ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old September 18th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #1
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Anyone have Supplemental Health Insurance?

So after riding all spring, and summer this year, and having a few close calls.. I got to thinking lately about getting some supplemental health insurance (AFLAC).

Based on this post from a while ago by @Jiggles http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ight=insurance

I already have 250/500/100 coverage, and 250/500 underinsured coverage.. I do have heath insurance through work, but I'm not sure how extensive that coverage is, so I'm thinking about adding supplemental heath insurance as well.... I'm single, no dependents, BUT one trip to the ER, and being laid-up from working can really screw my finances if I'm not properly covered...

Just wondering if anyone else carried supplemental health insurance because they rode??

Old September 18th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

It all depends on your primary health coverage. You need to compare coverage terms, coverage limits, deductibles, etc. to see what makes sense for you. If it's cheaper to get better overall coverage by adding the supplemental, it might make sense. If it's cheaper to move to a higher tier or better primary coverage, that might make more sense instead.

Our primary coverage is pretty good, so I haven't considered looking into any of the supplemental policies.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #3
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It all depends on your primary health coverage. You need to compare coverage terms, coverage limits, deductibles, etc. to see what makes sense for you.
Yeah that's what i sort of figured.. I just started my new job back in March, and haven't took the time to really go over my work health/medical coverage.. Guess I need to send an email to HR