Old March 12th, 2018, 11:09 AM   #1
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Heads up NY metro area... good deal on NEW leftover 300s

The place where I bought my GSXR is a large dealership. At the end of winter they often blow out old inventory, which is how I got a brand-new 750 supersport for a killer price. Motorcycle Mall, Belleville, NJ

Just got an email from them. They've got at least one 2017 Ninja 300, brand new zero miles, for $3999 plus the usual fees. A decent deal if you're in the market for a new bike. It's even the fastest color, which everyone knows is blue.

Details here.

https://www.motorcyclemall.com/defau...m_medium=email

Also worthwhile deals on Yamaha FZ-07s if you're looking at upgrading.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2018, 06:59 AM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I like that GSX-R750 they have, but $20,000 for a track day bike! That's more than I make in a week.

Old March 13th, 2018, 07:56 AM   #3
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Yeah, they always seem to have one or two stupid-priced bikes on the floor. They've also got an RC390 Cup bike.

I think it's to give them cred so the local squids will be impressed. Clearly they're not interested in selling these things.

This is a large place that clearly runs a lot of volume. That's where you can find deals, because they're highly motivated to clear inventory especially when it's more than a year old. They can afford the occasional loss-leader sale that nets them nearly nothing that's what my bike was.

With the 400 about to arrive at the same MSRP as the outgoing 300, I think it's a safe bet that we'll see a whole lot of steeply discounted 300s this year.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2018, 08:07 AM   #4
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Yeah, they always seem to have one or two stupid-priced bikes on the floor. They've also got an RC390 Cup bike.

I think it's to give them cred so the local squids will be impressed. Clearly they're not interested in selling these things.

This is a large place that clearly runs a lot of volume. That's where you can find deals, because they're highly motivated to clear inventory especially when it's more than a year old. They can afford the occasional loss-leader sale that nets them nearly nothing that's what my bike was.

With the 400 about to arrive at the same MSRP as the outgoing 300, I think it's a safe bet that we'll see a whole lot of steeply discounted 300s this year.

I just bought a full race prepped RC390 from Dale Quarterley. I'll be testing it out at the end of the month at Carolina Motorsports Park. I have no idea what to expect but he tells me they are a blast to ride.

Old March 13th, 2018, 08:45 PM   #5
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I just bought a full race prepped RC390 from Dale Quarterley. I'll be testing it out at the end of the month at Carolina Motorsports Park. I have no idea what to expect but he tells me they are a blast to ride.
Cool. Gil from Razee’s rode one when he was down there.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2018, 04:07 AM   #6
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
Cool. Gil from Razee’s rode one when he was down there.

I met a guy from CT at Roebling with a RAZEE Suzuki SV650 racing and doing well. When I asked him how a Suzuki was sponsored by Honda Yamaha Ducati BMW shop he said he was a friend of Gordon. I forget his name but you probably know him. He lives up by Thompson.

If I don't win everything I enter I told Dale I want my money back.

I actually bought the bike for my son to do track days with. I'm only going to run Carolina Motorsports, Road America, Willow, NJ, and maybe Barber with it. Hopefully, I'm going to run a Ducati with Dale, Bob Robinson, and Chris Boy. I'm really going to try at get to Gordon's track day this year.

Old March 14th, 2018, 07:08 PM   #7
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I met a guy from CT at Roebling with a RAZEE Suzuki SV650 racing and doing well. When I asked him how a Suzuki was sponsored by Honda Yamaha Ducati BMW shop he said he was a friend of Gordon. I forget his name but you probably know him. He lives up by Thompson.

If I don't win everything I enter I told Dale I want my money back.

I actually bought the bike for my son to do track days with. I'm only going to run Carolina Motorsports, Road America, Willow, NJ, and maybe Barber with it. Hopefully, I'm going to run a Ducati with Dale, Bob Robinson, and Chris Boy. I'm really going to try at get to Gordon's track day this year.
Yeah he worked there a bit and used to own an aprilia dealership. He hauls bikes all over for people and has quite the hauler. He Does good amount of races and does well.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote