Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old November 19th, 2015, 02:22 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - JG Speedfit Kawasaki sign Hickman for BSB 2016

Peter Hickman in his new BSB garage.

PETER Hickman has been signed by the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team alongside James Ellison to compete in the 2016 British Superbike Championship on the new ZX-10R Ninja.

The Louth-based rider has will be competing for the 2016 British Superbike title with the JG Speedfit team after a strong campaign in 2015 saw him claim three podium finishes and equal his best position of ninth place in the overall standings.

Hickman said: 'I am really excited to be joining the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team, especially as we have the new ZX-10R to be let loose on and it looks like a real weapon!

'I am really looking forward to this new challenge and to be part of the official Kawasaki team in BSB for me is like a dream come true - I can't wait to get started. For sure this is the biggest opportunity I have ever had in the championship and I am ready to do the best job I possibly can for myself and the team.

Speaking at the first test in Aragon, Hickman explained: "It has been a really good day and it was great to get back out on track. Today was all about just getting used to the Kawasaki, and initially about learning the track as I have never been to Aragon before.

'I did about 40 laps today and I instantly felt really comfrotable on the bike. We have a good idea on a starting point now and I can't wait until we are back on track again at Jerez!'

The 28-year-old also had a great season on the roads in 2015 after becoming the eighth fastest rider in Isle of Man TT history along with taking his first victory at the Ulster Grand Prix three months ago.

As a result, Hickman and the JG Speedfit Team are set to compete at the three main international road races in 2016 - the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix - on factory supported GBmoto ZX-10R Kawasaki's in the Superstock and Superbike races.

Related Content

Hickman kicked from Kawasaki BSB
Hickman withdraws from NW200 due to injury
BSB 2014: Championship standings after Snetterton
BSB 2014: Championship standings after Knockhill
BSB 2014: Championship standings after Oulton Park

Click here for full story...