Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Notices

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #1
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

need pants suggestions for the wife

she's 5'2" and wears a 0 in most pants. She weighs around 102. The only pants I can find for her are some fieldsheers short pants, but it does not have a removable liner. Anyone have any ideas for pants for short/petite women? I laughingly told her I'd have to buy her some boy's pants, but that may just be the case.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
she's 5'2" and wears a 0 in most pants. She weighs around 102. The only pants I can find for her are some fieldsheers short pants, but it does not have a removable liner. Anyone have any ideas for pants for short/petite women? I laughingly told her I'd have to buy her some boy's pants, but that may just be the case.
Go with the boys pants to make sure she has a proper fit IMHO,
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #3
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

where should I look? I usually shop cycle gear and motorcycle-superstore, but neither have a good selection of kid's clothing and neither have any overpants at all.

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #4
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
where should I look? I usually shop cycle gear and motorcycle-superstore, but neither have a good selection of kid's clothing and neither have any overpants at all.
Since you want over pants you can get normal pants and use them as over pants, there should be some that have leg zips. So if she is size 0 a size 2 might work over jeans kind of thing. If that doesn't work get armor that can be adjusted with reinforced denim that can be tailored over the armor for a better fit.

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Havok
Internet Slut

Just a quick check on sportbike track gear both speed and strength and scorp both make x-small womans gear.

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #6
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Just a quick check on sportbike track gear both speed and strength and scorp both make x-small womans gear.
yeah, i know, but the problem isn't the waist. it's the inseam. Most petite/short women at 5'2" don't have 31" inseams. The shortest I can find is 29.5", which is from those pants I mentioned earlier.

Old November 8th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
yeah, i know, but the problem isn't the waist. it's the inseam. Most petite/short women at 5'2" don't have 31" inseams. The shortest I can find is 29.5", which is from those pants I mentioned earlier.
Hem the bottom to fix the length I would guess. Would be the only thing I could think of

Old November 8th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #8
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

i have some oe rocket ballistic pants that have an adjustable hem - they're perfect

Old November 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #9
petiteninja
ninjette.org member

Name: LMG

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja EX250J

i'm the queen of petite...

i'm 5'1" and i also fall into the size zero camp. i refuse to disclose my weight, but i will tell you that i've never weighed more ten pounds since highschool...i weighed 95 lbs soaking wet back in the day.

alrighty. for summer i went with dragginjeans skinz (the australian company, not the american one) in a size 8...yes a size 8. i also have a pair of alpinestar jeans (size xs) and dainese jeans (size 40) that will fit knee armor comfortably. unfortunately the draggin jeans do not have room for armor although they are included. they're 'skinnies' and inserting armor would totally restrict any blood flow, it's a total joke. i tuck all of my jeans into my boots when i ride, i also tuck my knee armor into my boots so you should take this into consideration. although they are all a bit longer, i imagine that the height of my boot heel in addition to the bend in my knees actually bring the jeans to the correct length.

and for leathers i have a pair of rev'it gear pants in a size 38. needs some breaking and they're a bit snug, but i love them.

when the weather is like it is right now, i wear my dainese hooper d-dry waterproof textile pants. incredibly warm and plenty of room for armor. length is great, fit is great. i'm very happy with the quality.

for women my size i would recommend going with a european company like rev'it or dainese. i do have a pair of scorpion haley's that fit great (size xs) in length but i'm not into the excessive flare at the ankles. i also don't recommend buying her 'boys' pants because they really fit funny around the crotch area. cutting the pants is another alternative but just make sure the armor is positioned correcly when in a crouching position.

good luck with the shopping...
petiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #10
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteninja View Post
i'm the queen of petite...

i'm 5'1" and i also fall into the size zero camp. i refuse to disclose my weight, but i will tell you that i've never weighed more ten pounds since highschool...i weighed 95 lbs soaking wet back in the day.

alrighty. for summer i went with dragginjeans skinz (the australian company, not the american one) in a size 8...yes a size 8. i also have a pair of alpinestar jeans (size xs) and dainese jeans (size 40) that will fit knee armor comfortably. unfortunately the draggin jeans do not have room for armor although they are included. they're 'skinnies' and inserting armor would totally restrict any blood flow, it's a total joke. i tuck all of my jeans into my boots when i ride, i also tuck my knee armor into my boots so you should take this into consideration. although they are all a bit longer, i imagine that the height of my boot heel in addition to the bend in my knees actually bring the jeans to the correct length.

and for leathers i have a pair of rev'it gear pants in a size 38. needs some breaking and they're a bit snug, but i love them.

when the weather is like it is right now, i wear my dainese hooper d-dry waterproof textile pants. incredibly warm and plenty of room for armor. length is great, fit is great. i'm very happy with the quality.

for women my size i would recommend going with a european company like rev'it or dainese. i do have a pair of scorpion haley's that fit great (size xs) in length but i'm not into the excessive flare at the ankles. i also don't recommend buying her 'boys' pants because they really fit funny around the crotch area. cutting the pants is another alternative but just make sure the armor is positioned correcly when in a crouching position.

good luck with the shopping...
Thanks! The helps quite a bit. Can I ask what your inseam is or what inseam you find comfy when buying pants? Do you buy armor separately, if so, what you do buy?

Old November 8th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #11
TenaciousD
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R

I'm interested in this as well. My wife is 5'1", 99 pounds, size 0 and I'm going to start buying her gear so we can ride two-up.

Old November 9th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #12
Havok
Internet Slut

Just want to note that I have helped a few guys wives out of there pants this is the first time I have helped get a chick into them lol

Old November 12th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #13
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I am not sure if it is still there but Road Rider used to be a pretty good place to pick up gear in the Bay Area.. I could be wrong and I haven't been there in some time though.

Old November 12th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Yup, Road Rider still has a pretty good selection...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #15
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Just wanted to update. I picked up a pair of Fieldsheer Women's Adventure Short Pants for $80 on sale (original price of $200) from motorcycle-superstore. I got her the size 4, she usually wears a 0 maybe 2 depending on brand of pants. The Fieldsheer pants were too tight on her. She could zip up and button, but not breath very well. They also looked a lot shorter than the rated inseam size. I think Fieldsheer didn't disclose the length of the "short" pant inseam because they have the same inseam size listed for the regular pants as well. Also, the knee armor was well below her knee. I didn't take a look at the adjustment, but it kinda feels like all they did was chop the hem short without actually adjusting anything else for a short girl.

Edit: I measured the inseam today and it was 28", not the advertised 30 and the waist was approx 24" max, not 26" max.

Last futzed with by CThunder-blue; December 9th, 2010 at 08:50 AM.