ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 6th, 2019, 06:57 PM   #1
A.J.
ninjette.org guru
 
A.J.'s Avatar
 
Name: AJ
Location: Green Valley, IL
Join Date: May 2017

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Posts: 324
This upper head light plastic worth $250?

I wanted to pick this up off eBay just to have. I feel like $250 is fair but wanted to get your opinions? I’m picturing the worst of the damage on it. Off of an ‘06 just like mine. Except for the scratches shown it’s in really good shape.
Scratches up close


Farther away pic of scratches



Edit: I went ahead and bought it. After looking all over and seeing that people are paying more for ones in much worse shape and considering the rarity. He also came down $50 so $200 shipped feels pretty good to me. Plus he threw in the left turn signal for free that I need. Thanks!
__________________________________________________
"A car or truck will get you from point A to B. But a motorcycle, that is the point." -unknown
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote




Old April 7th, 2019, 07:49 AM   #2
dodgerdad
ninjette.org member
 
dodgerdad's Avatar
 
Name: Hector
Location: SoCal
Join Date: Sep 2018

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Posts: 186
It seems a little steep for me, but I guess shop around for comparisons.

I hope to list my upper, lower and tail section later this week. Too bad mine aren't blue.
__________________________________________________
When you see me, it's already too late.
dodgerdad is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 7th, 2019, 08:58 AM   #3
A.J.
ninjette.org guru
 
A.J.'s Avatar
 
Name: AJ
Location: Green Valley, IL
Join Date: May 2017

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerdad View Post
It seems a little steep for me, but I guess shop around for comparisons.

I hope to list my upper, lower and tail section later this week. Too bad mine aren't blue.
Well he came down to $200 and even threw in the left front turn signal I needed. These parts are super rare used. I’ve done a lot of comparisons over the last few years really because it’s something I’ve always wanted to replace since I got the bike. Kid that owned it before me laid it down. I basically cemented it back together but I know when I take it off there’s a chance one of the areas could snap. So it’s something that’s needed replaced I just couldn’t find my color or a good price for condition. I’ve seen them going for around $250+ with cracks in them. So you should definitely get a pretty penny for all your pieces. Especially that upper headlight plastic. I’m gonna sell my old one too to recoup some of the money I bet a could make a quick $100 off of it even though it’s in very rough shape. Makes me so mad that I’ve never laid my bike down or hurt her in any way. And someone backs into her and knocks her down. It’s like, can’t i be the one to F up my own bike? Lol
__________________________________________________
"A car or truck will get you from point A to B. But a motorcycle, that is the point." -unknown
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 8th, 2019, 06:06 AM   #4
dodgerdad
ninjette.org member
 
dodgerdad's Avatar
 
Name: Hector
Location: SoCal
Join Date: Sep 2018

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Posts: 186
Thumbs up

Good luck and be sure to post pics once your bike is back together.
__________________________________________________
When you see me, it's already too late.
dodgerdad is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 10th, 2019, 10:39 AM   #5
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore
 
VaFish's Avatar
 
Name: Tom
Location: Northern Virginia
Join Date: Jul 2015

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2006 Harley Sportster 1200C

Posts: A lot.
MOTM - Jan '16
I need to put some parts up for sale on E-Bay
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 12th, 2019, 07:31 AM   #6
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore
 
Ram Jet's Avatar
 
Name: Bill
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Join Date: Mar 2017

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Posts: A lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
I wanted to pick this up off eBay just to have. I feel like $250 is fair but wanted to get your opinions? Iím picturing the worst of the damage on it. Off of an Ď06 just like mine. Except for the scratches shown itís in really good shape.
Scratches up close


Farther away pic of scratches



Edit: I went ahead and bought it. After looking all over and seeing that people are paying more for ones in much worse shape and considering the rarity. He also came down $50 so $200 shipped feels pretty good to me. Plus he threw in the left turn signal for free that I need. Thanks!
You stole it! A new one (if you can still get one) would cost you $595.00 and that's a very good price through Partzilla.com.

Bill
__________________________________________________
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results each time.
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 12th, 2019, 09:06 AM   #7
A.J.
ninjette.org guru
 
A.J.'s Avatar
 
Name: AJ
Location: Green Valley, IL
Join Date: May 2017

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
You stole it! A new one (if you can still get one) would cost you $595.00 and that's a very good price through Partzilla.com.

Bill
I was gonna email you UB! Always giving me credit for my good purchases, I appreciate that! Iím gonna shoot you an email anyway to catch up!
__________________________________________________
"A car or truck will get you from point A to B. But a motorcycle, that is the point." -unknown
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 15th, 2019, 06:39 AM   #8
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member
 
Name: Charlie
Location: Brick NJ
Join Date: Feb 2018

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Honda Big Ruckus, 305 Honda Dream

Posts: 151
Thanks good to know how valuable those plastic parts are.
I am looking for another ninja to turn into a cafe racer. Maybe I can sell the plastic for more then I pay for the bike!
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 15th, 2019, 11:12 AM   #9
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore
 
Ram Jet's Avatar
 
Name: Bill
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Join Date: Mar 2017

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Posts: A lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
Thanks good to know how valuable those plastic parts are.
I am looking for another ninja to turn into a cafe racer. Maybe I can sell the plastic for more then I pay for the bike!
Probably. I have one spare upper fairing (repaired) and one in process. I plan on dieing with my little EX250. The last of nine bikes in my life and the last one I want - except maybe a Ducati.

Bill
__________________________________________________
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results each time.
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 16th, 2019, 06:37 AM   #10
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member
 
Name: Charlie
Location: Brick NJ
Join Date: Feb 2018

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Honda Big Ruckus, 305 Honda Dream

Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
Probably. I have one spare upper fairing (repaired) and one in process. I plan on dieing with my little EX250. The last of nine bikes in my life and the last one I want - except maybe a Ducati.

Bill
My next door neighbor has 6 or 7 Ducatiís in his garage. I am in the final stages of lifting my house. The lift gave me a 1600 square foot shop. He will be moving the Ducatiís, one of those 47 Ronin bikes, and a bunch of Italian motor scooters.

He is just starting the 2 year process of elevation. Why 2 years? Remember we live in New Jersey where every form of government has its hand out. What they canít outright steal, they hang you up with all kinds permits and inspections.
Then they fine you for things like messy building site, or weeds or some other money grab BS regulation. Each infraction is $250 bucks. Remember you have to move out of your house during the rebuild. Last year fall I got a warning about living in the house before we got a final Certificate of Occupation. What was left to do? Landscaping. Winter was a month away. No landscaping with frozen ground. We went back the Florida for the winter.

My rant for the day, or maybe my first one for the day.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 16th, 2019, 08:20 AM   #11
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore
 
Ram Jet's Avatar
 
Name: Bill
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Join Date: Mar 2017

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Posts: A lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
My next door neighbor has 6 or 7 Ducati’s in his garage. I am in the final stages of lifting my house. The lift gave me a 1600 square foot shop. He will be moving the Ducati’s, one of those 47 Ronin bikes, and a bunch of Italian motor scooters.

He is just starting the 2 year process of elevation. Why 2 years? Remember we live in New Jersey where every form of government has its hand out. What they can’t outright steal, they hang you up with all kinds permits and inspections.
Then they fine you for things like messy building site, or weeds or some other money grab BS regulation. Each infraction is $250 bucks. Remember you have to move out of your house during the rebuild. Last year fall I got a warning about living in the house before we got a final Certificate of Occupation. What was left to do? Landscaping. Winter was a month away. No landscaping with frozen ground. We went back the Florida for the winter.

My rant for the day, or maybe my first one for the day.
I'm with your brother. I spent 17 years in Flanders, N.J. The government in New Jersey are freakin' Nazis. I was scared to death of any cop there. I'm in Michigan now and am very glad. I hope to hell you don't enjoy firearms - the worst place to be in the world except perhaps New Zealand.

Bill
__________________________________________________
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results each time.

Last futzed with by Ram Jet; April 16th, 2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 17th, 2019, 06:31 AM   #12
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member
 
Name: Charlie
Location: Brick NJ
Join Date: Feb 2018

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Honda Big Ruckus, 305 Honda Dream

Posts: 151
Well I do enjoy firearms.
When we moved to NJ 26 years ago I to leave 50% of all my firearms in PA with my son. No class 3 in NJ, no high capacity military guns either. Coming from Texas was quite a shock.
We live in Florida for the winter. Down here they issue out of state folks with CC permits. Itís good in something like 38 states.

I have a hobby with son, WWII re-enactments. I canít keep an M1 carbine in New Jersey. Can you imagine what would happen if you got in your half track with a 50 caliber and a side mounted 30 caliber machine gun and went for a ride? In PA everyone waves. In NJ the cops would be up you arse in 10 seconds.
Or get dressed up in your complete uniform with an M1 with bayonet, captured Luged pistol, with a fighting knife, and a couple of dummy hand grenades and go for a stroll. or better yet go for a ride in a Jeep with a 30 cal machine gun mounted. The cops would loose their minds. Yet drive a few miles to PA and they roll out the red carpet. That is how messed up NJ is.

We are getting ready for the MAAM WWII at the Reading Airport in June. Something like 1700 re-enactors along with hundreds of WWII vehicles and airplanes will be on display. I bet there are over 6,000 WWII guns on display. Too bad the sorry state of New Jersey could never host such an event.
The only thing I keep in NJ is the uniform. The guns and knives stay in PA.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old April 17th, 2019, 08:53 AM   #13
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore
 
Ram Jet's Avatar
 
Name: Bill
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Join Date: Mar 2017

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Posts: A lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
Well I do enjoy firearms.
When we moved to NJ 26 years ago I to leave 50% of all my firearms in PA with my son. No class 3 in NJ, no high capacity military guns either. Coming from Texas was quite a shock.
We live in Florida for the winter. Down here they issue out of state folks with CC permits. Itís good in something like 38 states.

I have a hobby with son, WWII re-enactments. I canít keep an M1 carbine in New Jersey. Can you imagine what would happen if you got in your half track with a 50 caliber and a side mounted 30 caliber machine gun and went for a ride? In PA everyone waves. In NJ the cops would be up you arse in 10 seconds.
Or get dressed up in your complete uniform with an M1 with bayonet, captured Luged pistol, with a fighting knife, and a couple of dummy hand grenades and go for a stroll. or better yet go for a ride in a Jeep with a 30 cal machine gun mounted. The cops would loose their minds. Yet drive a few miles to PA and they roll out the red carpet. That is how messed up NJ is.

We are getting ready for the MAAM WWII at the Reading Airport in June. Something like 1700 re-enactors along with hundreds of WWII vehicles and airplanes will be on display. I bet there are over 6,000 WWII guns on display. Too bad the sorry state of New Jersey could never host such an event.
The only thing I keep in NJ is the uniform. The guns and knives stay in PA.
My Springfield Armory M1A and I are very happy here in Michigan. I have 5, 10, 20 and 25 round magazines. The morons in N.J. and Diane Feinstine can kiss my rosy red rectum. I even re-installed a bayonet lug and bought a bayonet for it. I would love to attend one of your WWII events (unarmed).

Cherrs,

Bill
__________________________________________________
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results each time.
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Motorcycle Safety Foundation

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 AM.


remote server monitor
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Except where otherwise noted, all site contents are © Copyright 2019 ninjette.org, All rights reserved.