ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Notices

Old December 20th, 2017, 05:56 AM   #121
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

Name: Tiago

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Triumph Speed Triple

Up for sale are my Woodcraft clip ons. I used them and decided I wanted a more aggressive generic clip on for this build.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WOODCRAFT-R...T/192404023580

Old February 28th, 2018, 06:10 PM   #122
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

So after much time off, and finally bring the bike back from the corner of the garage, the weather seems to be improving to do some of the painting finally.

I built a small under seat pan, rudimentary just to hide the wiring between the seat and the sheet metal itself.

And finally started priming the the metal work for paint. Keep in mind it will all be done by me, as well as I can with spray can. Wet sanding every step and hoping to pull a gloss of what I have on hand. Again as my friend says "its for riding, so dont stress the paint"

Picked up some jetting stuff, 110 and 112 mains, and #40 pilots to help with the colder weather and now pod filter. Im going to need some help there, but will send that over to the jetting section

Old February 28th, 2018, 06:34 PM   #123
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPelican View Post
So after much time off, and finally bring the bike back from the corner of the garage, the weather seems to be improving to do some of the painting finally.

I built a small under seat pan, rudimentary just to hide the wiring between the seat and the sheet metal itself.

And finally started priming the the metal work for paint. Keep in mind it will all be done by me, as well as I can with spray can. Wet sanding every step and hoping to pull a gloss of what I have on hand. Again as my friend says "its for riding, so dont stress the paint"

If you're going PODs think UNI.

Bill

Picked up some jetting stuff, 110 and 112 mains, and #40 pilots to help with the colder weather and now pod filter. Im going to need some help there, but will send that over to the jetting section

Old February 28th, 2018, 06:45 PM   #124
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

I had already install the K&N one. It is running lean right now but its with no exhaust. Im going to see how she sits once the mufflers are on there.

Old February 28th, 2018, 06:54 PM   #125
Ram Jet

Quote:
I had already install the K&N one. It is running lean right now but its with no exhaust. Im going to see how she sits once the mufflers are on there.

She looks like she means business!!!! Has anyone thought of mixing micro balloons and 3M body putty and filling that area where the upper fairing used to fit on the gas tank? That's what I would do and it would be really easy. You could then cut off that tab on the bottom of the tank. Just a thought. I like my upper fairing so that's out for me.

Bill

Old February 28th, 2018, 07:03 PM   #126
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
She looks like she means business!!!! Has anyone thought of mixing micro balloons and 3M body putty and filling that area where the upper fairing used to fit on the gas tank? That's what I would do and it would be really easy. You could then cut off that tab on the bottom of the tank. Just a thought. I like my upper fairing so that's out for me.

Bill
HAHA the goal of the build is to make it look meaner than she is. The primer is now painted with the first coats of Navy blue. The grey was more of a purple dark gray and I hated the clash with the brown seat. Once the paint is all done Ill post it. As for the fairing section, the kit comes with a black metal cover for it. Doesnt bother me either way. You can kind of see it here. Ill see how I feel about it when its time to finish it

Old February 28th, 2018, 09:29 PM   #127
Ram Jet

Quote:
HAHA the goal of the build is to make it look meaner than she is. The primer is now painted with the first coats of Navy blue. The grey was more of a purple dark gray and I hated the clash with the brown seat. Once the paint is all done Ill post it. As for the fairing section, the kit comes with a black metal cover for it. Doesnt bother me either way. You can kind of see it here. Ill see how I feel about it when its time to finish it

Very cool. I wondered why someone didn't make a bolt on piece for the gas tank. Those mufflers look like the old Dunstall mufflers used on British twins of the 70's. Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the finished photos. Good work.

Bill

Old March 1st, 2018, 05:37 AM   #128
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
Very cool. I wondered why someone didn't make a bolt on piece for the gas tank. Those mufflers look like the old Dunstall mufflers used on British twins of the 70's. Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the finished photos. Good work.

Bill
Theyre more or less along the same style as the newer thruxton's mufflers. Id prefer something more aggressive but I actually do like them. It fits the theme better than the muzzy that was on there before, and Im all for aggressive exhausts, you should hear my Speed Triple...pops and gurgles for days

Old March 30th, 2018, 11:56 AM   #129
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

So finally got some good weather, which means I could finally paint the body work. Just need to wetsand it and polish it. While it was rattle canned I am really surprised how well it came out considering my budget. Most of it was time spent sanding and sanding and priming and sanding.

I also managed to solve my batter tray and wiring issues. Ordered an affordable lithium battery and made a simple platform using a strip of sheetmetal angle. The battery only weighs about 1.5 lbs so its more than enough to support the battery. And I can tuck it in the tail fairing.

As for all the wiring I made the sheet metal pan and positioned everything in between the seat and said pan.

Old April 12th, 2018, 03:53 PM   #130
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

Paint is finished and polished and I couldnt be happier with how it came out especially considering its a rattle can job. Bike is finished minus the new gauges I got for it. 2.5 inch speedo and tach in all black to tuck by the headlight and generic bar end mirrors to complement the brown biltwell grips

Old April 13th, 2018, 05:34 AM   #131
t-cab12
Needs a riding buddy.

Name: Taylor

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 1986 Honda Elite 80

wow! Super impressive. Thank you for all the pics and details!

Old April 14th, 2018, 09:42 PM   #132
MillerTime
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): CharlesdiubsOB

Looking good! And man, that is a small battery!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote