that's greatly appreciated

Old August 5th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #58
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Update

Hey all, just wanted to let you know if we get 10 people on the COMMITTED list the price will be $210 per set plus shipping!!!!

Dennis told me shipping costs for him are approx $7 for Cali residents and surrounding areas and $10 for outside the area per unit.

Old August 5th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #59
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

is that the price for the 7075 alloy?

Old August 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #60
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Tri, that's an awesome idea. Hopefully this all works out and we can get this party started!

I'm in!

COMMIT LIST:
2. Kevin2109 (7075 red)
5. DarC (7075 silver)

For $210 you cannot beat this deal. 5 more folks, get on in here!!
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #61
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Dang...that is a nice deal. I can't say I can do this just yet, but I am interested. Just saw a deal on a bike that I don't want to pass up just yet. Will know next week

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #62
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
is that the price for the 7075 alloy?
yessir!

Old August 5th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #63
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

That's beautiful...
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 5th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #64
dragonboy
ninjette.org member

Name: JT

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE Green Machine, 2011 250R SE White Lightning

If I didn't already have adjusters, I'd be in and great job on the GB. I've dealt with Dennis before. Good customer service and is very responsive.
dragonboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:03 AM   #65
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonboy View Post
If I didn't already have adjusters, I'd be in and great job on the GB. I've dealt with Dennis before. Good customer service and is very responsive.
yea he's been real good about everything so far. now if we can get this list to 10 we'd be rollin!

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #66
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

You'll have me on monday if things work out
Felipe the Ant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #67
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe the Ant View Post
You'll have me on monday if things work out
sounds good!

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #68
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Jae why don't you just pony up and make sure this GB goes through...buy 4 more sets!

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #69
eds2fitty
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

since i'm from the bay i was wondering if i can pick up my set and save on shipping? i'm looking to get a black set... is black the only sets he has in stock right now? might do a black/red color combo, still undecided...
eds2fitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #70
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Jae why don't you just pony up and make sure this GB goes through...buy 4 more sets!
lol if i had enuff money for 4 more sets id be buying a track bike instead

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #71
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds2fitty View Post
since i'm from the bay i was wondering if i can pick up my set and save on shipping? i'm looking to get a black set... is black the only sets he has in stock right now? might do a black/red color combo, still undecided...
i am gonna put a call into Dennis on monday and check on what he has in stock now. first priority is a set for trailerboy cuz he's rideless right now and i wanna get him rollin ASAP. when i spoke to dennis a couple days ago i think he did say he had 2 sets in black so if thats the case (and u want all black) i'll see if u can grab that set. if u want the color combo u'll haveto wait for them to ship to dennis (2 weeks) and i dont see why u couldnt pick them up. i will talk to dennis about that as well. 2 color combos on the site are add $20, i didnt ask him about cost for group buy, but im assuming it could be the same. i will email dennis tomorrow to find out.

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #72
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

also eds2fitty make sure u add urself to the list if you are in. rest assured i am ontop of all issues and im gonna make this GB work!

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #73
eds2fitty
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

Quote:
i am gonna put a call into Dennis on monday and check on what he has in stock now. first priority is a set for trailerboy cuz he's rideless right now and i wanna get him rollin ASAP. when i spoke to dennis a couple days ago i think he did say he had 2 sets in black so if thats the case (and u want all black) i'll see if u can grab that set. if u want the color combo u'll haveto wait for them to ship to dennis (2 weeks) and i dont see why u couldnt pick them up. i will talk to dennis about that as well. 2 color combos on the site are add $20, i didnt ask him about cost for group buy, but im assuming it could be the same. i will email dennis tomorrow to find out.
Thanks Jae, much appreciated!
eds2fitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #74
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Man you are on top of it and quickly becoming my new best friend :P

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #75
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

I'm rideless too, is there a way I could get in on the early order? I wanted green but I don't really care as long as I have a bike to ride

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:58 AM   #76
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe the Ant View Post
I'm rideless too, is there a way I could get in on the early order? I wanted green but I don't really care as long as I have a bike to ride
i will see what he has currently in stock as far as color choices and let you know. he had a few sets on hand when i spoke to him. if he's got something you want i will try to get u on the early list too.

i hate to see a rider rideless

Old August 6th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #77
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
i will see what he has currently in stock as far as color choices and let you know. he had a few sets on hand when i spoke to him. if he's got something you want i will try to get u on the early list too.

i hate to see a rider rideless
Awesome!

Old August 6th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #78
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

so if you guys are in then the list is filling up quick:

COMMIT LIST:
2. Kevin2109 (7075 red)
4. Trailerboy531 (7075 black) need ASAP #1
5. DarC (7075 silver)
6. eds2fitty (7075 ???) wants to pick up/ no ship ASAP
7. felipe the ant (7075 ???) need ASAP #2

eds and felipe just need to fill in color preference and maybe an alternate color.

Old August 6th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #79
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

I hate standing in front of my house watching my friend ride away from me.... I am so going to blow past him once I get this thing working again...

Old August 6th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #80
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I hate standing in front of my house watching my friend ride away from me.... I am so going to blow past him once I get this thing working again...
Haha yeah I know what you mean.

I'd prefer 7075 in black and green like the zx10 pic but a black one will do just fine. I was hesitant to add myself to the list because I'm waiting for funds