ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 9th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #41
Angel-be-Good
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '11 Street Triple R

I gave a (dude) coworker a ride to the office once. It was maybe slightly awkward but I wouldn't object to future short rides. A day ride would be much for me, though.

Old July 9th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #42
kkim

Well, Ryan, you are in San Fransisco... shouldn't raise any eyebrows at all.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #43
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

lol... I dont know if I would do it. Once I asked to ride of the back of another bike with a guy on it just to see what it was like not the one driving... I stayed as far back as possible so it wasn't a big deal. Not that homophobic to never, ever do it...but I wouldn't just offer or accept a request to ride on the back....
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 05:23 AM   #44
tjkamper
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
sounds like everyone's a tad homophobic, lol

i rarely ride 2 up with another guy, and as some others have mentioned, its only when they are stuck without a ride. the only guy ive taken on the 250r so far has been my little brother (well younger, but hes taller than me ) who isn't allowed on the free way yet, so my gf drove his scooter, and i took him on my bike to the cinemas when we got to the freeway, rofl...

the reason for not really wanting another guy on the back of my bike is mainly cos they usually weigh more than my GF, and its a little awkward, since i don't really want them to hug me the way my gf does, he he...

but to be honest, it doesn't really phase me if its my gf, another girl, brother, or a guy, whoever hops on, as long as they are wearing a helmet, and don't squirm around is welcome for a ride!

if you grow up here where motorbikes are the main means of transportation, and you get whole families (up to 5 people, 2 parents and 3 kids) on a scooter, or 2 ~ 3 guys squeezing onto bikes cos they only have 1 bike, and cant afford a cab, well its just normal every day life here. in the end it comes down to society, and how we view, or think others view ourselves in public.

peace
Amen

Old July 10th, 2009, 05:40 AM   #45
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

omg funny ass video
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 06:25 AM   #46
RMLegacy
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 07 250R

I am OK with giving a friend a ride, as long as they know how to ride on the back.

Here is a friends opinion on the subject:

Always ride hole to hole, never pole to hole.

It does sum it up pretty well.
RMLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 06:29 AM   #47
SteveL
old git

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): BMW K1300S

40 + years ago we never gave it a thought carrying a friend on the back Saturday and Sunday evenings a lot of guys would meet up at Lil’s cafe near Wigan Lancashire it was a bit like this Forum only face to face technical talk general info etc. There was a period when one friend had no bike so I would pick him up and take him along to Lil’s that was on a 600cc Aerial which is a little more useful than a 250 for carrying passengers. Before I had a bike a friend would pick me up and we would share the fuel costs of going to collage. As for hanging on, it’s not necessary if you have a bike that’s big enough for two and the rider is not trying to race every one on the road.
I have never met a GAY biker it’s maybe an American thing.

Steve

Old July 10th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #48
scorpio_vette
ninjette.org member

Name: scorpio

Motorcycle(s): 250

personally i think the biggest issues is the childishness of americans and their thinking. look at it as a seat arrangement rather than placement.

you don't have a problem with your friend riding in the passenger seat of your car do you??? well how is the passenger seat of your bike any different???

i have personally given a friend a ride when i was starting to teach him the basics of riding. but yes i have to admit that when it comes up, something in the back of your head starts to yell "don't do it. people are going to point and laugh". and that's actualy pretty pathetic.

i bet those 3 or 4 guys hugging each other in bob sled racing don't have a problem being called gay. cuz they make more money hugging each other for a minute, then we do busting our butts at work. LOL

just don't sniff my neck. (like duddley did in wildhogs. LOL)

Old July 10th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #49
tjkamper

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
40 + years ago we never gave it a thought carrying a friend on the back Saturday and Sunday evenings a lot of guys would meet up at Lil’s cafe near Wigan Lancashire it was a bit like this Forum only face to face technical talk general info etc. There was a period when one friend had no bike so I would pick him up and take him along to Lil’s that was on a 600cc Aerial which is a little more useful than a 250 for carrying passengers. Before I had a bike a friend would pick me up and we would share the fuel costs of going to collage. As for hanging on, it’s not necessary if you have a bike that’s big enough for two and the rider is not trying to race every one on the road.

Steve
I have a coworker who rides everyday rain or shine and he is homosexual.

Old July 10th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #50
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

I gave a friend a ride once to pick up his bike. Also gave a friend a ride one time just because he never was on a bike and wanted to see what its like. I don't see the big deal with it. I wouldn't go for a long ride or anything, but something short or just to get someone somewhere they need to go I have no problem with.

You guys seem kind of insecure.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #51
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Talking Can't resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_vette View Post
but yes i have to admit that when it comes up, something in the back of your head starts to yell "don't do it. people are going to point and laugh".
Ok man, sorry...not picking on you here, but I LOVED this line...and yes, I imagine, if it "comes up", people will probably point and laugh...hopefully it "stays down". lol!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #52
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
Ok man, sorry...not picking on you here, but I LOVED this line...and yes, I imagine, if it "comes up", people will probably point and laugh...hopefully it "stays down". lol!
Women you can hide your "excitement" with us men it is just there for all the world to see.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #53
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

On the Ninja... no one rides with me.... male or female... I'm not comfortable with passengers. On the Spyder the husband and I switch back and forth on a regular basis. Neither of us have an issue with this even though he's been teased on more than one ocassion.

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #54
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Quote:
haha you dirty dirty thoughts girl :P
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #55
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

so far from responses I see its mainly accepted but not generally an ideal thing for 2 guys on a bike. I dont think anyone has anything against it , its just more common in certain regions that others. But here in San Diego its not so common cause a car is the main mode of transportation, and someone that has a motorcycle most likely has a car as well. I dont think its a couple gay men on a bike when I see it here , I just tend to laugh though cause all the jokes you can make about it. Im used to hanging around people with a sick sense of humor and tough skin for it so its all just fun if I ever see something like 2 dudes on a bike.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old July 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #56
scorpio_vette
ninjette.org member

Quote:

aaww daumn...........ok ok. i walked into that one. LOL

Old July 10th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #57
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
uh oh.... i think it is time to post the video again.

Link to original page on YouTube.

gary that was a hilarious video!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #58
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Great vid!

ROFL! That video was hilarious! :-)

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #59
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Quote:
you don't have a problem with your friend riding in the passenger seat of your car do you??? well how is the passenger seat of your bike any different???
Um, well, for one thing, your friend's Johnson isn't pressing against your arse.

Old July 10th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #60
scorpio_vette
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
Um, well, for one thing, your friend's Johnson isn't pressing against your arse.
weird. i've never had that problem. then again i wear pants when i'm on my bike.

don't you get tickets for riding your bike naked??? and doesn't it hurt getting a sun burn on your wang???

Old July 10th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #61
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Even pants ain't enough. I do not want anyone's panted or unpanted Johnson near my arse, even if I'm wearing steel plated armour.

Old July 10th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #62
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I guess its OK if you have no other option, but not just for fun..... and absolutely NO reach-arounds!
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #63
scorpio_vette
ninjette.org member

so why exactly are americans so insecure in their manhood??? is that thought to the kids by their parents, or is it a american thing???

i'm german, and we grow up surrounded with sexuality. i'm not gay, but i'm also no homophobic.

Old July 10th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #64
headshrink

Quote:
so why exactly are americans so insecure in their manhood??? is that thought to the kids by their parents, or is it a american thing???

i'm german, and we grow up surrounded with sexuality. i'm not gay, but i'm also no homophobic.
I hear German's love David Haselhoff. Is that true?

Old July 10th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #65
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post

Steve
well they exist...the queens next door ride a goldwing

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #66
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

Quote:

why exactly do germans enjoy defecating on each other??? is that a family thing too? Or is it simply a kraut thing?????????????????????????????????

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #67
headshrink

Quote:

In all seriousness, I spent my early elementary school years in Germany, and all that German sexuality was a bit confussing.... exciting, but that is another story. IMO they sexualize kids WAY too early, or at least kids from cultures that start with other messages about modesty and sexuality.

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #68
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
In all seriousness, I spent my early elementary school years in Germany, and all that German sexuality was a bit confussing.... exciting, but that is another story. IMO they sexualize kids WAY too early, or at least kids from cultures that start with other messages about modesty and sexuality.
bob, I also spent my younger years in germany and yes i believe they try to sexualize the young systematically..ahem perhaps a german thing

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #69
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate-bama View Post
bob, I also spent my younger years in Germany and yes i believe they try to sexualize the young systematically..ahem perhaps a German thing
And did I ever tell the story about second grade (in a German school) were my FEMALE teacher was "supervising" the BOYS in the shower room (Germans are big on showering before entering the pool) and making sure we all got NAKED and washed all our "bits?" I honestly believe she meant no harm and this was "normalish" for their culture, BUT the little humiliated American kid felt like he had been molested. Parents pulled me out weeks later and spent the rest of my time in an American DOD school, where we all kept our pants on.

...and that is only one of my sexy German experiences.

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #70
n4t
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

This thread is just too damn funny

Old July 10th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #71
scorpio_vette
ninjette.org member

headshrink:..................NO not all Germans like hasselhoff. i don't.

nate-bama:................NOT all Germans defecate on each other. actually i personally don't know any that do. i thought that was more of an Asian thing. LOL

headshrink:...................it's not that germans sexualize the kids way to early. it's natural, and that's how we are born. plus look at it from this point of view. we grow up and are thought about the human body and sex. it's normal and open, so it's not such an exciting "taboo" as to americans. we aren't as urged by "the forbidden" that we have to go explore it. where americans are always told it's wrong, evil and to stay away from it. remember what happened when your parents told you that the stove was hot and you shouldn't touch it??? what did you do??? my point exactly. now in germany violence on tv is VERY VERY strictly regulated, and video games are even harder regulated. personally i look at it this way. you guys blame tv for turning your kids as violent as they are today. but you don't regulate it even though you bitch about it. on the other hand, who has ever been hurt by watching a boob or full nudity on tv???

and the bit about the teacher in the shower/locker room.......................uumm..........yeah..........so what's wrong with that??? this thread started because somebody was worried about a wang being separated from his azz with 2 layers of riding pants, jeans and boxers, but now you are bitching because you have a female in the locker room??? man you guys are freaking confusing??? so it's not ok to have a guy on the back seat with his clothes on, but you want a guy staring at your wang in the shower??? and they call us Germans weird. LOL

and no we DO NOT like our beer warm. we like it just as cold as anybody else. but when there is no ice or fridge available, then we'd rather have a warm beer over no beer.

Old July 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM   #72
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Those that doth protest to much about "gear near the rear"... are probably more curious than they 'd like to admit
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #73
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
Those that doth protest to much about "gear near the rear"... are probably more curious than they 'd like to admit
As I enjoy telling my homophobic friends, "Hey, butts are butts."
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #74
addy126

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NDLESK1N View Post
As I enjoy telling my homophobic friends, "Hey, butts are butts."
lol

Old July 10th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #75
headshrink

Seriously now - anyone want to back me up on this.... is it OK to force a 7 or 8 year old to strip naked at school (yes - force, I tried to resist)? I know my kids would screem bloody murder and the police would be involved within the hour if anything like this ever happen to them. I gave her the benifit of the doubt because it is her culture and she doesn't know any better.... but the consequences were very similar to a molestation trauma. You don't make other peoples kids get naked!!!! At school no less!!! She would have been arrested here.... probably back then too, but hopefully she would know better.

And then that slippery slope about nudity on TV... there may be something to the "forbidden" allure, but what about that "Sex house" right on the Marianplatz (early 80s)? A nude body isn't shameful, but modesty people, seriously..... there is a difference between an adult mind and a very impressionable developing mind of a child.

Oddly enough, years later this all would become the area of focus for my practice... or maybe not so odd.

Old July 10th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #76
addy126

hmmmmm this is a serious divergence from "2 guys on a bike" to "minors being strip searched".... shouldn't that be a different website under another kind of thread???

Old July 11th, 2009, 06:16 AM   #77
scorpio_vette
ninjette.org member

hey nobody said anything about stripped searched. don't take it to far out of context.

and headshrink...............sorry bout your experience, but i know that "generally" you weren't forced to. i knew 1 kid that took his showers with swimshorts on.

but i suppose how i could see that if you are raised that nudity and stuff is so wrong and taboo that going to a country where that's normal is kinda weird and offsetting. but then again they do it in the states too. soldiers have NO privacy at all

Old July 11th, 2009, 06:59 AM   #78
headshrink

Thanks scorpio. I actually was in swim shorts, until told to take them off. Nudity in the context public same-sex showers isn't actually considered too weird or taboo here (depending on the setting), but you would never force it on anyone, and there would NEVER be an opposite-sex teacher in the shower. Had that happened here today, they would loose their job, be investigated for child abuse, and likely be sued (along with the school) by the parents. But if I went to a health spa today and got naked in the men's shower, no one would think twice about it..... but few people usually do it anyways. You don't mess with Americans' kids.

Anyways, we don't need to argue about it, I think we probably are close enough to seeing each other's sides.

Old July 11th, 2009, 07:49 AM   #79
addy126

Quote:
hey nobody said anything about stripped searched. don't take it to far out of context.
This entire thread is completely out of context to the nature of actual "motorcycling".. 2up is 2up regardless of the gender and now the introduction of "forceable stripping of children".... shame shame... I don't think there is a place for that in here, that again is another website or a completely different form of blogging.

Old July 11th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #80
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

...this thread has taken a turn for the surreal.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote