ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old September 24th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #81
peterpayne
ninjette.org member

Name: Pedro

Motorcycle(s): Pregen body with a newgen engine.

So, do you have pics of your ninjette fightering progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLinde1339 View Post
Been slowly 'fightering mine. One of the toughest things to work around is the gauge cluster and headlight setup, if you're looking to do a cheap build. The fairing/headlight/gauge mount sticks way too far out the front for my taste. I wound up getting a pair of fork mounts (making sure it had 3 holes each) and squeezed the stock headlight into them. Picked up a set of turn signals and affixed those to the brackets using washers to keep them stable. Bar-end mirrors made sure she was legally up to snuff here in NY. Now the tricky part has been the gauges. Depending on what you need to have on there (both legally and aesthetically) you've got options. Being a complete electro-tard myself, I opted to pull the speedo out of the housing and just stick it next to the ignition. Prolly zip tie it to something, but the speedo cable is prtty rigid, and it stays in place pretty well. I do have a single housing speedo that I ordered from India on the cheap. It was designed for a Royal Enfield, so the screw collar on the stock speedo cable is too small to fit on the post of the new speedo, but I'm still braining out trying to fab something up to get it to hold.

Just one question, by "chin-fairing", are you referring to the belly pan? I've been toying with cutting mine down and re-mounting as a belly pan. Unsure tho.
Posted via Mobile Device
peterpayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #82
peterpayne
ninjette.org member

Name: Pedro

Motorcycle(s): Pregen body with a newgen engine.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLinde1339 View Post
And mine, which has that fightered-because-it-was-crashed-by-a-PO-and-not-me rawness about it...

the thing i love about streetfighters are they are always a work in progress. there's always something that can be done to it. it's an evolving, organic process, rather than a static ideal.
Oh, nevermind...
peterpayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #83
rabies
time is running out....

Name: jesse

Motorcycle(s): pregen ninjari

more of a rat bike. a fighter bike is minimal and mean not really a pile of parts and crap..

ps sorry if that hurts your feelings

Old May 27th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #84
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT650schultz View Post
thread revival.
it's a Hyosung engine, forks, wheels, and brakes. (used to have a GT250R)
The frame is custom made from what i can tell.
The swingarm looks like a bicycle frame!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote