ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #1
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): 93 kawi gpz500

motorcycle deals/promotions ?

anybody know good sites to look at for good deals on bikes?
bamaland is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #2
bob706
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

New bikes? Not a site but I think Suzuki and Kawasaki have recently had some great financing deals going on.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #3
bamaland
ninjette.org member

yea new bikes..

Old September 16th, 2010, 05:37 AM   #4
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Why new? Take it from me after buying 2 new bikes that these bikes can be had usually on CL deals for great prices. Avoid all the BS dealer fee's and buy used with low mileage.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2010, 05:43 AM   #5
bamaland
ninjette.org member

because i dont have cash! i need the financing lol..
if i had cash then i would!

Old September 16th, 2010, 05:46 AM   #6
dubojr1

You could prolly make a dime or 2 if your willing to part out your current bike. I'd stop replacing parts if you want to consider this though.

Just a thought...

Old September 16th, 2010, 05:50 AM   #7
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
You could prolly make a dime or 2 if your willing to part out your current bike. I'd stop replacing parts if you want to consider this though.

Just a thought...
nobodys really shown interest enough to want the parts or whole thing.. otherwise i'd sell it right now

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #8
dubojr1

eBay is a whole nother world from this forum.

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:26 AM   #9
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Quote:
eBay is a whole nother world from this forum.
ebay aint got squat honestly.. on top of that by far nothing local.. and i never trust shipping company's..

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:27 AM   #10
dubojr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaland View Post
ebay aint got squat honestly.. on top of that by far nothing local.. and i never trust shipping company's..
I meant for parting the bikes.

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #11
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I meant for parting the bikes.
oh, well cant do that either lol no bank account to start up paypal..

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:29 AM   #12
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Get what you have now running and ride it. Save money. Since you're not making a payment and you have enough to make a payment, take that money and set it aside. If you say you don't make enough to save, then what you're really saying is you don't have enough to make a payment. BTW, when making payments on a bike you also have to carry full insurance for theft and collision; it's a requirement of the loan. Take that money and set it aside as well.

Save for 12 months with discipline to not blow that money on something else, then you'll have one of two things: Enough for a massive down payment on a new bike so your payment will be very small (less than what you're saving now) or you'll have enough to pay cash for a recent year model bike in great shape with low miles and have no payments at all.

The first (and last) time I made payments was on my first car in high school during the 80's. That's when I figured out that making payments was a loser's game that only got me half or a third for my money compared to paying cash.

Also, with cash in hand you can much more easily negotiate and bargain, for better prices or more stuff thrown in. Showing up with a loan application just makes you look like a sucker *needing* to be fleeced.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:34 AM   #13
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
Get what you have now running and ride it. Save money. Since you're not making a payment and you have enough to make a payment, take that money and set it aside. If you say you don't make enough to save, then what you're really saying is you don't have enough to make a payment. BTW, when making payments on a bike you also have to carry full insurance for theft and collision; it's a requirement of the loan. Take that money and set it aside as well.

Save for 12 months with discipline to not blow that money on something else, then you'll have one of two things: Enough for a massive down payment on a new bike so your payment will be very small (less than what you're saving now) or you'll have enough to pay cash for a recent year model bike in great shape with low miles and have no payments at all.

The first (and last) time I made payments was on my first car in high school during the 80's. That's when I figured out that making payments was a loser's game that only got me half or a third for my money compared to paying cash.

Also, with cash in hand you can much more easily negotiate and bargain, for better prices or more stuff thrown in. Showing up with a loan application just makes you look like a sucker *needing* to be fleeced.
easier said than done. i cant keep money saved around here or else i'd be rich lol. im always the person who has to pull my family out of trouble and pay last minute bills. if i didnt then my family and i would be on the street.

a friend of mine is paying everything for the first month that way i can get back to work and then i wouldnt have any problems.

it would cost way to much money to fix this damn bike to being able to be an every day rider again.. i dont have that kind of money nor time

Old September 16th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #14
dubojr1

Quote:
Some may take this offensively. Either your income is much higher than most or you just don't need credit. IMHO credit is just part of life. Loans are what credit is all about. I however do enjoy the benefits from having an excellent beacon score. I still finance but always pay off the loan prior to the mature date. Just my

Old September 16th, 2010, 07:09 AM   #15
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Some may take this offensively. Either your income is much higher than most or you just don't need credit. IMHO credit is just part of life. Loans are what credit is all about. I however do enjoy the benefits from having an excellent beacon score. I still finance but always pay off the loan prior to the mature date. Just my
exactly.. you live in dallas 9/10 ur making a decent cash flo.

other like me are stuck in a big ass rutt that we cant really just climb out of..

im only looking at new bikes since my friend offered to finance it for me.

Old September 16th, 2010, 07:16 AM   #16
PitBull
ninjette.org member

Name: Lisa

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Quote:
other like me are stuck in a big ass rutt that we cant really just climb out of..
No offense but taking on debt is not the way to climb out of your big ass rutt. That will just get you buried alive!
PitBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #17
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
No offense but taking on debt is not the way to climb out of your big ass rutt. That will just get you buried alive!
gotta be able to get to work! another $200/month is nothing compared to not having a job..

once i get the bike i can start work again which i could then pay the entire bike off within 4-5 months

Old September 16th, 2010, 07:20 AM   #18
dubojr1

Quote:
gotta be able to get to work! another $200/month is nothing compared to not having a job..

once i get the bike i can start work again which i could then pay the entire bike off within 4-5 months
Financing will require current job history.

Old September 16th, 2010, 07:22 AM   #19
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Quote:

Quote:
Financing will require current job history.

Old September 16th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #20
dubojr1

Opps.... missed that you had someone to help finance.

Old September 16th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #21
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:

If you can't save money then you certainly can't make payments. They're the same, really; one way you're making payments to someone else, the other way you're making payments to yourself.

As far as cash flow goes, I make less than I did 20 years ago, and that wasn't much back then either. However, by not squandering money and by avoiding making payments from taking on debt, and by living frugally, I'm in a position of being debt free except for a mortgage, and even that was favorable to me since by having 20% to put down I had lenders peeing all over themselves to take advantage of my near 800 credit score.

You say in one breath that you can't save because "easier said than done. i cant keep money saved around here or else i'd be rich lol. im always the person who has to pull my family out of trouble and pay last minute bills. if i didnt then my family and i would be on the street." Then you say you want to make payments to get a bike that you can't afford to pay cash for.

This is a fairly simple math problem, and I think your friend isn't going to be your friend after all the dust settles.

Good luck with your endeavors...
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #22
bamaland
ninjette.org member

Quote:
If you can't save money then you certainly can't make payments. They're the same, really; one way you're making payments to someone else, the other way you're making payments to yourself.

As far as cash flow goes, I make less than I did 20 years ago, and that wasn't much back then either. However, by not squandering money and by avoiding making payments from taking on debt, and by living frugally, I'm in a position of being debt free except for a mortgage, and even that was favorable to me since by having 20% to put down I had lenders peeing all over themselves to take advantage of my near 800 credit score.

You say in one breath that you can't save because "easier said than done. i cant keep money saved around here or else i'd be rich lol. im always the person who has to pull my family out of trouble and pay last minute bills. if i didnt then my family and i would be on the street." Then you say you want to make payments to get a bike that you can't afford to pay cash for.

This is a fairly simple math problem, and I think your friend isn't going to be your friend after all the dust settles.

Good luck with your endeavors...
whos to say i am in debt? i simply said im out of work since i no longer have transportation to work and cant afford to get a vehicle or another bike on my own.
the cost to the fix current ninja would be more than the cost of a decent used bike/car.
ive been out of work for 3, almost 4 weeks now because of this damned bike.

its not my f'n fault some drunks decided to trash my bike the night before it was going to be road ready!

i dont think your really understanding that no, i cant afford to spend $800-1200 to get this bike rolling or get something else, but if i was able to get a new bike that i'd be able to go back to work and make more than enough money to cover the whole payments each month in 2 days time lol.