ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old March 22nd, 2015, 01:01 PM   #1
Sipper'
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

1st fun day in 18 years!

When I say I've ALWAYS been a motorcycle guy, I mean I knew from the time when I was 4 years old and I saw my first roadrace on tv, I KNEW that THAT, was WHO I AM!

After racing from 94-97, yesterday for the first time in 18 LONG years I was ME! Went to TGPR for a track day with a friend, Shellman (who is also a member here) and it was everything I remember it being.

For me, the concentration is, and always was, the addictive part.
The ability for 3 elements, me, bike and track, conspire to make the entire world, and anything else, disappear, for an entire 15 minutes!

The first session felt very fast mentally. I felt rushed and had little time to think, just react. From then on it got slower and slower mentally to where I was able to work on all my reference points and push harder and harder.

The chassis balance felt good, but the forks could use a little work as the front end was the limiting factor. The Pirelli MT75's worked great. Used the entire tire. No chicken strips left from the street, and lots of shred so I will be posing at the Starbucks this week!

The next time will NOT take 18 years....
Sipper' is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Old March 22nd, 2015, 02:07 PM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipper' View Post
When I say I've ALWAYS been a motorcycle guy, I mean I knew from the time when I was 4 years old and I saw my first roadrace on tv, I KNEW that THAT, was WHO I AM!

After racing from 94-97, yesterday for the first time in 18 LONG years I was ME! Went to TGPR for a track day with a friend, Shellman (who is also a member here) and it was everything I remember it being.

For me, the concentration is, and always was, the addictive part.
The ability for 3 elements, me, bike and track, conspire to make the entire world, and anything else, disappear, for an entire 15 minutes!

The first session felt very fast mentally. I felt rushed and had little time to think, just react. From then on it got slower and slower mentally to where I was able to work on all my reference points and push harder and harder.

The chassis balance felt good, but the forks could use a little work as the front end was the limiting factor. The Pirelli MT75's worked great. Used the entire tire. No chicken strips left from the street, and lots of shred so I will be posing at the Starbucks this week!

The next time will NOT take 18 years....
You never really forget how to ride a bike!

Old March 22nd, 2015, 02:08 PM   #3
Braden07
Wannabe racer

Name: Brady

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250 race prepped, 2009 Zx6R

Uh oh.. sounds like someone has relapsed!
Braden07 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.