ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old December 19th, 2018, 01:40 PM   #1
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Petcock Rebuild?

I recently replaced my petcock with a new OEM unit and figured I would clean up and rebuild my old one as a little inexpensive project & to have a spare.

I ordered one of the parts and when I went to store them with the old unit I found the screens were badly damaged. Apparently I must have manhandled them at some point after removal.

From what I've seen, there is no part number listed for them, not to mention it doesn't look like they were made to be replaced. My question is should I remove what's left of them, rebuild the unit and use it without the screens?

My tank is squeaky clean so I can't imagine the petcock getting clogged up (and I have a fuel filter after the tank to ensure the carbs get clean fuel).

Not sure if I should order the remaining parts for a rebuild, or toss it out. Thought/opinions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0693.jpg (84.0 KB, 5 views)

Old December 19th, 2018, 03:22 PM   #2
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
IMHO.....for 8 or 9 bucks on ebay are the non-vacuum type cheapos with screens, good enough for an emergency spare. (note they should be turned to OFF for overnight or extended parking)

Up to you to keep your oldie for parts (just in case)
Note new OEM petcocks are around $75...a spare part from the oldie may just salvage and save that in the future.
ducatiman is online now   Reply With Quote