ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old February 1st, 2010, 01:25 PM   #1
bogdanb
ninjette.org member

Name: bogdan

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Z750

FI model 2008 - ELEMENT-AIR FILTER

I tried do find some information in the Wiki first.
I have to buy an "ELEMENT-AIR FILTER". The only one I have found so far is aproximately 33 USD w/o the international delivery, and the guy is not sure whether it will fit to my bike.
Is there a difference between the FI and carb model - air filter wise?
Is this what I actualy need ( 11013 11013-0020 ELEMENT-AIR FILTER ) ?
What is the average price for this in U.S.?

Old February 1st, 2010, 08:19 PM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

All I know is that the air filter element ("ELEMENT-AIR FILTER 11013-0020 Kawasaki Genuine Parts") was going to cost $12 to order at one local dealer but another had it in-stock for $9. I think it's used on a lot of their bikes if they had it in stock, so I would guess that the FI bike uses it too (I don't see why not). It came pre-oiled and double-bagged. It was much cheaper to replace than buying the stuff to clean it and I was nearing 12,000 miles anyway (suggested replacement interval). If it is what you need for your bike and you do have to order from The States, I'm sure I could get it for you MUCH cheaper (at-cost/no profit).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2010, 12:56 AM   #3
bogdanb
ninjette.org member

Thank you !
Quote:
nearing 12,000 miles anyway (suggested replacement interval).
As far as I know this replacement should be done yearly.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdanb View Post
Thank you !

As far as I know this replacement should be done yearly.
You're welcome. I compared my numbers to yours and it does look like we are talking about the same part. I did the swap and, yes, it is the correct part.

Would you like me to grab the $9 USD one for you and ship it or can you find it locally? I have no idea how much shipping to Bulgaria would cost, but the element is small and will fit in a large envelope so it shouldn't cost too much.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM   #5
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Unless you'd like to buy mine... I ordered a spare pre-oiled element from Kawasaki before I decided to pull my airbox. It's ELEMENT-AIR FILTER 11013-0020. I paid ~$7 US for it, plus shipping from cheapcycleparts.com. I'll sell it to you for same ($7+shipping). It's Genuine Kawasaki parts, never opened, etc. I can upload pics too if you'd like.

Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:54 AM   #6
bogdanb
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
Unless you'd like to buy mine... I ordered a spare pre-oiled element from Kawasaki before I decided to pull my airbox. It's ELEMENT-AIR FILTER 11013-0020. I paid ~$7 US for it, plus shipping from cheapcycleparts.com. I'll sell it to you for same ($7+shipping). It's Genuine Kawasaki parts, never opened, etc. I can upload pics too if you'd like.
How much would be the shipping charge? I will have to pay you via Pay-pal I guess. Recently I've checked for a jacket from New Enough, and it was 200 USD,

Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:31 AM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdanb View Post
How much would be the shipping charge? I will have to pay you via Pay-pal I guess. Recently I've checked for a jacket from New Enough, and it was 200 USD,
A large plain envelope sent the cheapest way ("First Class") looks to be somewhere from $7 to $11 USD by my estimate when I put the info into USPS.com (United States Postal Service; I estimate well under a pound with a non-padded large envelope). The other options all look pretty expensive, but that sounds cheap and fast enough. I'm sure Momaru can find a good large paper envelope and undercut the online stores by a lot (it sounds like they all use premium shipping exclusively).

Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:53 PM   #8
Momaru

The prices CZroe quoted sound about right. If you'd like Bogdan, I can inquire about it at my local post office tomorrow/later today and get back to you, but I'd be very suprised if it was more than $10-15 USD.

Old February 4th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #9
bogdanb
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
The prices CZroe quoted sound about right. If you'd like Bogdan, I can inquire about it at my local post office tomorrow/later today and get back to you, but I'd be very suprised if it was more than $10-15 USD.
Yes, please. My brother in law is going to New York during the next week, but I think it would be much more easy I you can send it.
According our local Kawasaki dealer, there are 6 Ninjettes in Bulgaria.
That explains why they don't have it in stock. I don't understand the big price difference. 40 USD vs 7...

Old February 4th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #10
Momaru

Would you like me to just ship it if it's under a certain cost to ship? If so, mind PM-ing your address to me?
I ask because we are expecting a large snow storm starting early friday morning that will likely slow things down for several days. If you'd rather wait to get an exact shipping cost, that's fine too.