ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old April 7th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #81
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/merged with our mongo Television thread.

I'm *really* liking Archer.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #82
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

"finished" my htpc some time last year. Canceled cable and just stream or download everything now. We don't watch a whole lot of tv, but I'm kind of an HD snob when we do.

I watch a lot of anime and documentaries. Planet earth, how it's made, amazing structures type of stuff. Otherwise we do watch dexter and mad men and the office. And I keep up on futurama and family guy (this season is terrible) and I'll check out recommended shows every so often. The latest was community which is meh. Gonna check out modern family tonight.
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2011, 12:55 AM   #83
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Pretty much just "House M.D." and "House" (same show but they changed the name in Season 2).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM   #84
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I'm *really* liking Archer.
That show is hilarious.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #85
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

What's a "Dee... Veee..... Arrrrrr?"

*cough*torrents*cough* (plus RSS downloader = shows ready to watch when I wake up)

I'm a huge movie fanatic and TV fan to a lesser extent so this is going to be a rather verbose post.. sorry.

As of tomorrow my family will have been cable-free for exactly 1 year. Don't miss it too much, except for when History channel actually shows something that isn't crappy pseudo-reality TV - Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Ice Road Truckers, et. al. - and actually deals with history; do miss Modern Marvels a bit though. Miss the Discovery, Science, and Military channels but not too much when I think about the fact I'd never get to watch any of those channels anyway.

With a 6-year-old and a 20-month-old at home watching live TV usually consists of news & maybe a Simpson's re-run, and occasionally Letterman's monologue. Everything I watch is d/l'd which is nice since it's edited to remove commercials. My wife doesn't really follow any shows but I got her hooked on a couple of shows. I usually don't get a chance to keep up with shows throughout the season, so I end up just d/l'ing the whole season and watching it over the summer. Here's what I watch:

Top Gear - Best. Show. Ever! (US version is meh, but I'm giving it a chance, the first few seasons of TG UK weren't very good either)
Chuck - absolutely love the geeky references to older movies, perfect for nerds like me in our 30's. Haven't seen a single ep from this season yet.
30 Rock - not sure if it's going to still be good once Baldwin leaves this season
Fringe - schlocky Sci-Fi, probably wouldn't have stuck around if it weren't for Walter. Haven't seen any of this season yet though.
Smallville - this is my guilty pleasure show, and Erica Durance... ahhh.. yeah, yum. Hated the Lana/Clark crap, was so glad when they got rid of her as a primary character.
Mythbusters - pseudo-science made entertaining, although I'm growing a bit tired of the "let's blow some sh*t up" theme that occurs each week.
Futurama - own every season on DVD, sooooo glad it came back.
Hawaii Five-0 - one of those shows I was like "really? they're remaking this?" when I heard about it, then after half-way through the season I heard it was pretty good I went back and d/l'd it and it's actually pretty entertaining. I really like Scott Caan's sarcasm in his role as Dan-o. It's my guilty pleasure show that'll replace Smallville after it's done this season.
The Simpsons - still watching this more out of routine, it has its moments but a long way off from its heyday in the early-mid 90's.
Family Guy - another show that's more of a routine, loved it when it first ran but since it came back it went downhill quickly. Really liked the Star Wars episodes, except the last one, it was weak. Own most of the seasons on DVD but I've been contemplating selling off seasons that came out after it returned to TV.
The Walking Dead - Okay, I haven't watched this yet but I can't wait to, I want to do a marathon viewing and just watch all the episodes in a 1-2 day sitting and haven't had the opportunity

Shows I use to watch:
Lost - actually got my wife hooked on this one
The Good Guys - had never previously gotten disappointed when a show got cancelled until this one. Loved this show and much to my surprise my wife did too.
Better Off Ted - I'd probably feel the same way I do about The Good Guys had I caught this show when it was airing. I went back and watched it after it had been cancelled for awhile, loved it. I held onto the shows on my PC to watch when I just need to kill 20 minutes.

I have a friend at work that has cable and lives for watching TV, we have a lot of similar tastes so he's always recommending shows to me. At his suggestion I do plan to go back and start watching Burn Notice, maybe Archer, and a newer show on F/X called Justified.

My actual home theater setup is a Panasonic Viera TC-P50V10, Sony STR-DN1000 7.1 Receiver, oooollldd Cerwin Vega 5.1 speaker system (by far the weakest link in my system), with a PS3 handling my Blu-Ray/media streaming duties. TV is handled by a Monoprice Indoor/Outdoor HD antenna (LOOOVE this thing, $20 purchase to save me hundreds of dollars for cable TV) ran through my attic and split off to the bedrooms/family room. Everything in the family room is ran through the receiver so we're always getting digital audio. Master bedroom has a Samsung LN32C350 32" LCD on the wall hooked up to an LG BD570 blu-ray player that's also networked so it doubles as a media player as well. House is wired with Cat6e to network everything (all audio/network cabling done myself, TYVM ). Shows are streamed off my Win7 machine, hate media center so I just use network shares to access the files.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #86
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Gonna check out modern family tonight.
I tried to like Modern Family but just couldn't. Even with Sofia Vergara as eye candy, I just couldn't get into it.

One show I'm looking forward to is Wilfred (trailer) on FX this summer, but I honestly don't think it'll last very long.

Old May 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #87
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
That show is hilarious.
It really is. Check out frisky dingo also, and maybe sealab 2021 if you haven't seen them.

Old May 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #88
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Archer
Modern Family
Justified
The Walking Dead
Can't wait for Wilfred
Sons of Anarchy
Bob's Burgers
The IT Crowd - British show about 3 people in IT. My life is the same as Roy's.
Loved Better Off Ted as well
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #89
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Quote:
It really is. Check out frisky dingo also, and maybe sealab 2021 if you haven't seen them.
+1 for Sealab 2021.

My buddy @ work & I are always quoting that show.

Old May 6th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #90
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaubideux View Post
+1 for Sealab 2021.

My buddy @ work & I are always quoting that show.
It's a classic

"I love you MC Chris! MC Chris, look at these! They're jiggling baby!

Old December 28th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #91
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

OK - minor update on the technology end. We replaced our media center pc with a new one (3.4 i7, midline nvidia low-power card, 2 x 2 tuner HD cards). Now that it has 4 tuners instead of 2, all network HD recording has been moved over to the PC. It's now tied to a 8 TB NAS instead of a 2 TB one, so we won't run out of space for shows for years if we choose to keep 'em. But - interface is still identical, remote is identical, TV is identical, just a somewhat better gadget hooked to it. We still have the pair of DirecTV DVR's for non-OTA stuff.

On the shows front, we just finished the last few "Chuck" episodes we had recorded, and I'm afraid the show has jumped a whole pile of sharks. It's just not interesting anymore, and isn't likely to be around much longer if I had a hunch. We still liked "Boardwalk Empire" this season, but I didn't think it was as good as last, and the season finale wasn't particularly fulfilling. I didn't like this season of "Damages" much, but my wife did. Really liked the first season of "Game of Thrones", and looking forward to season 2 sometime in April. Also looking forward to the next season of "Justified" that will kick off in January. Ann likes both of the new fairytale type series (Once Upon a Time, and Grimm), but I haven't seen them. I liked the "Sons of Anarchy" season, and am looking forward to the new HBO series "Luck" starting in January as well. It's about horse racing, with Nick Nolte, Dustin Hoffman, and a few other big names in an 8-episode first season.

Anyone else watching something interesting?

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old December 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #92
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Anyone else watching something interesting?
Breaking bad is the best show on tv.

What kind of tuners are you using? I stopped paying attention for a while. Was the Ceton 4 a flop after all that hype?

Old December 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #93
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Agreed! *Love* Breaking Bad. Wife can't stand it. Can't wait for next season, the ending this season was great.

I put in 2 Hauppauge 2250's (link). They are working great. Once the core driver is installed, Media Center picks them up immediately and installs them as 4 separate digital ATSC tuners. I don't know if the Ceton4 is a flop, the specs look great and I'd consider it if we did use digital cable, but it doesn't record HD-OTA like the 2250's. We have an antenna on our roof that we use for all network recording. If I were going the cablecard route, I'd also look into the HD HomeRun products like this. It's pretty slick, 3 tuners sitting on your local network, that can be used by any PC (or tablet) to view or record.

Old December 28th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #94
kyrider

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

Fox News(every thing)
ESPN(every thing)
Modern Family
Big Bang Theory
Breaking Bad
Dexter
American Horror Story
The Office
Psych
Used to: Friday Night Lights
SNL
MNF
NFL Sunday Prime Ticket
Worlds Strongest man Comp
Two and a Half Men
Cinemax when offered free between 1-4am
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #95
capriccio
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Just bought myself a TV. Can't wait to watch some football, finally.
My favorite shows are: House, Breaking bad, Supernatural, Fringe.
I liked 24 too.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #96
shiroganeshinobi
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE

Havent been watching TV much lately but this is what I usually watch.

30 Rock
Archer (Brendon will always been Coach Mcguirk to me)
Arrested Development ( Still need to finish it)

History
Pawn Stars
American Pickers
American Restoration
Swamp People
Big Shrimpin (Looking okay so far)
Top shot (Wasnt fond of this season)

Food Network
Iron Chef
Chopped
Sweet Genius
Cupcake wars (occasionally)

Comedy Central
Anything

Shows I need to watch
The Office
Community
Parks and Rec.
FireFly

Shows I miss
BSG (recent)- Fantastic writing on the show.

Quote:
I loved Frisky Dingo. Killface for president!

Sealab is a hit and a miss for me sometimes like Aqua teen hunger force. Carl is an awesome character on ATHF. Wigggity Wigggity Whamm.
shiroganeshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:43 PM   #97
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I'm enjoying House of Lies. It's a bit crude, and a bit unbelievable, but if you ever spent any time as a management consultant, it's quite entertaining.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #98
cuz
cuz

Name: Israel

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:03 PM   #99
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

I watch some South Park here and there on the PC. Every so often I'll watch Family Guy or Tosh.0 or something funny on NetFlix or Hulu. I like documentaries, otherwise I don't watch much in the way of shows.

Old March 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #100
Alex
ninjette.org dude

http://www.ismyshowcancelled.com/art...-for-season-4/

Quote:
Archer Renewed For Season 4

13 new episodes have been ordered for the show's fourth season.

February 27, 2012

FX has announced that it has renewed animated comedy Archer for a fourth season, which will be comprised of 13 new episodes. The show is currently in the midst of Season 3, which has four episodes remaining before its finale on March 22, 2012.

There is no timetable set for the show's fourth season return at this time.

Old March 9th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #101
CynicalC

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #102
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
I haven't had a tv for a long long time now, but I do watch [and love!] many tv series. I like to watch them on my puter usually by myself. I find I get really drawn into a good show and find myself alternating between crying, sitting on the edge of my seat, jumping, shouting at the screen, gawping and grinning. I remember watching Lost with a housemate years ago and multiple times he felt the need to tell me "it's not real!". I much prefer tv series to films.

My favourites are/were:
Battlestar Galactica (2003)
Cowboy Bebop (probably my favourite show)
Dark Angel (I've watched this through like 3 times. The post-apocalyptic setting really pulls me in. Also... NINJAAA!)
Dexter (<3 Dexter... is that bad??)
Falling Skies
Farscape (Rigel was a twat!)
Firefly (Bastards cancelled it )
Fringe
Jericho
Jonathan Creek
Justified (Raylan is hawt <3)
Long Way Round (motorcycles!!)
Lost (loved it all except for that last series... which was rubbish)
Samuri Champloo
Sons of Anarchy (motorcycles!!)
Taken (aliens!!)
The Killing (2011) (best crime series i've seen)
The Walking Dead (the first series was better, but I'm still enjoying the second)
The Wire
True Blood (kinky, kinky werewolves and vampires)

I like sci-fi, some supernatural ones (especially with zombies!). I really love mystery (hence Lost and Jonathan Creek are in there). The characters are usually the most important thing for me. I especially love small groups of characters that spend a lot of time together and they all have strong personalities.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #103
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

What TV show are you watching?

Right now I'm watching Awake, The Firm, and Once Upon a Time. I'm also waiting for The Walking Dead to kick up again too

I would like to get back up to speed with The Big Bang Theory. I've only watched the first and part of the second season when I was in wacky Iraq.

Old April 12th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #104
CynicalC

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14543

The main ones are Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking Dead and Mad Men. I'll mix in some other stuff here and there like pawn stars.

Old April 12th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #105
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Breaking bad is good, where you at in it?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #106
CynicalC

I'm all caught up with all of them. There was no real cliffhanger at the end. I don't even know how they might start the next season. They're kinda back to square one, so it'll be a surprise. Dexter on the other hand... the season premiere is gonna be intense. And hopefully the walking dead will step up its game too and listen to what the fans want. The show REALLY needs to fall more in line with the comics, which are quite graphic and violent. Not all fru fru like the show has been so far. But if the final 2 minutes of the season finale are a glimpse of things to come, I have high hopes.

Old April 12th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #107
Alex
ninjette.org dude

/merged

Old April 12th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #108
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
I'm all caught up with all of them. There was no real cliffhanger at the end. I don't even know how they might start the next season. They're kinda back to square one, so it'll be a surprise. Dexter on the other hand... the season premiere is gonna be intense. And hopefully the walking dead will step up its game too and listen to what the fans want. The show REALLY needs to fall more in line with the comics, which are quite graphic and violent. Not all fru fru like the show has been so far. But if the final 2 minutes of the season finale are a glimpse of things to come, I have high hopes.
I agree with you about the walking dead! Right now it's basically A Little House on the Prairie, but with zombies. The first season was much more interesting. I still enjoyed the second season though.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #109
cuz
cuz

nuff said

Old April 12th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #110
cuz
cuz

ohh i forgot i already posted oh well

Old April 12th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #111
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

And my favorite TV show which is sadly no longer on TV is
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #112
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Just got caught up with TOUCH. It's not that bad. It's getting interesting.

Old June 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #113
lamchops
ಠ_ಠ

Name: Janelle

Motorcycle(s): current newbie stick is a loaner :P

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
i hereby revive this thread.

House
Bones
Lie to Me
Scrubs
Big Bang Theory
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Community
Firefly
Dollhouse
Criminal Minds
Flashpoint
NCIS
various animes

Old June 7th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #114
Renner
Ignoring Jiggles

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '06 Ninja 250R (Sold)

You people watch to much TV...go outside!!!
Renner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #115
cuz
cuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner View Post
You people watch to much TV...go outside!!!
Its raining
4real

Old June 17th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #116
CynicalC

Today I learned that Sibel Kekilli who plays Shae (Tyrion Lannister's girl) in Game of Thrones used to be a porn star known by the name Dilara.

WARNING ON LINK. *NSFW*

Old June 17th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #117
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Nice
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #118
CynicalC

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #119
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
This will be a good career change for her.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #120
CynicalC

She plays a prostitute.