ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 7th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #1
YeeaaBoii
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Looking for Opinions on Arrow Exhaust

Hey guys,

I've done a bit of searching on this forum and other forums to look for an in depth review on the Arrow Street Thunder slip-on exhaust but haven't found much of anything. There's only like 2 videos on YouTube as well. If anyone has seen a good review on that particular exhaust somewhere else, please post the link and I'll read up. I could have sworn I read somewhere that someone said it was actually pretty quiet and they removed the baffle without it becoming outrageous. I'm kind of torn between ordering the Arrow or the Leo Vince GP Corsa slip-on. The only reason I'm considering the Arrow is because it doesn't seem as obnoxious sounding as pretty much every other slip-on there is. My reason for considering the Leo Vince is because the carbon-fiber can is $200 shipped to my door.

Here's the link: http://www.motostarz.com/street/exha...inja-250r.html

Anyone have any input on the quality or sound of the Arrow slip-on? Thanks!
YeeaaBoii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #2
krolinked
Nerd

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ducati Hyperstrada

I really like the look of the arrow exhaust!
First time i've seen it. I cant comment on the sound however, except that i hate loud things lol.

Old August 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #3
YeeaaBoii
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolinked View Post
I really like the look of the arrow exhaust!
First time i've seen it. I cant comment on the sound however, except that i hate loud things lol.
Haha yeah same here! I'd get it in black with the aluminum tip, you can see more pictures of it through Google images.

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #4
YeeaaBoii
ninjette.org member

No one?

Old August 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #5
YeeaaBoii
ninjette.org member

Damn, no one.

Old August 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #6
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Can't tell you much about the Arrow slip-on for the Ninja specifically, but Arrow is pretty well known and respected in the industry from what I've heard.

Not a new-comer or knock-off for sure.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

This is a useless post but in my head I lump Arrow, Akrapovic, and Leo Vince together as top tier exhausts.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #8
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
This is a useless post but in my head I lump Arrow, Akrapovic, and Leo Vince together as top tier exhausts.
That's accurate IMO - the part about top tier...
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #9
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
It's going to make noise.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Y not full exhaust?
AFM #676

Old August 15th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #11
YeeaaBoii
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Y not full exhaust?
Can't afford it. And yes, I want it to make noise. I just don't want it to make obnoxiously loud noise and read somewhere the tone it makes is only slightly louder than stock, which I would like. Add in that I can get it in black and it weighs only 4 pounds, I think it may be worth it.

Old August 15th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #12
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeeaaBoii View Post
Can't afford it. And yes, I want it to make noise. I just don't want it to make obnoxiously loud noise and read somewhere the tone it makes is only slightly louder than stock, which I would like. Add in that I can get it in black and it weighs only 4 pounds, I think it may be worth it.
Save up for it then!

I know what you mean though, it can be tiring lugging around that 10lb stock exhaust
AFM #676

Old September 16th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #13
YeeaaBoii
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Save up for it then!

I know what you mean though, it can be tiring lugging around that 10lb stock exhaust
I was finally able to save up enough to get the slip-on! Haha and I couldn't stand the 10lb weight of the stock can one more day!

I'll post up a video for you guys when it comes in. There's only like two videos of this exhaust I could find.

Old October 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #14
YeeaaBoii
ninjette.org member

I got it and just put it on! It sounds almost EXACTLY like the stock muffler. So much so that I was almost disappointed. The slightest bit deeper tone is noticeable at lower RPMs but unless you were told to listen for it you would never notice a difference. It's not loud at all compared to any other aftermarket exhaust, and I've heard a few different aftermarket exhaust cans on 250s in person. I owned a Danmoto exhaust before this one so I know what a loud exhaust sounds like. My Danmoto melted though and I had to go back to stock for a while. I am trying to figure out how to take out the baffle on the Arrow to liven it up a little bit, but there is some ridiculous ring that holds it in that needs a special tool to take out.

Overall it's a good quality exhaust even though it came with no instructions and there were a bunch of bolts and washers I didn't even use. It was easy enough to put it on though without instructions.

I'll make a video soon. If you are looking for a quiet aftermarket exhaust, this is 100% it!