ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 28th, 2015, 12:31 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Yamaha PES2 Electric Sportbike Concept Unveiled At Tokyo Motor Sho

Today at the Tokyo Motor Show Yamaha premiered this, the PES2, an electric sportbike concept incorporating technologies Yamaha says could be “the future of road-going sports bikes.” Details are slim besides what’s given in the photos and the accompanying video, but Yamaha does note that a second motor is housed within the front wheel, meaning the PES2 has two-wheel drive.

With the addition of the “smart helmet,” sensors and cameras can correspond with the helmet via an in-helmet display system, providing information to the rider through*high-sensitivity image sensors and augmented reality.

Other noteworthy features we can see from these photos include front and rear cameras, a minimalist, almost hollow, tail section, and a futuristic gauge cluster revealing lights for different power modes. Keen eyes will also see a gear indicator, though a traditional shifter is non-existent. However, something resembling a clutch lever is clearly visible. A*single KYB fork tube comprises the majority of the front suspension, with something resembling a Hossack-style arm providing additional support.

Further details on the PES2 concept aren’t available, but considering the amount of interest the bike receives, don’t rule out a future electric sports motorcycle from Yamaha.

Yamaha PES2 Electric Sportbike Concept Unveiled At Tokyo Motor Show + Video appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...

Old October 28th, 2015, 03:05 PM   #2
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Gotta say this may be the best looking electric moto I've seen. I really like the minimalist approach while still being packed with a lot of high tech stuff.

One interesting thing I noticed was that it comes with front and rear cameras built in. This is definitely a feature I would like to see on more bikes in the future. My guess is it will probably start becoming standard on more bikes just like ABS is today.

@Alex , you may want to link this to the previous article on this bike.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote