ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #1
kyrider
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

Explaining why I love to ride...

I took a couple of my guys out to eat for lunch today and I started talking about the ride I had yesterday and how much I enjoyed just cruising the back roads in the fall like weather. One of my guys said he hated driving and could not imagine just hopping on a bike for a ride. I had to explain to him how different it was. He has an ATV and I told him the experience was much like that but with the freedom of the road. I explained to him about just how nimble the Ninja was and the freedom you feel.

Have you explained this to anyone and if so how did you do it?

Last futzed with by kyrider; September 17th, 2011 at 07:25 PM.
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #2
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

well riding a bike makes you a much better driver.. then they ask if you can go fast when they hear yes they go for it

Old September 17th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Some folks will never understand. But riding on open roads is invigorating. Unlike travelling in a car, on a motorcycle you experience the smell of the air, the changes in temps, and the feel of the road as you bank thru the turns. It's so much more sensory than driving a car and I'm sure that's why so many of us enjoy it. Just took my neighbor on a 1600 mile ride into North GA and NC camping along the way...He loved the adventure and I did too. It's addictive but in a good way as its a "high" that is healthy and expands ones horizons. Can't wait for my next trip.
Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #4
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

I always say that with a car, you look to get to your destination the fastest (taking the tranCanada/Interstate). With a bike, you look for the longest destination on back roads to get there!