ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 1st, 2013, 08:49 AM   #1
dullers
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 1996 YZF600r

Roaring Toyz lowering links/dogbones hole layout (pic)

Hey All,

I just spent the last 1.5 hours trying to figure out which hole does what on the roaring toyz dogbones / rear lowering links.

After all the frustration, including finding a photo that was inaccurate on someone's blog, I finally found noche_caliente's post (link) showing the layout. I figured I'd post up a pic so hopefully the next guy/gal can use it as a reference.
If you're nervous this is inaccurate, lining up the OEM & RT dogbones will show you the "stock" hole layout matches up well, and then logic will point to the rest of the holes being about where I've got them labelled.

Point to note: When lowering or raising the front/rear, you can/will experience steering changes. There are other threads chatting about this too.
ie - if you go down 1" in the front and .5" in the rear, it will still rake foreward and be more "responsive" in turns.
I feel 1"f / .5"r would be enough for her to sit comfortably and give a nice (albeit minor) change in handling response, but she's a newbie and I don't want to make it any harder to learn. I've put about 200 miles on the ninja (I ride an r6) and feel the stock steering is decent enough.
So I plan to go 1" front 1" rear (for my wife) to get the steering/handling back to normalish while still giving her better control of the bike by getting her feet flat on the ground.
Also, I would highly recommend the shorter kickstand. I put it on before I lowered the front or the rear, and it still feels pretty solid. If lowering at all... my advice: get the kickstand.

Anyways, thanks to ninjette.org for having all the info I've needed so far on buying/modding/maintaining our ninja 250r. Hopefully this will help someone else Comments, suggestions, criticism welcome.
Cheers
-Chris

dullers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote