ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 26th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #1
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Gloves for Women

Looked at RS Taichi gloves a couple weeks ago. Women's sizing is "one size fits all" can you believe that!!!! I was shocked! Walked to the men's sizes in RS Taichi and found that a small fit perfectly. Tight around the fingers, length practically perfect and protection features pretty darn good. Their manufacturing seems to be on the slimmer size in gloves which make the men's gloves an option for women rather than that ridiculous 1 size fits all for womens gloves....
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I'm amazed they think "one size fits all" is OK! Glad you found gloves that fit anyhow...

/moved to general

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2009, 01:52 AM   #3
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I guess they think all womens hands are the same size. Women also complain about the lack of variety in womens jackets and pants. I think the industry needs to wake up and realize there are more and more women riding sport bikes than ever before.
Women need to unite and and write to the gear manufavturers.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #4
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

They could make a killing on us by offering more variety. I already have 4 jackets, 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of boots, and 3 pairs of gloves! I'm not entirely happy with any of them, but I can deal. I've been hunting for new gloves myself, which is what took me to the dealership yesterday. I'll figure something out, but will most likely get some men's gloves instead of the women's, as they seem to fit better.

Old June 27th, 2009, 07:50 AM   #5
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Thats a shame that womnen should have to compromise like this.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #6
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I'm appalled

Old June 27th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #7
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
They could make a killing on us by offering more variety. I already have 4 jackets, 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of boots, and 3 pairs of gloves! I'm not entirely happy with any of them, but I can deal. I've been hunting for new gloves myself, which is what took me to the dealership yesterday. I'll figure something out, but will most likely get some men's gloves instead of the women's, as they seem to fit better.
Kim.... if you can locate a dealer try the Men's Tiachi's.. they are built for the more Asian structured hand which means small, slenderer than a U.S. made mens glove. I was appauled they are selling womens based on an Asian womans hand sizing and structure at one size fits all... that gave me the idea that a man's will be the same type of configuration "smaller, leaner" but in S thru 2XXL.... I was right ! I love the fit of my shorty Tiachi mesh/leather glove. The mens actually fit a woman's hand much better... oh and ditto on the jackets like you... I have 4 and not happy happy with any.. but they will do..... have a great weekend!
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote