ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:59 AM   #1
Timr
needs a bigger shed

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2x2009 ninja 250's, 1x2011 250 ninja, 1x1990 yamaha fzr 250 1x2006 yamaha R6 1x atomic quad, 1xZZR250

For people that run track ride/race clubs

So here in Tasmania i am our clubs vice president, competition secratary and ride day cordinator.
I know that a lot of clubs have business that has no place in a public forum and i this isn't the point of this.
Seeing behind the scenes at all different types of events poses it own set of troubles sometimes, along with some pretty awesome perks as well.
So what i thought i would do is see if any one here is also part of a club in any disipline, and give us all a place to exchange ideas, problem solve and just have a chat about club business.
Doing this i am hoping that we can help clubs improve, be more enjoyable for particapants, suggest ideas to make event organisation easier and any thing else people want help and sugestions with.
Tim

Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:06 AM   #2
Timr
needs a bigger shed

Motorcycle(s): 2x2009 ninja 250's, 1x2011 250 ninja, 1x1990 yamaha fzr 250 1x2006 yamaha R6 1x atomic quad, 1xZZR250

I'll go first.
here in Aus almost all clubs are voulenteer organisations, this has 3 main implications.

First every one involved is a bike enthusiast.

Second its REALLY hard to get people to do anything and it is left to a feew more dedicated people do do a lot of the work.

And third is getting enough people to put on events is a constant battle, things like flag marshalls, lap scorers, ect.
we are constantly trying new methods to convince people to voulenteer, but its one of the biggest problems we have, as no marshalls no track time for

any one have any ideas?

Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timr View Post
So here in Tasmania i am our clubs vice president, competition secratary and ride day cordinator.
I know that a lot of clubs have business that has no place in a public forum and i this isn't the point of this.
Seeing behind the scenes at all different types of events poses it own set of troubles sometimes, along with some pretty awesome perks as well.
So what i thought i would do is see if any one here is also part of a club in any disipline, and give us all a place to exchange ideas, problem solve and just have a chat about club business.
Doing this i am hoping that we can help clubs improve, be more enjoyable for particapants, suggest ideas to make event organisation easier and any thing else people want help and sugestions with.
Tim
Suggest you throw this OP up on PSB Tim, we have a very healthy track scene here in the West, probably due to being a large but isolated state living in boom times.
forum members are participants, racers, instructors, Track day organisers, and club officials (from 2 clubs)

http://www.trakdayz.com.au/
http://mcrcwa.com.au/

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f34/

Last futzed with by Aufitt; October 3rd, 2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Added links.
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:46 AM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Track time for working at the track may help.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:01 AM   #5
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

What you need to do is start generating some revenue, so you can pay the guys who do the work... simple

Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:22 PM   #6
Timr
needs a bigger shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Track time for working at the track may help.
we have tried this and it doesn't seem to be very effective, and when it did get the odd person to help out they where normally one of the racers partners and did it to get them a discount, which is fine but its still not enough people, and people are not willing to do any training to get an officialls licence... they would rather just pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
What you need to do is start generating some revenue, so you can pay the guys who do the work... simple
that would be great but being such a small club we normally only average about 60 bikes per ride day. that doesn't leave enough to pay any one.

we do supply free food and drink for voulenteers for the day and normally have a bbq at the end for them.

Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:35 PM   #7
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timr View Post
that would be great but being such a small club we normally only average about 60 bikes per ride day. that doesn't leave enough to pay any one.

we do supply free food and drink for voulenteers for the day and normally have a bbq at the end for them.
60 Bikes is a lot buddy, why don't you PM me a list of the number of people you need and other basic costs, I'll try working out a way for you to be more "profitable" so you can pay the people who work for you. Money talks the loudest, so I'm sure with even a small monetary incentive, you'll be much better off as far as attracting people is concerned. Have you considered taking up a sponsor? Or setting up some stalls to sell gear/farkels/food/drinks etc?

Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:24 PM   #8
Timr
needs a bigger shed

i realise 60 is ok and it does leave the club ahead, and i would love to pay them unfortunatly it won't/can't happen as there is another reason (just not sure what it is, possibly something to do with non profit status). i know we can provide incentives/rewards but no cash.

when we do get people involoved they are happy with how they are treated and what they get in return, we are looking to starta kind of gift voucher system, but they still need to be qualified first so another problem is getting people to come to a training night where we can get them qualified (for free) plus we put on a couple of drinks and a feed and it is a good night (i go along when they are on for a good night).

your right about money talking... unfortunatly we tried to enforce all racers need to provide someone to official or pay a $20 dollar fee... we got a lot of 20s.