ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old May 26th, 2016, 05:23 PM   #41
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
I use 2 methods depending on incline. I am 5.0 stock height on the bike....
1. Get off the bike and walk it
Or
2. One foot method. I have one foot flat and push.

Something to consider too is adding insoles to your boots. 1 full gel insole and one heel only, stack them inside the boot and it will give you an out .5 inch in reach.

Check this out.. www.gearchic.com/boots-2/

Old June 26th, 2016, 10:27 PM   #42
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
I push about 20-40 bikes around all day every day at work and we push them backwards with the left hand on the left handlebar and the right hand on the gas tank or seat, depending on the bike. I am not very heavy or strong lol and I can push almost any motorcycle this way even harleys, with most of the pushing done by my right hand. it is VERY hard to have both your hands on the handlebars and 'pull' your bike backwards, it tips you off balance, it makes you twist your head or walk where you can't see, and it's much easier to push something forwards than to pull it backwards. try this... it did take me about 2 months to get good at it doing it every day! Now I ride a stock height KLX250 dirtbike and I can get one toe down but I do not even try to back the bike up while sitting on it - I just get off and push it, and on a lightweight bike that kickstand pivot is pretty easy
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote