ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old June 10th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #1
JWarren
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250r

Months of Disaster Finally Relenting - First Ride

I have been somewhat of a lurker these past four months since I first discovered this wonderful forum full of helpful tricks and resources. The reasoning for this is, well, I have a pre-gen Ninjette but it has not been able to be ridden. I purchased the bike in January (my first bike) on a warm 65 degree Nebraska day. Since I did not have my license at this time my friend was to come and pick up the Ninjette with his truck and store it in his garage until I got the MSF course/licensing/etc. Well being Nebraska, the one night that my Ninjette was left uncovered to the elements...I woke up to a foot and a half of snow and 14 degree weather (remember just 12 hours prior it was 65 and sunny). When my friend arrived the next day, the bike did not start (completely dead - battery suspected). We decided it would be a problem that would be rendered in two weeks after my MSF course. A week after getting home, my friend got into an accident and the keys to my Ninjette were ejected from the vehicle never to be found again (Problem #2).

Fast forward three months and everything was finally sorted out (New Keys made, changed oil, batter, spark plugs, cleaned carbs, tweaked some things here and there). I had ridden numerous times throughout the neighborhood between tweaks to get it running but I had yet to venture out onto the somewhat busy Omaha roads. Today was the day in which I put all of my MSF/Neighborhood training to use and took a 15 mile trek across town from my friend's garage to my garage at my place. I am not going to lie the first time doing the Ricky Bobby "Im going fast...Im going over 25 MPH" feeling was nerve wracking, but after the first turn was under my belt I was comfortable. I made it home without any problems at all, aside from the driver in a truck that blew a stop sign. Here is to many more ventures outside of the neighborhood while Nebraska has our short window of nice weather between 20 degrees and snow and 105 degrees and humid!

- Pictures of the ride will be added later - Video of her starting after sitting for four months also exists...beautiful moment!
JWarren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Congrats on the first ride!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote