Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old May 15th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Parting out 1988 Engine

Hey guys, I took apart my engine from my 1988. It turns freely, there was some water in there but it actually looks pretty good. The left piston head is broken and the right piston needs new rings, but other than that, if you need any engine parts, I've got them all. Cam chain looks alright, rocker arms, cam shafts, valves, etc. Just tell me what you need and I will take pictures for you and since the engine wasn't running, I'm selling everything really cheap basically just to get rid of it. Just send me a PM or reply here if you need anything! (Except the clutch, it was fried. Springs are still good, though.)

Cheers!
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Ohhhhh man in debating the cams. They're basically longer duration cams for the pregen, aka they're cheap 'hot' cams. But I think I'd rather spend money on emulators than hot cams right now; the benefit would be better for the money spent.

Let me know if you still have the cams and maybe rockers in a few months. Deal?
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Ohhhhh man in debating the cams. They're basically longer duration cams for the pregen, aka they're cheap 'hot' cams. But I think I'd rather spend money on emulators than hot cams right now; the benefit would be better for the money spent.

Let me know if you still have the cams and maybe rockers in a few months. Deal?

do the cams have swappable plane bearings? do you have to use one of those fancy bearing hones to get the clearance right?

Old May 15th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #4
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
I'm going to list everything on ebay, but I'm leaving for a big road trip soon so I won't be back til August anyway. If I don't sell the cams by the time I leave. I'll hang onto them and let you know.
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 15th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #5
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Uhhhhhhhhhh Alex we can Facebook this soon because I don't want to clog up her thread.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote