ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Gear-related

Notices

Old January 8th, 2019, 01:07 AM   #1
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

New Alpinestars Tech Air Race Airbag Vest

SOLD

Last futzed with by Mechanikrazy; January 28th, 2019 at 11:11 AM.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2019, 12:06 AM   #2
derryj
ninjette.org newbie

Name: mikey

Motorcycle(s): yamaha r1

Can you explain me more about the tech specification of the product that you are talking about !! I also want to make a new gear selector.
derryj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2019, 07:25 AM   #3
headrx
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 87 Ninja 250r

hey just wondering, how did you like this product ? Did you ever hit the ground with it ? I know its already sold, but i was just wondering the thoughts on it. Thanks !
headrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 16th, 2019, 12:08 AM   #4
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

I sold it without ever using it. I use a Dainese D-Air suit. Some thoughts I've posted before:

The TechAir airbag vest has more coverage than any of the Dainese Misano (mostly collarbone), Misano 2D (extends over upper chest), and Mugello (includes side airbag). Supposedly, the same size works, but I think you'll probably want to go up one size in the suit as the vest is fairly bulky. All of the electronics are packaged in a hard shell back protector for the vest that is maybe almost double the thickness of my regular L2 back protector. The biggest issue with the TechAir is that it's a bit cumbersome if you like to walk around off-track with the top half of your leathers hanging loose because the rigid back protector keeps the shape of the upper half.

I also have the Hit-Air and it is a good option. I still think either of the TechAir or D-Air is a better option though since they are independent of the bike. The Hit-Air takes about 60 pounds of force to set off, so you just get tugged backwards if you get off the bike without unclipping. It is an extra hassle though to have to put it on, clip, and unclip each time. If you're hopping between bikes, setting up the tether each time is also an additional step.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote