ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 30th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1
vmax
ninjette.org member

Name: max

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Is this normal after jetkit install

Hi all,

Short story. After installing FP jetkit needles, my bike running just great, but when I pull the spark plug, I notice the right is rich (black) and left side is lean (llittle white). I set the screw mixture equal 2,5. I am looking the answer over internet but cannot find my answer. So my question is...."Is this normal after replace stock needles with jetkit needles (whatever brand is)?". Cause this needles from what I am reading always set both secrew mixture equal (different with stock needles).
This is what I do after installing kit :
- Sync carb
- New spark plug

Appreciated your info
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #2
tubarney
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010 SE

Check to make sure the boot at the top of the carb is not pinched and is installed properly.
tubarney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 07:35 AM   #3
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax View Post
Hi all,

Short story. After installing FP jetkit needles, my bike running just great, but when I pull the spark plug, I notice the right is rich (black) and left side is lean (llittle white). I set the screw mixture equal 2,5. I am looking the answer over internet but cannot find my answer. So my question is...."Is this normal after replace stock needles with jetkit needles (whatever brand is)?". Cause this needles from what I am reading always set both secrew mixture equal (different with stock needles).
This is what I do after installing kit :
- Sync carb
- New spark plug

Appreciated your info
Are the plugs new or were they installed previously?
How are you inspecting them?
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 09:31 PM   #4
vmax
ninjette.org member

Name: max

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

First I clean the old spark plug the I ride my bike for a few days, then I pulled spark plug to see the colour, and I find the ride side is black (rich). Now I used new spark plug and ride side still rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Are the plugs new or were they installed previously?
How are you inspecting them?
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:44 AM   #5
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax View Post
First I clean the old spark plug the I ride my bike for a few days, then I pulled spark plug to see the colour, and I find the ride side is black (rich). Now I used new spark plug and ride side still rich.
The new needles you put in, mainly affect 1/4-3/4 throttle openings. If the bike runs great, you probably don't have a major problem. Normal spark plug color has a wide range.
If you haven't already, you may want to check for air leaks and synch the carbs.

Are you just looking at the tips of the plug or are you doing a proper plug chop?
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:51 AM   #6
Jred
ninjette.org member

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): Several

Could be an air leak - spray wd 40 near the boots and air box and see if there is any change.
Jred is offline   Reply With Quote