ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 13th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #41
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): EX250J

This thread is dildos

I know plenty of kids like that. They're the ones that want to be treated like adults so they act like (responsible) adults.

Word of advice KJ, don't grow up so fast, you miss out on a lot, ask me how I know.

Paulette, I meant if he HAS to park on campus to ride a bicycle or cage. I would still try to bend the rules. It's not about braking () the rules, it's about getting away with it
Liber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #42
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyTroop View Post
--im 17 jr in high school lol i didnt check my work--
Know what? Why not suck it up for a year and graduate. Or don't go to that private school. Honestly, one year goes fast, and unless you intend to withdraw from the school over this issue, then it's not worth arguing over.

Old June 13th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #43
GodlyTroop
GodlyTroop

Name: KJ

Motorcycle(s): None yet

im not arguing, im a little upset, but your right ill be ok i just have to wait, im not gon let this mess up my sr year
GodlyTroop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #44
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
It sounds to me like the parents are using the principal as a punching bag. they don't want you to get one so they say you have to get your principals permission which they know you won't get.

Old June 14th, 2011, 02:15 AM   #45
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Schools are usually involved in off campas things ONLY if they are ILLEGAL.
rusninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 04:20 AM   #46
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

I don't know where you all get this whole "what right do they have" attitude from. They have every right, and whether the school is public or private doesn't make a difference. It's a massive liability, especially if you're parking on school property. You hear about it every year. Some dumbass will take the new mustang daddy bought him, and wrap it around a pole with 4 friends in the car on school's lunch break. Now the school district gets to deal with a horde of angry parents throwing wrongful death lawsuits at them. The school I went to gave driving privileges on a case by case basis.
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #47
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
The school I went to gave driving privileges on a case by case basis.
That would not fly here in the mid-west even in the liberal mecca of Illinois.
Guess its a Cali thing.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #48
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Yeh I was about to say, we had wrecks on our parking lot all the time, and the administration never even hinted at removing driving privelages for anyone. In fact, at the new high school, they quadrupled the size of the parking lot.

One thing I always found funny was that people who rode scooters or mopeds to school always had to worry about their transportation being laid over and shoved under someone's pickup. No one messed with the motorcycles and, in fact, some of the riders partook in "removing" scooters and mopeds from sight.

That always made funny announcements: "Attention students, shoving mopeds and scooters underneath other peoples' vehicles in order to take a parking spot is strictly forbidden. We know who you are. Turn yourself in now and we will be lenient". I knew a couple of people doing it and nothing ever happened lol.

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #49
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

Quote:
Its not Catholic luckily lol
Yeah, not catholic, but I bet it's a "christian" school. My guess is that a catholic school wouldn't have a problem with the bike.
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #50
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

He's 17 in HIGH school....as in almost graduated.

If that pic was of a jr high (middle school) football player, I want to know what they are feeding that kid.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #51
speedgsx98
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 250 ninja 2002, 2008 ZX10-R

Dude, just get the bike. It's legal, and alert the local news that your principal has said that she won't let you ride it to school even if parking off property. It will be a good story. My wife works for the local cable station's channel. Also, my friend is a producer for a network news channel here in San Diego. I could mention this to him if you get the bike and she refuses to let you drive it to school.

Regardless, if you get one and show up on it and lock your helmet and jacket to the bike via a small cable lock...how would she even know?

Also, care to post the name of the school and principal online here so we can call her? I rode a 600 to school my sr. year of high school. Never crashed, no disturbances, etc. Actually, I was hoping for a little more attn than I got ;-)

If I knew then what I know now, I would have had a lot less respect for staff at my school. It's time to start getting disrespectful.

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #52
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
The school I went to gave driving privileges on a case by case basis.
WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
Guess its a Cali thing.
Not unless they changed allot. They had drivers ed classes, driving course with little cars. Was pretty funny..... Guess they wanted you driving your own cars, save gas on the busses??
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #53
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

When I was in high school, you signed up for a parking space. They gave you one based on seniority...e.g. Seniors got close up spaces, and everyone else had to park in the back. As far as what you drove....didnt matter.

There was a redneck school out in Cantonment, FL called Tate HS. Those guys used to drive John Deere tractors to school. No Joke.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #54
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Speaking of Catholic schools, both of my kids went/go to them. We were at a multi school event one day. My wife and I are talking to the vice principal of a school. Great conversation and come to find out we had a few mutual friends. Then he asks us "whered that motorcycle come from?". I politely said "its mine." What a surprised look on his face and he said no more about it. Maybe my sinister looking black and silver bike didn't fit in with my personality, lol.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #55
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgsx98 View Post
Dude, just get the bike. It's legal, and alert the local news that your principal has said that she won't let you ride it to school even if parking off property. It will be a good story. My wife works for the local cable station's channel. Also, my friend is a producer for a network news channel here in San Diego. I could mention this to him if you get the bike and she refuses to let you drive it to school.

Regardless, if you get one and show up on it and lock your helmet and jacket to the bike via a small cable lock...how would she even know?

Also, care to post the name of the school and principal online here so we can call her? I rode a 600 to school my sr. year of high school. Never crashed, no disturbances, etc. Actually, I was hoping for a little more attn than I got ;-)

If I knew then what I know now, I would have had a lot less respect for staff at my school. It's time to start getting disrespectful.
huh? legality and private rules are 2 very different things. The school has a right to dictate what is or isn't done on their property since they are a private entity, within the bounds of his Constitutional rights.

Regardless of whether one may agree or not, driving is not a right, it is a privelage. Therefore, the school or its controlling entity has the ultimate authority on this issue.

Hell, You can't even practice your 1st and 2nd ammendment rights in a lot of places without permission from PUBLIC organizations. That is a much more important issue than not being able to park a motorcycle in a PRIVATE parking lot.

Old June 14th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #56
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
I don't know where you all get this whole "what right do they have" attitude from. They have every right, and whether the school is public or private doesn't make a difference. It's a massive liability, especially if you're parking on school property. You hear about it every year. Some dumbass will take the new mustang daddy bought him, and wrap it around a pole with 4 friends in the car on school's lunch break. Now the school district gets to deal with a horde of angry parents throwing wrongful death lawsuits at them. The school I went to gave driving privileges on a case by case basis.
So why don't they go ahead and tell every parent that decided to buy their dumbass kid a mustang, honda, or a BMW that they are not allowed to anymore? Why is it that the kid that wants to ride a Motorcycle gets penalized cuz some other kid wrapped their mustang daddy bought him around a pole? wouldn't this be segregation?

Old June 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #57
speedgsx98
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 250 ninja 2002, 2008 ZX10-R

He was told he couldn't even drive it to school and park it off campus. That is over-reaching even if it is legal. All I'm saying is I've got media contacts and can possibly put pressure on the principal to allow him to ride the bike to school or suffer scrutiny, neg media covg, and protests by the biker community. I think the parents should get involved and stand up for their son on principal regardless whether they're enthusiastic or not about their son getting a motorcycle.

Old June 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #58
Ninja Assassin
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 two-fiddy (red)

Offer to take the old hag for a ride. Next thing you know we'll all see a headline on the news reading "LA Prvate School Principal Caught Sleeping With Student on Motorcycle"...
Ninja Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #59
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgsx98 View Post
He was told he couldn't even drive it to school and park it off campus. That is over-reaching even if it is legal. All I'm saying is I've got media contacts and can possibly put pressure on the principal to allow him to ride the bike to school or suffer scrutiny, neg media covg, and protests by the biker community. I think the parents should get involved and stand up for their son on principal regardless whether they're enthusiastic or not about their son getting a motorcycle.
And I would like to see her try to stop him for parking it off campus. Put the ball in her court.

I defend the school's right to say what can be parked in their lot. Beyond that, they have little say.

KJ, if you still want to do this, just drop it and don't bring it up again. In all likelihood she will forget about it. When you get the bike, just start parking it at a nearby friend's house and walk the rest of the way.

Problem solved

Old June 14th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #60
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

A lot of these opinions are true. There is nothing the principal can do, even being a private school. You have the right to the noisiest harley or hotrod at your school.

Some might not be happy, but its true =p

But to answer your question more: I'd go and professionally talk to the principal, not as a kid/teen, but in a professional manner. Just say "I am going to be driving a motorcycle to school soon, I understand students come to this private school for a reason and my intentions aren't to disturb anybody. Would you have any place for me to park?

Haha no, but my honest opinion: **** the principal and the school, your a teen with a bike and everyone will be jealous. But be safe man. Honestly, kids these days are all about showing off and they do not think.

Ride SAFE

Old June 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #61
money
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

OP: If you still want a bike then you should get one and spend your time riding it outside of school hours.

After a bit of time riding safely and responsibly, ask your parents to intervene with the principal so that you can ride it to school. They will have much more pull than you will, and the fact that you will already have been riding will defuse the principal's argument about your safety.

Old June 14th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #62
p4174w
nooblet

Name: P

Motorcycle(s): 1994 ex250

I have some real life experience with a situation like this. I went to private school for High School. There was a rule in the student handbook/agreement thing we all signed when we were enrolled. One rule was no motorcycles in the parking lot. It wasn’t a big deal to most people, but there were a couple guys in my class that rode. They simply parked off campus. That was not against the policy. The problem I have with your principal is this: I really think the she is overstepping her bounds by saying you can’t even do that. Add that to the fact that she said you have ‘bad character’ and she is way out of line here.
p4174w is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #63
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Tell her you want to be a motorcycle cop what character will you have. :P

Old June 14th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #64
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
A lot of these opinions are true. There is nothing the principal can do, even being a private school. You have the right to the noisiest harley or hotrod at your school.

Ride SAFE
I haven't read through all the posts however; I believe that private schools are on private property which tends to have private rules in accordance with their private charter. The headmaster might have an opinion which can only be changed by a board of directors.

Old June 14th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #65
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
Guess its a Cali thing.
I went to school in New York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I haven't read through all the posts however; I believe that private schools are on private property which tends to have private rules in accordance with their private charter. The headmaster might have an opinion which can only be changed by a board of directors.
The words public and private are causing too much confusion here. Public schools are on private property.

Old June 14th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #66
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

Quote:
--Update--So i went into talk to the principal today, she gave me a no from the very beginning she said she was worried about safety, she said she cant control who gets on the bike, i said it only has one seat and i have the key, what else,, she tried to act like my parent really, how its more dangerous and i realize that and im willing to take the risk. I even offered to park off campus and she still said no, how in the world does she have the right to say no to that i dont understand. can anybody offer any legal help, this is ridiculous!
Quote:
oh yeah and she said i had bad character for wanting a motorcycle, try to figure that one out
whip out your d!ck and just swing it across her face
she cant just say no, private or public
look up the schools policy on student vehicles and see if there is anything pertaining to motorcycles

as for parking off campus, i dont see how she has jurisdiction to not allow such acts

idk how it is for you school, but in the public school i went to, all i had to do was show up in the office with my registration, fill out parking paperwork and done, they gave me a parking permit and everything is peachy

i highly doubt the principle stamps approvals for every single vehicle parked in school grounds

just be forewarned, you will prolly go through alot of crap just to park on school property
and i wouldnt park outside or at a friends house
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #67
xDxSx34
ninjette cager

Name: Dom

Motorcycle(s): soon to be 250r

wtf kind of school do you go to?
xDxSx34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #68
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I've never heard of a school, private or public, that didn't decide what and/or who could park on school property. We had to get parking passes to park on school property and the pass request could be turned down because the car was blue.

Old June 15th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #69
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
I've never heard of a school, private or public, that didn't decide what and/or who could park on school property. We had to get parking passes to park on school property and the pass request could be turned down because the car was blue.
Ding ding ding

Old June 15th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #70
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
wait, you're profile says you're from Los Angeles, thats part of the United States...where the hell did your principle get the idea she has any say in what you operate? This isn't a freaking foreign country where teachers have a right to hit students or tell students what they are allowed to do. You made the wrong decision telling her in the first place. You just automatically gave her permission to have a voice in your and your parents decisions.

If I were you and just ride it to school and park in a legal spot. If she says anything i'd have my parents come in and put her in place.
I was paddled by principles in private schools many times as a kid. I'm about your age and my schools were all in the state Georgia in the USA.

Even the public schools had limited parking due to having far more students than they did when they were built many decades earlier. Only some students were allowed to drive to school because they only had parking space for a fraction of the students who would be driving. I'm not sure how they decided who could ride, but there very well could've been a review process where they could deny someone so that they wouldn't be responsible for allowing the bike on the grounds if there were an accident there.

Also, anyone under 18 without a GED or high-school diploma had to be enrolled in school to get a driver's license. They eventually changed the law to say that they also needed to have a taken high-school driving course. Theoretically, the school could decide if you allowed to drive ANYWHERE if you were under 18!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 04:07 AM   #71
RhinoJC
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Technically a school is responsible for the student from the time they leave the house to the time they return home. While they cannot dictate what the student does during the commute, they can be held legally liable. This is why you were told no even if you parked it off school grounds. Also keep in mind that this is a private school and you can be kicked out for almost anything, especially disobeying the principal.

While rare, this is one of those cases where you would have been better off asking for forgiveness than permission. If the school didn't have a policy against motorcycles and you were given a parking permit, they wouldn't have had much ground as far as discipline. But since you were specifically told no, you'd be screwed if you got caught.

Growing up in Illinois I can say for a fact that schools can and do dictate who drives to school and even what they drive. Not only are parking permits issued based on seniority, but academic standing as well. They can even deny a permit based on the type of vehicle, or revoke it for whatever reason. Exceptions may apply to rural areas.
RhinoJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 05:10 AM   #72
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I was paddled by principles in private schools many times as a kid.
You too huh? I'm only in my mid-20s and when I was growing up, the nuns would still whack your hands with a ruler if you were misbehaving. Good times.

It's actually still legal in a lot of states for teachers to use corporal punishment. However, I would like to see one try and not get fired. Knowing the difference between de facto and de jure is something too few people appreciate.

Old June 15th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #73
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liber View Post
You too huh? I'm only in my mid-20s and when I was growing up, the nuns would still whack your hands with a ruler if you were misbehaving. Good times.
I think that one is in the official nuns handbook- I'm 63 and still remember being whacked in this manner in the 4th grade.

Chris
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #74
kamikaze
ex-ninjette.org guru :o

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV1000 S

holy crap, there's no way in hell I'd let that principal push me around like that. She can't stop you from parking off campus. Since it's a private school, I assume your parents pay the tuition, to ask them to tell her to get ****ed. She seems like the type of person that's president of an HOA and loves making people do whatever she wants. I hate people like that.
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #75
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote