ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old November 16th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #201
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

John, the info is in the facebook group, but I can't get it to cooperate right now - I think facebook is having issues:
Quote:
Hospital: Baylor Institute For Rehab
Address: 909 N. Washington Ave. Dallas, TX. 75246. Phone: ... (read more)

Old November 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #202
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Quote:
he said yes earlier today and then said f--- later in the day during therapy. that's a good sign...
Jon it is a good day and a great thing you have a positive outlook (YES!!)and an ATTITUDE (F***)!!!
This will keep you healing thanks for Posting Noche!!

WOOT!

Old November 17th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #203
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
John, the info is in the facebook group, but I can't get it to cooperate right now - I think facebook is having issues:
Hey Kim, whenever its up, please post them. My work place blocks out facebook/myspace/etc..bummer.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #204
noche_caliente

Quote:
Address: 909 N. Washington Ave. Dallas, TX. 75246. Phone: (214) 820-9300
Room: 307-2

TBI Rehab Schedule:

9:30 - 10:00am= physical therapy treatment
10:30 - 11:00am= speech therapy treatment
11:00 - 11:30am= occupational therapy treatment
11:30 - 12:00pm= neuropsych therapy treatment
2:00 - 2:30pm= physical therapy treatment
3:00 - 3:30pm= occupational therapy tech (read less)

Old November 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #205
noche_caliente

Quote:
11/17:
11:30am - Jon is trying to be more vocal: he keeps repeating "Home" and can distinctly say "Yes" and "No" now when you ask him questions. When he was with the speech psychologist, she asked him what his name was. He said "Jon Broom" without hesitation and when she asked who was sitting next to him, he said "Lori". He is also gradually spilling out curse words and gibberish which is normal for recovering TBI patients in this stage.

He is experiencing pain and expressing it when he is moved from his bed or wheelchair and when they exercise him in therapy. We will have a conference meeting with Jon's doctor and therapists tomorrow to go over his progress, complications and next steps.

via: Penny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Broom
jon is doing great. he said his name, jon broom,then she asked who i was and he said lori! this is a blessed day if i ever have seen one. thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine
Potty Mouth!!! I told Ayden last night about your first two words. He made a face of "you're in trouble" when I told him about your expletive but then giggled and laughed and laughed after. He was so amused. Then he asked if your nurses were going to put hot sauce in your mouth. teehee. After today it looks like Ayden ...is going to be doing a lot of "ommmm, Daddy said a bad word!". Looking forward to it!!! It was nice to hear your voice and feel your breath last night. You're moving at the speed of light now!Read More

Old November 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #206
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

This is just getting better and better. Keep healin jon...prayers sent your way

Old November 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #207
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Thumbs up

Did a repeat of last Sunday--must be working--will keep it up. My sister is a speech pathologist and I told her what was in your report. Her reply "F-----g Great!" Thought you needed to hear that. Will keep sending prayers and good vibes your way. Alex
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #208
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
Address: 909 N. Washington Ave. Dallas, TX. 75246. Phone: (214) 820-9300
Room: 307-2

TBI Rehab Schedule:

9:30 - 10:00am= physical therapy treatment
10:30 - 11:00am= speech therapy treatment
11:00 - 11:30am= occupational therapy treatment
11:30 - 12:00pm= neuropsych therapy treatment
2:00 - 2:30pm= physical therapy treatment
3:00 - 3:30pm= occupational therapy tech (read less)
That has got to have Jon ready for a nap at the end of the day. What a schedule.

This just keeps getting better and better - got to believe that Alex's prayer chain is working here folks. Keep it up

Old November 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #209
OldGuy
Live Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Did a repeat of last Sunday--must be working--will keep it up. My sister is a speech pathologist and I told her what was in your report. Her reply "F-----g Great!" Thought you needed to hear that. Will keep sending prayers and good vibes your way. Alex
"F-----g Great!" must be an official term used in speech therapy

What great news.

Old November 17th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #210
Sailariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
"F-----g Great!" must be an official term used in speech therapy

What great news.
My older sister was never much on words---always very clear. She has been retired for quite some time. I heard that she was damn good at her craft. To give you a picture of where she is at, Her pride and joy is a 66 GT-350.

Old November 17th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #211
OldGuy
Live Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
My older sister was never much on words---always very clear. She has been retired for quite some time. I heard that she was damn good at her craft. To give you a picture of where she is at, Her pride and joy is a 66 GT-350.
Sounds like she would fit right in with this crowd Alex.

Old November 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #212
sofo
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I am really, really happy to see that Jon is starting to communicate. Good news for sure.
sofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #213
zartan

after a 14 hour work day what a treat to read

Old November 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #214
danknation
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

11/18:
11:30am - Jon, Lori and I joined a group of other patients for some music therapy in rehab this morning. We all had instruments to play and sang along to "Deep in the Heart of Texas" and "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore" with different variations on the lyrics. When asked for volunteers on lines for the song, Lori suggested "We are all blessed today".

When Jon returned to his room for lunch and rest, his former coworker and friend James from TIGI came to visit. Jon was dozing off and sleepy after his morning therapy and seemed worn out. The doctors/patient conference with us was scheduled for 12:30 today. Lori recorded it so that I can update the details later once I return in the evening.

I particularly like this bottom one:

Lori Broom: jon got botox today in his arms and neck. takes about 2 weeks to work. he will have surgerey on his ankles friday and will have cast on both legs. this is good, it helps them to learn to walk. again, what a beautiful day we are so blessed.3 minutes ago

Lori Broom good: morning my son. today is a beautiful day. haven't seen you yet, your in therapy. we have a conference today with the team of dr. carlile to discuss what comes next. i love you jon jon!
danknation is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #215
danknation
ninjette.org member

More from yesterday:

6:00pm - Jon had several visitors this evening: family, coworkers and even a racing acquaintance were all with him at the same time. He was receiving a humid treatment through a mask that helps moisturize his mouth since he has been accumulating a lot of bacteria and dryness. He was very active, kicking his leg as usual and moving his right arm. We noticed him moving his left arm a little more today, even though it's still clenched up to his chest. He had received a Botox treatment to his neck and arms around 2:00pm to help relieve the spasticity. We should see gradual results within 2 weeks from now.

The details of Jon's doctor conference today: they gave him Botox. He will get surgery on both of his ankles this Friday which will prepared them to be put in casts. The surgery and the casts will help Jon walk and stand up when he starts this part of rehab. Dr. Carlisle said he is making slow, but gradual progress and she is happy with his path so far.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 03:25 PM   #216
Flow
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R/'10 ZX6R/'02 YZ125/'06 DRZ125L/'05 Blaster

11/20:

2:00pm - Jon was in his wheelchair and alert when I came to visit. He had a gentle smile on his face and a loving, calm look in his eyes. The physical therapists came to do his daily routine of "standing up". They put him on a special table with restraints and a foot stand that mechanically tilted up. They gradually got Jon up to a 70 degree angle and held it for about 5-10 minutes. This process helps his body get used to being vertical again and encourages the natural body circulation and muscle retention. The therapist told Jon about his upcoming ankle surgery on Monday and told him the first two days may be painful, but they will be giving him medicine and let him have a couple of days off from physical therapy.

Jon received a MRI this morning to determine if they can remove his neck brace or not just yet. Jon's next appointment was with the occupational therapists when I left.

7:00pm - Jon has been more calm than usual and in a good "mood" all day. I noticed he had more emotion in his eyes: they were wide and big with alot of love and adoration for his mother and I. They looked curious and innocent. He would just stare with his eyes. He didn't say any words for me tonight although he was moving his mouth and giving us a small smile. He looked very good; his skin was fresh and not sweaty as usual. I laid next to him and watched tv with Lori. She said that he moved his left leg a little bit for the first time today in physical therapy. He also has started moving his head a little more to the right (it had been to the left side most of the time). His body is responding better and adjusting to his routine therapy. He is doing great.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2009, 04:54 PM   #217
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

keep up the good work jon

Old November 22nd, 2009, 08:05 PM   #218
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

keep it going Jon!
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2009, 08:24 PM   #219
Sailariel

Looks like some serious progress here. Heard about a monastery in Missouri which has prayers going 24/7. I`m going to check them out and see if I can get Jon on their agenda. Looks like a good deal to me--will still keep our congregation praying. I figure it should do some good. I always liked a real blitz. I am really not some religious fanatic--but when I had cancer, a lot of people prayed for me. I have been cancer free for five years and am convinced it was all these people sending prayers. I will definitely continue to launch a "prayer blitz". I believe we will see results. I just can`t stand by--got to do something---and this seems to be a good way as any. I do believe in prayer. Hang in there Jon.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 08:35 PM   #220
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

Alex that sounds like a really good idea. We feel so helpless when the only thing we can do is send our thoughts and prayers.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 08:48 PM   #221
Sailariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven View Post
Alex that sounds like a really good idea. We feel so helpless when the only thing we can do is send our thoughts and prayers.
Lil One, I know where you are at, and it is a sort of helpless feeling. I do believe in prayer--so that`s where I am putting my emphasis. I do feel a certain kinship to Jon because in my younger years I raced sports cars with great sucess and was cognicant that euphoria can change to disaster in the blink of an eye. I really want to see Jon get through this.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:49 AM   #222
Flow
ninjette.org guru

11/22:

4:00pm - Jon still has a temperature sitting around 101-103. His latest x-ray shows that his right lung is partially working-it is not inflating 100% when he breathes. When they weighed him this afternoon, it was 127 lbs when his last reading was around 133 lbs, His ankle surgery that was scheduled for tomorrow is currently postponed until further notice until he is more medically stable. He is still on antibiotics and pain medication. Jon has been vocalizing more today in a clear voice: most of it is word salad but sometimes he says full words and phrases. When Lori asked if he was hurting or in pain, he said "a little bit". He also has been moaning and yelling out. This is probably due to his pain, confusion and brain injury, however this is considered normal. His parents got him small Nerf footballs to hold on to. He's been reaching for them with his hands when they ask him to. They've exchanged out his collar with a soft collar and he is relaxed and resting at the moment.

Old November 24th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #223
Flow
ninjette.org guru

11/23:

11:00am - Lori said they are going to go ahead with Jon's ankle surgery this morning. He will be back at Baylor Rehab this evening. More updates later.

6:00pm - Jon's surgery was a success and he now has two casts on both of his lower legs. He is asleep from the medication and his vital signs were stable.

Old November 24th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #224
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

11/24:
12:00pm - Jon was very alert and talkative today. He would answer "Yeah" to questions like "are you feeling ok today?", said "Tuesday" when Lori asked him if he remembered what today was, asked me "How long?" (assuming he was asking about how long he was out in a coma/how long he's been in the hospital/how much longer will he be there) said "Outside" when we were talking about the fall weather and said "Love ya" when I told him I loved him. When I asked him to grab for my hand, he lifted up his right hand and pushed his fingers in between mine. I told him I had to go back to work and he said "Ok". He still speaks phrases that are jumbled or doesn't make sense, but he is making fast progress on communicating what he feels, wants and thinks.

NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #225
Rick
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): Ducati

This is Rick Cook. Please give me a call me 214-384-7950
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #226
Snake

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
This is Rick Cook. Please give me a call me 214-xxx-xxxx
If the person you want to call you is a member you might want to send them a private message with your # and delete it from this post. When you put it out like that there is no telling who might call you. Just a suggestion.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #227
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
This is Rick Cook. Please give me a call me 214-xxx-xxxx
Hi Rick. Who are you asking to call you?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #228
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

I was sitting at the DFW airport today wondering how far it was to visit Jon. Im visiting some friends at UT and A&M for the week.

Sounds like he is making great progress. Everyone is pulling for you buddy, and you are surpassing our expectations for recovery.
Posted via Mobile Device
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #229
noche_caliente

Quote:
jon is great today. he is talking alot. getting better everyday, thankful for bir and dr. carlile
Quote:
11/25: 4:00pm - Lori gave me updates of Jon's second doctor/family conference from this morning. They will take Jon off insulin; he no longer needs it. Everything in his neck area is good. Everyone is pleased with his health and verbal progress. Sometime next week, they will start putting gradual casts on his arms which will aid in their flexibility and spasticity. The jumbled words/phrases which Jon has been saying the past few days are actually real words-they are just muffled from his mouth being out of exercise for so long. They will encourage Jon to open up his mouth more when he is talking so he can form his words more clearly. He is handling the extensive therapy well and resting at the moment. via: Penny

Old November 25th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #230
danknation
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
I was sitting at the DFW airport today wondering how far it was to visit Jon. Im visiting some friends at UT and A&M for the week.

Sounds like he is making great progress. Everyone is pulling for you buddy, and you are surpassing our expectations for recovery.
Posted via Mobile Device
30ish minutes from anywhere in the DFW. PM me your address and I can give you street by street directions.

Old November 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #231
Flow
ninjette.org guru

11/26:

12:00pm - My parents came into town and we visited Jon and his family. He was getting lifted in his wheelchair so that we could take him outside for a little bit. He was talking to us and seemed to enjoy the sun on his skin. He had a blanket to keep him warm from the cool breeze. He even "bumped" knuckles with his younger brother Dusty. We took him around to see the aquarium fish in the rehab room and he seemed to enjoy his time with all of us.

I'm hoping he'll make a full recovery, he doesn't exactly seem like an inactive type of guy. I can't imagine that kind of thing happening.

Old November 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #232
Snake

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
We all are hoping for a full recovery for Jon.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #233
Sailariel

We are definitely seeing progress. What impresses me is that he is oriented--recognizes family members, knows what day it is, etc. This is really great news! His progress has been amazing. Will keep the prayers coming.

Old November 27th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #234
noche_caliente

Quote:
11/27:
3:00pm - Jon received a x-ray on his shoulders this afternoon and he has been sleepy most of the day. All vital signs are normal and he has responded well to therapists today.

Old November 28th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #235
Sailariel

I am very encouraged by Jon`s progress. This past week has marked a whole series of gains. Tomorrow is Sunday--will do another "barrage" of prayer. Let`s keep this trend going. Before you know it, Jon will be out of the woods. Just dealing with some very accurate second hand information---it sounds like we are through the worst of it, Barring complications, we should see some steady--possibly slow, progress.

Old November 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #236
noche_caliente

Quote:
jon is doing good today. it 3 months today since the accident. he is recoverying a little slow but they are happy with the progress he is making. i think he will start progressing faster soon. glad zac is back in the room. he looks good.
Quote:
i keep meaning to let ya'll know if you are from out of town and want to visit you are more then welcome to stay at jon's house over nite. i know some of us have a long drive to dallas so feel welcome to talk to me and spend the night.
Quote:
hey. jon is a bit restless tonight but doing okay. nadine is bringing ayden up tomorrow evening. kinda concerned on reactions since jon is talking and mumbling alot. if you plan on visiting please try to come during the day so we can introduce this to ayden. thanks everyone. talk to you soon...

Old November 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #237
zartan

11/28:
9:00am- Jon had just woken up and said "good morning" when I greeted him. I asked him if he knew who I was to which he replied "PennyKim". This is the first time he's been able to say my name clearly, and his nickname for me no less. He was dozing off and on most of the early morning and protested when I changed his Saturday morning cartoons on the tv.
via penny

Old November 29th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #238
Flow
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
11/28:
9:00am- Jon had just woken up and said "good morning" when I greeted him. I asked him if he knew who I was to which he replied "PennyKim". This is the first time he's been able to say my name clearly, and his nickname for me no less. He was dozing off and on most of the early morning and protested when I changed his Saturday morning cartoons on the tv.
via penny
Got my smile of the day. But who can blame him? You never turn off a man's Saturday morning cartoons. You just don't.

Old November 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #239
NorCal_250R
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 650R, 08 Ninja 250R, 00 Aprilia SR50 (dead)

I have been cautiously optimistic about his recovery, but this news is just amazing. I am so happy for Jon and everyone else close to him...when he has recovered we would love to get some video updates from him...
NorCal_250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #240
Sailariel

Speech coming back and getting clearer is wonderful--we are seeing some real progress.