ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM   #1
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Dressing up your Stock Exhaust Pipe!

Hi, i have an idea about jazzing up my stock exhaust pipe. Basically it involves Wrapping a Vinyl Carbon-Fiber (look) sheet around the stock chrome exhaust pipe, covering it close to what one of the members did to their blue 250R with engine heat paint (black). Then put a reflective Red lettering of my choice over that on the outside for added looks!

my question is... would the vinyl carbonfiber (looking) and reflective red vinyl... peel right off the first time the exhaust pipe gets up to its normal HOT temp? i would think yes. Im still waiting for a email reply from a vinyl manufacture to answer this very question that i asked them, but i felt id ask you guys in case 1 of ya used to or still works for a vinyl company. thanks!~
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Ken08Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

The vinyl will not last the heat will melt it. You would be better off painting it.
Ken08Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM   #3
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lucas

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue 250R

Painting the exhuast is one thing, but why would anyone want to mod their stock exhaust to look like aftermarket with carbon decals and reflective lettering? It's like placing "Type R" decals on mom's honda civic. Like i said in the other thread, your best bet is to leave the stock exhaust unmolested, stickers will not make you go faster... Dave, i hope this doesn't make me sound like a jerk, but theres no point in pretending your bike is something it isnt. Aftermarket exhausts, fender eliminators, integrated tail lights, and jetting is cool, but its not cool to pretend you've done these things to your bike when you havn't. I believe the term thrown around is "squid." Im more than happy putting around in my stock ninja as a complete newb, so i dont attract negative attention that i can't handle. Enjoy your bike for what it is and just ride it, and when you get the money, hook it up the right way, and make sure all your mods are reversible for the next guy that buys it off you. The stock looking ninja looks BAD ASS, i actually have women coming up to me in wallgreens or fridays or wherever i am to talk about it, thats proof enough for me.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM   #4
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

my plan wasnt to make the stock pipe 'look' like a aftermarket one. ie: put a 2 Bros decal on or such. All the chrome on the stock pipe is getting alil too much for me to like anymore. I dont have the money to drop 400-800 bones for a slip-on or full exhaust. I just was looking to jazz it up for looks, and if someone asked me what exhaust that is, i wouldnt have a problem telling them its stock. anyhow, the company hasnt emailed me back yet, but i figured the vinyl would melt off. Just double checking! thanks
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM   #5
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lucas

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue 250R

Someone is selling a stock exhaust in the classifieds. If i were you i would grab that and look into painting it black or something. That's my plan when i free up some cash.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM   #6
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Ferget it. Vinyl wasn't made for high heat, period.

Paint if if you must.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #7
a10forwar
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

No on the vinyl for sure. Paint is ok. Just get the high temp stuff. I painted my exhaust tip cap and lower heat shield black and it looks pretty f*&$%@# AWESOME.
a10forwar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #8
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by a10forwar View Post
No on the vinyl for sure. Paint is ok. Just get the high temp stuff. I painted my exhaust tip cap and lower heat shield black and it looks pretty f*&$%@# AWESOME.

Old August 24th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #9
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

Here's a Pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A P Hanger 002_1_1.JPG (55.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg rust-oleum high heat ultra semi-gloss 001.jpg (76.2 KB, 31 views)
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote