ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 30th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #1
kittyslasher
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Thinking of buy a brt Tis?

I was wondering if people who had them could give me some advice since ztrack is gone i'm hoping to get some answers here. So here goes,

1. Is it really worth the 200-300 dollars reason i'm thinking of getting one is due to rpm fluctuation when its hot out.
2. Should i get the non programmable or or programmable i'm not mechanically inclined at all so honestly i wouldn't know what i'm doing with the remote. (but doesn't mean i can't get help on here)
3. Is it just plug an play or am i going to have my bike tuned?
4. Which is map 1, and which is map 2 (on or off)
5. Will map 2 run 91 octane?
6. Is there any chance of engine damage iv'e read people saying map 2 can do damage without the right type of fuel.

So there's what i have i'll probably think of more but that's it for now
kittyslasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #2
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyslasher View Post
I was wondering if people who had them could give me some advice since ztrack is gone i'm hoping to get some answers here. So here goes,

1. Is it really worth the 200-300 dollars reason i'm thinking of getting one is due to rpm fluctuation when its hot out. Yeah, i didn't have RPM issue and still thought it was worth it
2. Should i get the non programmable or or programmable i'm not mechanically inclined at all so honestly i wouldn't know what i'm doing with the remote. (but doesn't mean i can't get help on here) I got programmable, i like it, if you just want to set it and forget it, get non programmable and be happy with it.
3. Is it just plug an play or am i going to have my bike tuned? Non programmable is about as plug and play as you can get
4. Which is map 1, and which is map 2 (on or off) Its some where on the board, use search function i can't remember, i have programmable, since i have no interest in running an econo map i simply set the off map to what i wanted as that is what it will always stay on and did not bother with cheap switch.
5. Will map 2 run 91 octane? the more aggressive map is suggested for higher octane, i believe i have heard of people using 91, or just spring 20cents a gallon for 93 (80 cents/fill up) and have peace of mind
6. Is there any chance of engine damage iv'e read people saying map 2 can do damage without the right type of fuel. if you are running the non programmable brt and using mid to high grade octane i think you would be fine. If you have programmable and don't know what you are doing and set the advance to high you could do damage

My comments are in bold, I think that should answer most your questions

or you could shop around for another stock box might be someone willing to sell one. I have mine, not sure if i want to sell it though. I have no plans on ever using it again but not sure if it is something i just want to keep around.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #3
kittyslasher
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
My comments are in bold, I think that should answer most your questions

or you could shop around for another stock box might be someone willing to sell one. I have mine, not sure if i want to sell it though. I have no plans on ever using it again but not sure if it is something i just want to keep around.

Only reason I asked about 91 is because I cant find 93 here and if your willing to sell I would buy it from ya thanks for the info

Old July 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM   #4
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

BRT is worth it..

Just think, 2007 and older 250's are 42deg advance. Dont they all say there using 87 octance.?

35deg to 42 is something you can really feel
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 03:31 PM   #5
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
BRT is worth it..

Just think, 2007 and older 250's are 42deg advance. Dont they all say there using 87 octance.?

35deg to 42 is something you can really feel
Kerry, when did you get a ZRX1200R? Also, where the hell ya been?

Old July 1st, 2013, 04:11 PM   #6
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

I'm just wondering why this is the only aftermarket cdi out there for the new gen ninja. since they are they can jack the ****ing price up as high as they want. $300 is ****ing rediculous for what it is.
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 04:34 PM   #7
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

So I found the cheetah power one, just not sure which one is the one for the ninja 250. but their prices are a whole lot cheaper. between $50 and $140. http://www.cheetah-power.com/

just have to translate page to read it and took me a while to find the exchange rate for the indonesian rupiah
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 05:28 PM   #8
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyslasher View Post

1. Is it really worth the 200-300 dollars reason i'm thinking of getting one is due to rpm fluctuation when its hot out.
2. Should i get the non programmable or or programmable i'm not mechanically inclined at all so honestly i wouldn't know what i'm doing with the remote. (but doesn't mean i can't get help on here)
3. Is it just plug an play or am i going to have my bike tuned?
4. Which is map 1, and which is map 2 (on or off)
5. Will map 2 run 91 octane?
6. Is there any chance of engine damage iv'e read people saying map 2 can do damage without the right type of fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
I'm just wondering why this is the only aftermarket cdi out there for the new gen ninja. since they are they can jack the ****ing price up as high as they want. $300 is ****ing rediculous for what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
....So I found the cheetah power one, just not sure which one is the one for the ninja 250. but their prices are a whole lot cheaper. between $50 and $140. http://www.cheetah-power.com/

Have you all talked to samw? He is the U.S. Distributor for Sportisi and seller of the BRT i-DTIS.

One problem you may run into with the Cheetah Power CDI-CPN250 is U.S. support if you run into a problem with warranty or operating issues. Ordering and shipping hassles may not be worth the savings if your looking to go cheap. $200 is not a bad price IMO.
Just my 2 cent.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 07:07 PM   #9
kittyslasher
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Have you all talked to samw? He is the U.S. Distributor for Sportisi and seller of the BRT i-DTIS.

One problem you may run into with the Cheetah Power CDI-CPN250 is U.S. support if you run into a problem with warranty or operating issues. Ordering and shipping hassles may not be worth the savings if your looking to go cheap. $200 is not a bad price IMO.
Just my 2 cent.
I have spoken to him a little bit hes always busy and only wants to chat through email so haven't had time to fully figure everything out haha