ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2020, 06:45 AM   #1
Crown_clown
ninjette.org member

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

08-12 Ninja 250 Petcock

im 2 years into a ninja 250r rebuild slowly sourcing parts and everything i needed to get it back up. i finally got everything and it wants to start but im not getting any gas from tank to flow. ive turned petcock to "pri" and "On" and tried to suck fuel out of tank with no success. I think petcok needs to be serviced or replaced. im not sure which action will lead to best results. i looked into replacing it but cant seem to find one new, and there are many repair kits on ebay that im just unsure of which to buy. and im tired of throwing money at it. looking for any advice or sale of petcock for 08-12 ninja 250r
Crown_clown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2020, 07:18 PM   #2
Emu
ninjette.org member

Name: Emu

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

The OEM part number is; Kawasaki TAP-ASSY,FUEL Part # 51023-0032

Here is a link to the part at bike bandit new from kawi. Keep in mind that when I ordered my OEM gas cap from kawi through bike bandit I had to wait about 45 days before it actually hit a US port in cali.
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...685&sch=706597

Bike bandit is one of several websites where you add a motorcycle to your "garage" then you can browse the parts diagrams to find exactly what you need.

Add the bike to your "garage", click "my garage" at the top next to "my cart", click on the bike you want listed there (this will bring up the parts diagrams), from here click "fuel &air", then "OEM Parts", finally "fuel tank".

From here you can see all the internal parts of the petcock to replace individual things if you want or just order a whole assembly.

Learning to navigate parts diagrams is super helpful and you can use it across all vehicles.
Emu is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.