ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old May 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #81
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

Yea sorry guys forgot to update...soon as I got to the beach I just zoned out for the weekend haha. The rest of the trip from the cape up to sea side was pretty uneventful. Ive been riding up back by Rutgers for 2 days now and its so different then riding in florida. I dunno if you guys have ridin down there but we have perfect roads...as in no bumps or pot holes or anything. Well New Jersey is so different to stay the least. I ride the roads up here all the time in my car but they are so different on a bike...im seeing bumps and road imperfections I never knew were there. It makes me a little nervous but Im handling it well...not gunna ride at night for a while till I get comfortable with the roads and really know them well. So its supposed to rain the rest of the week now so I cant wash the bike...it really needs it. Question...should I wait to clean and lube the chain till I wash the bike? I think that seems like the logical thing to do. Also, anyone know where I can get the frame bolt covers other than at a dealership as somehow one came off while I was riding. Overall a very good trip and Im starting to get excited already for the ride back down. I think that trip will be me riding the whole way and making some detours to some nice roads on the way down. I'll be able to take my time as I wont have the time constraint of classes. Thanks for all the help guys...seriously. Great group of people.

Dj....this week is supposed to rain until saturday...but I would def like to get together with some other riders and go out for a ride sometime. Shot me a pm whenever you wanna go. That goes for any other jersey riderr
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #82
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

"Question...should I wait to clean and lube the chain till I wash the bike? I think that seems like the logical thing to do."

Yea ive done that, unless the Chain is very DRY looking! Then Wash it anyway b4 you Re lube it!

your Manual says "Chain lube should be done every 400 miles, depending on your riding in Rain/Dirt often"

Chain Adjustment/Slack " should be checked or adjusted every 600 miles"

I heard once your Bike has 600miles, and been adjusted for the First time... your Chain really shouldnt be Loose enuff for a Adjustment again for maybe 800-1,000 miles! I only have 1,134 miles on my bike atm, so ill have too see how the Slack will be @ 1,600 miles.
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2009, 05:00 AM   #83
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Matt, when are you riding back? You should take the mountains going home. If you have time (4 or 5 days) there are some fantastic roads if you go the scenic route instead of the direct route.

Old May 27th, 2009, 05:16 AM   #84
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

The date isn't set yet but I'm looking at like july 10th or around there. Yea I want to make this like a 5 day trip back bouncing between coastal roads and then mountian roads in the interior of the states. I guess its time to do some research haha
Posted via Mobile Device

Old May 27th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #85
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
The date isn't set yet but I'm looking at like july 10th or around there. Yea I want to make this like a 5 day trip back bouncing between coastal roads and then mountian roads in the interior of the states. I guess its time to do some research haha
Posted via Mobile Device
It's tough to have it both ways.

I suggest the coast of New Jersey. Then head west and hit Skyline> Blue Ridge> the whole Deal's Gap area. The Georgia hills north of Atlanta. Down to Florida and the back roads of Florida home.

That's the only way you can get both coastal and mountains.

I could be riding back to FL from RI about that time. Maybe we can hook up a ride together (if you don't mind putting your life in my hands, just a TrueFaith joke).

Old May 27th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #86
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Haha na a riding buddy sounds good. And I know its hard to do both but there's always a work around right. That little trip you just wrote out sounds good to me
Posted via Mobile Device

Old May 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #87
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
Haha na a riding buddy sounds good. And I know its hard to do both but there's always a work around right. That little trip you just wrote out sounds good to me
Posted via Mobile Device
I think that's called a "reach around", unless it from a hooker, then it could be a "work around"

I'm going up to the Island of Rhode on June 26. I'm not sure exactly when I'm coming back. I have to stop by Cape May so my son can check out where the Coast Guard trains on the way back. After that it is follow the weather and all those beautiful roads.