ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2010 (Sold), 2013 Ninja 300!!

washington drivers

so i was driving around town and its kinda raining and traffic is out. well i was in the left lane a red explorer was in the right lane. i noticed he had a disabled sticker hanging on his rearview mirror (its illigal to drive around wih them on.) well i hang to the left side of my lane and kinda watch him. 200 ft later the assbag floats on over with no blinker. so i slam the horn for a good 30 seconds hit he breaks and he still keeps comming. so after i back off behind him cause he continued to make his lane change so i give him the finger allll the way as i pass him.. pissed me off. i wanted to stop( he was in the left turn lane) and beat the hell out of him

Old October 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #2
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

This morning I was riding to school and some douche with a matte black cavalier swerves over behind a mercedes and tailgates them within a few feet for no reason, swerves back over into the fast lane and gets beside them then goes the same speed, then the mercedes exits and I get on the throttle to pass this idiot on the right but he swerves in front of me, no blinker again, so I drop a couple gears and lay on it and go around him then he follows me tailgating me through my exit all the way to school through the parking lot until I parked, and he was purposely following me because I smashed the throttle and he stayed right up with me (my bike could completely smoke his cavalier but I was just testing his intentions). I checked my bike in between classes to make sure noone effed with it, WA drivers do SUCK they are extremely rude, I get wronged by someone at least once every day, but I think drivers everywhere suck. If I were you I'd keep the use of the middle finger to a minimum, its a good way to get yourself hurt or killed, I recently had a thread about a guy in a minivan chasing me down and trying to run me off the road because I had provoked him by flipping him off when he illegally passed me in my neighborhood.
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Yea i completely understand and normally im not like that when i drive my explorer but on my bike i get so angry so quick. it could be because pple are to lazy to look over there shoulder or i just dont want to die or have to strangle someone for knocking me off my baby and effn it up. That was the first time i flipped someone off sense i been driving. (17 years old to 20). and i think its because i knew he was going to come over but didnt even flinch to my horn. i think i need to get a better one. When it snow's here i just wait till 11 or 12 at night after work before i drive home so i have the whole road to myself. I just cant believe Washington drives and I ask my self if i Drive like that....no..no i dont. lol

Where do you go to school at?
I know at PLU they have security cams and patrols every few minuets. Its actually nice knowing that.

Im just a little quick to anger on my bike. but not like that in my explorer.

Old October 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #4
KawiKid860

I'm over on the east side lol, but I go to CBC. No ninjetters over here ): or at least no ninjette members, I see a TON of 250s here. I'm sure that security patrols the parking lots at CBC or they have cameras because they're pretty on top of things, and motorcycles get the benefit of parking in the diagonal lined spaces at the end of each row of parking :P Now that I think about it I'm pretty quick to anger on my bike too.. not the greatest habit to have lol but being defensive is only going to help me.

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Drivers do dumb things. New riders overreact to them. It'll pass. Stay alert, stay calm, stay upright.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
I'm over on the east side lol, but I go to CBC. No ninjetters over here ): or at least no ninjette members, I see a TON of 250s here. I'm sure that security patrols the parking lots at CBC or they have cameras because they're pretty on top of things, and motorcycles get the benefit of parking in the diagonal lined spaces at the end of each row of parking :P Now that I think about it I'm pretty quick to anger on my bike too.. not the greatest habit to have lol but being defensive is only going to help me.
YES i love that i can park in any lot at PLU. all the pple i know there are jealose, its funny. i have only seen 2 or 3 otherbikes and one ninja

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #7
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Drivers do dumb things. New riders overreact to them. It'll pass. Stay alert, stay calm, stay upright.
true true, stay upright. but its hard...to not get angry..people drive so stupid here

Old October 20th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #8
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

I'd have to agree with Murphey, drivers are stupid everywhere....I plan on vlogging when I get my bike and attempting to showcase just how stupid people really are.
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #9
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by leogutierrez17 View Post
true true, stay upright. but its hard...to not get angry..people drive so stupid here
It's not just near you.....there are assbag drivers....everywhere.

Old October 20th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #10
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
It's not just near you.....there are assbag drivers....everywhere.

Again...just today...almost got ran off the road...i think they should make the drivers test more difficult to weed some people out. And it would help traffic if fewer people were driving. I got so much crap when i was 17 with my license and i have yet to get a ticket or a accident. the one time i got bumped was by a old lady who couldnt see 50 feet in front of her. didnt hurt my truck but messed her bumper up. she was in a hurry to leave. i mean...commmme onnnn

Old October 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #11
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

It's all part of riding. You have to ride like your invisible. There's no such thing about being too paranoid when riding a motorcycle. If there's one thing every motorcycle rider should know, it's that you need to expect the unexpected and be ready for it. There are millions of things to watch out for on a motorcycle; all you can do is prepare yourself and hope for the best.

Old October 20th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #12
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
It's all part of riding. You have to ride like your invisible. There's no such thing about being too paranoid when riding a motorcycle. If there's one thing every motorcycle rider should know, it's that you need to expect the unexpected and be ready for it. There are millions of things to watch out for on a motorcycle; all you can do is prepare yourself and hope for the best.
And that is why im not a smear on the road cause i knew that assbag was going to do something stupid. I have always been good at knowing whats going on around me. I hate now knowing whos behind me or things i cant see.
Like they say, i ride like everyone wants to murder me

Old October 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #13
KawiKid860

I think it might be something that comes with motorcycling... like an instinct where you just know that persons about to unintentionally try and kill you... about a month ago I was following an exit ramp onto another highway and there was a separate ramp to the right and the two come together to form 1 highway, and some instinct just told me the idiot woman in her jeep was going to move over right in front of me. I think it was last week I was taking the car rather than my bike to school (That day turned into a torrential downpour so I was thankful for it) and some idiot buick didn't have the balls to step on it and merge so they swerved over across the median since they missed their opportunity to merge safely and cut off a truck then as I was accelerating around the right lane traffic that had just merged on they cut right in front of me but I was prepared for it because I saw their previous idiocy and just had this feeling they were going to do something stupid again...

Old October 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #14
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

^^its biker sense lol..i dunno. something about stupid drives..you can smell em or something lol

Old October 20th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #15
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

It may be unintentional but it's still very much their fault, imo. People do so many stupid things while driving, including simply driving BAD, and while some incidents can't be avoided, many can by just focusing on driving, maintaining your sense of awareness and knowing what's around you.

I also agree with what another member posted that in order to get your license, it should be a bit more strict. Nowadays, pretty much any idiot can be licensed to control a 4,000lb. metal box on wheels. People should really start taking being on the road just a tad bit more serious and watch out. Sure, driving a car might be trivial to some but becoming complacent is what leads to people getting killed.
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 20th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #16
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
It may be unintentional but it's still very much their fault, imo. People do so many stupid things while driving, including simply driving BAD, and while some incidents can't be avoided, many can by just focusing on driving, maintaining your sense of awareness and knowing what's around you.

I also agree with what another member posted that in order to get your license, it should be a bit more strict. Nowadays, pretty much any idiot can be licensed to control a 4,000lb. metal box on wheels. People should really start taking being on the road just a tad bit more serious and watch out. Sure, driving a car might be trivial to some but becoming complacent is what leads to people getting killed.
Yea i think they should have a lot stricter testing as well as having to re-test every 5 or 10 years. cause i swear some people..i dont understand how they got there licence. And i couldnt agree more. all it takes sometimes is looking over your shoulder. and a death/accident could be avoided. but i guess the world is just suffering...

-at least if i go..i will have gone on my ninja

Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:38 AM   #17
KawiKid860

Ahhh today some b*tch on a cellphone in an explorer pulled out right in front of me, so after I hit my brakes then dropped a couple gears and flew by her her passenger stuck his head out the window, so I did the thing that you aren't supposed to do that I know better than to do, I gave em a big fat middle finger, in which he replied to with his own middle finger then he signaled me to follow them like he wanted to fight. I was already turning, which is why I decided to flip them off but man would I have loved to test out the armor in my gloves on that punks face... lol. I guess I should get in the habit of waving my hand violently in the air instead of the middle finger.. less provoking but still gets the point across. Then I had some other jerks do me wrong, then saw a Cadillac CTS-V and a Ferrari 458 Italia, which kinda made up for it.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:45 AM   #18
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Ahhh today some b*tch on a cellphone in an explorer pulled out right in front of me, so after I hit my brakes then dropped a couple gears and flew by her her passenger stuck his head out the window, so I did the thing that you aren't supposed to do that I know better than to do, I gave em a big fat middle finger, in which he replied to with his own middle finger then he signaled me to follow them like he wanted to fight. I was already turning, which is why I decided to flip them off but man would I have loved to test out the armor in my gloves on that punks face... lol. I guess I should get in the habit of waving my hand violently in the air instead of the middle finger.. less provoking but still gets the point across. Then I had some other jerks do me wrong, then saw a Cadillac CTS-V and a Ferrari 458 Italia, which kinda made up for it.
i know its really hard to hold the anger in. in a car im not angry. on my ninja. i am a demon. first time i gave some one the finger was on my bike. (im a calm person) and i wanted to beat some faces in. any who. stay safe. maybe we should have a biker anger control group lol

Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:50 AM   #19
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
...snip...
You seem to get into alot of road rage incidents. What can you do differently to avoid them?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:58 AM   #20
kiler
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): '79 Honda CX500, '71 Yamaha R5350, '72 Yamaha LT2 125, '75 Honda CT90 and a Ninny

Quote:
Originally Posted by leogutierrez17 View Post
so i was driving around town and its kinda raining and traffic is out. well i was in the left lane a red explorer was in the right lane. i noticed he had a disabled sticker hanging on his rearview mirror (its illigal to drive around wih them on.) well i hang to the left side of my lane and kinda watch him. 200 ft later the assbag floats on over with no blinker. so i slam the horn for a good 30 seconds hit he breaks and he still keeps comming. so after i back off behind him cause he continued to make his lane change so i give him the finger allll the way as i pass him.. pissed me off. i wanted to stop( he was in the left turn lane) and beat the hell out of him
You wanted to beat the hell out of a disabled dude???
That woulda learned him!!!
kiler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM   #21
KawiKid860

Quote:
You seem to get into alot of road rage incidents. What can you do differently to avoid them?
I wouldn't call it road rage, I'm not chasing them down screaming and making rude gestures (I've only flipped someone off 3 times) Usually when someone pulls something rude that aggravates/angers/annoys I just go by them. The only thing I can do to avoid this is to stay home... I'm going out for another ride on this beautiful October Sunday, hopefully I won't need to practice "anger management" but if the opportunity arises I'll keep peaceful thoughts in my mind! Is it really worth getting steamed up and angry over one idiot driver, who probably doesn't even care? Nawh definitely not.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM   #22
fujimumu
ninjette.org member

Name: Kensai

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2009 Ninja 250R

I like to keep both hands on the bars ready to avoid idiots rather than provoke them.
fujimumu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:53 PM   #23
KawiKid860

I cruise with one hand so I have the other ready to do all sorts of things

Old October 27th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #24
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Don't even get me started on how many incompetent drivers we have here n Washington! When I was taking my test for my driver's license there was a Hispanic guy in front of me who could barely speak English and got something like a 42% on the test. The lady told him he failed and he kept arguing with her. That, and it seems like a miracle every time I reach my destination while having to swerve out of the way of old people, people talking on their damn cell phones, people driving 10 below the speed limit, etc. It's crazy how many bad drivers are in Washington State alone!
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 27th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #25
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Quote:
Whenever someone curses about drivers from a particular area, I like to say, "drivers suck everywhere"

It's true lol. I haven't been anywhere on this planet with vehicles, where there weren't people who stink at operating them.

It's just a fact of life, you have to stay calm and be ready for anything! Getting angry/overworked will only lead to trouble, when you're calm and alert you react using your head!
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #26
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
Whenever someone curses about drivers from a particular area, I like to say, "drivers suck everywhere"

It's true lol. I haven't been anywhere on this planet with vehicles, where there weren't people who stink at operating them.

It's just a fact of life, you have to stay calm and be ready for anything! Getting angry/overworked will only lead to trouble, when you're calm and alert you react using your head!
Oh...Washington drivers

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-wash...,1773890.story

Trust me, it sucks here. its almost sad

Old October 28th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #27
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha Man View Post
Don't even get me started on how many incompetent drivers we have here n Washington! When I was taking my test for my driver's license there was a Hispanic guy in front of me who could barely speak English and got something like a 42% on the test. The lady told him he failed and he kept arguing with her. That, and it seems like a miracle every time I reach my destination while having to swerve out of the way of old people, people talking on their damn cell phones, people driving 10 below the speed limit, etc. It's crazy how many bad drivers are in Washington State alone!
LOL damn Hispanic crazy guy (im Hispanic lol) I passed my test with like a 90 something, (damn parallel park) but i understand your pain. Its like dodging bullets(that are cars) , on a bike (which is fun) yet deadly.

Old October 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #28
KawiKid860

Lol! I was in Seattle for my birthday once and we drove by a car full of girls with a giant inflatable penis sticking out of the window, it was freaking hilarious! Not as many weirdos over on the dry side though

Old October 28th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #29
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Quote:
Lol! I was in Seattle for my birthday once and we drove by a car full of girls with a giant inflatable penis sticking out of the window, it was freaking hilarious! Not as many weirdos over on the dry side though
...Only in Washington would you find that. I was driving to college today and there was a car that said "I love boobs" on it and there were boobs painted all over the car. When I looked inside I saw a girl driving. lol Are they just taking breast cancer awareness month too seriously or is she serious?

Old October 29th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #30
KawiKid860

Quote:
...Only in Washington would you find that. I was driving to college today and there was a car that said "I love boobs" on it and there were boobs painted all over the car. When I looked inside I saw a girl driving. lol Are they just taking breast cancer awareness month too seriously or is she serious?
I love boobs too. Lmao in a grocery store parking lot some dude had a sign hanging on his mirror that said "I love my penis"

Old October 29th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #31
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Quote:
Maybe hes not a people person so people want to run him down.

Old October 29th, 2011, 01:41 AM   #32
rusninja

Quote:
I wouldn't call it road rage, I'm not chasing them down screaming and making rude gestures (I've only flipped someone off 3 times) Usually when someone pulls something rude that aggravates/angers/annoys I just go by them. The only thing I can do to avoid this is to stay home... I'm going out for another ride on this beautiful October Sunday, hopefully I won't need to practice "anger management" but if the opportunity arises I'll keep peaceful thoughts in my mind! Is it really worth getting steamed up and angry over one idiot driver, who probably doesn't even care? Nawh definitely not.
Seems like a perfect way to get run over.

Old October 29th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #33
KawiKid860

Thank you for your worthless opinions regarding my posts, I'll be sure to not take them into consideration.

Old October 29th, 2011, 02:11 AM   #34
rusninja

Its ok kawikid... you need to chill it if you ever want to become a man. To not be a bad driver you have to be able to control yourself and if you can not you make it harder on yourself when on the road.

Old October 29th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #35
KawiKid860

Quote:
Its ok kawikid... you need to chill it if you ever want to become a man. To not be a bad driver you have to be able to control yourself and if you can not you make it harder on yourself when on the road.
LOL are you trying to school me on becoming a man?! I'm not a bad driver, nor am I a bad motorcyclist. I see your point though I think some of my stories are a bit exaggerated, I don't get like crazy mad like road rage, just annoyed I guess? Anger is too strong of a word for how I really feel. Also don't make two rude, snide comments about me, then try and act like you're giving me advice. Appreciate it.

Old October 29th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #36
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Quote:
I love boobs too. Lmao in a grocery store parking lot some dude had a sign hanging on his mirror that said "I love my penis"
Haha that's great! I saw a homeless guy at Wal-Mart that was holding a sign that said "Are you angry? Yell at me for $1" I laughed so hard at that sign, mostly because people were really pulling up to him and screaming in his face then giving him the money. It was genius I tell you!

Old October 29th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #37
Liist
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I saw a punk/hipster guy hold a sign that said will take verbal abuse for money. I don't like hipsters, so I kind of wanted to beat him up physically.

Stupid drivers are everywhere. I remember trying to get to the RIGHT lane in Orlando and a stupid mother****er sped up to refuse me to cut him off, and I was trying to get off the highway. This was in my car, and he passed just slowly enough for me to PIT maneuver.

Next time I know that I'll simply cut people off since they're so inconsiderate. Usually I would signal and then cut them off anyway.
Liist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #38
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Bike-less, Can I ride yours?

Parking at UW is expensive so I don't get to ride

Old October 31st, 2011, 12:40 PM   #39
downshift83
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Down

Motorcycle(s): oh' 10 R1 /YZ450f

Drivers DO suck in Washington...there are dumb people everywhere...But here, it seems poeple go out of their way just to be fvcking stupid.

dont even get me started on bitches and cell phones...
downshift83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2011, 12:47 PM   #40
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I was passing an elementary school this morning when a car just pulled out from my left and would have colided with me if I didn't see it coming and go off road. There was a line of cars to my left waiting to turn left but there's no excuse for not seeing me through them when I saw them just fine. Luckily, I was obeying the 35MPH school speed limit.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote