ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:18 AM   #1
sierabravo4
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Fairings from china?

So I wrecked my 2011 Ninja 250r. I need new fairings all around and saw that Chinese fairings are alot cheaper. I have seen alot of mixed reviews from a bunch of different companies, So my question is Does anyone have experience/ recommendations with any Chinese companies that make fairings? Are there any companies you would not recommend? Thank you all in advance.
sierabravo4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:23 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Hi Kurt,

There are a few members here who have installed the chinese fairings. Hopefully they chime in soon.

Iirc, there were some issues with fitment and some didn't have all the required holes pre drilled. Seems those two issues go hand in hand though no matter where your fairings are sourced from.

Perhaps this quick search will be helpful too. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ese%20fairings
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:42 AM   #3
BDfromBC
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): EX250-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Hi Kurt,

There are a few members here who have installed the chinese fairings. Hopefully they chime in soon.

Iirc, there were some issues with fitment and some didn't have all the required holes pre drilled. Seems those two issues go hand in hand though no matter where your fairings are sourced from.

Perhaps this quick search will be helpful too. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ese%20fairings

Most of the cheap sets on eBay are actually a fairly good quality now. Paint quality is where they slack, and heat shielding (you can use the stuff from your old fairings if you want, it's far better
As for holes, if they are advertised as pre drilled, they line up fine now, (I'm guessing after all the years, the mould is an exact replica now, rather then them creating a close but not perfect copy.)
Ymmv of course, but I've seen 3 sets quite recently that we're basically perfect (no gaps between any panels, though this also depends on if your brackets are still perfectly straight after the wreck.)
BDfromBC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:45 AM   #4
sierabravo4
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Which sellers on ebay have you seen? ive been looking at auctmart, dhgate, and advan_superstore on ebay
sierabravo4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 11:17 AM   #5
BDfromBC
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): EX250-J

I have seen one from dhgate, I think it came with all bolts/fasteners AND a seat cowl (but it was not from eBay, it was ordered from dhgate actual website(like Chinese eBay sort of), one from ultra_supplier (came with windscreen) , and one from bliss-star-express (came with tank cover)

But I could guess most all the moulds are the same now, and the seller doesn't really matter (they all probably source from the same place and resale for the actual manufacturers, but I can't promise that, I just kind of guess)
BDfromBC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 12:19 PM   #6
Twisthem488
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninjette

I was eyeing these recently. Cheapest fairings around, they have ok reviews, and it allows me to paint myself instead of worrying about clearcoat turning yellow after a year.
Twisthem488 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2016, 12:14 PM   #7
ninjagaiden09
ninjette.org member

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

I ordered mine here. Fairingz Another member ordered it from them too. Price is good and you can do custom paint on the bike as long as you provide the scheme.
ninjagaiden09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2016, 02:29 PM   #8
CrazyCanuckGoat
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ZX12R (sold), 2012 250R, 1975 Honda XL250, 1980 XJ650

Hey Kurt,

I've never ordered for my 250, but I have an 03 ZX12R I ordered a complete set of fairings off Ebay from "Bliss-star".

It only took 3 weeks to arrive to me in Canada. Well packed, no damage. They told me 2 little trim pieces were included that actually were not. They made good on their error and sent me the 2 pieces free. I believe I was dealing with Peter.

Not too many flaws in the paint (black with maroon ghost flames) but the paint is thin if you scratch it. My heat shielding was already put on. I had to transfer foam from my old fairings to the new ones.

I unfortunantly had to oversize most mounting holes with a drillbit to get pieces to line up properly even though they were advertised as "OEM fitment". I figured I would have to do this from the get go, so it wasn't a big deal.

The only other issue was some of the threaded bolt holes were the wrong size from factory. Instead of a factory M8 thread, it was a M6 thread. I highly advise ordering a set that comes with a "bolt kit". I was lucky that I did.

Overall can't complain, great customer service in my case.....YMMV though.
CrazyCanuckGoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2016, 05:07 AM   #9
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Do you mind me asking how much you ended up paying for the Chinese fairing kit? I may be interested in them as well
garyg199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2016, 09:17 AM   #10
ninjagaiden09
ninjette.org member

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Fairings

When I ordered mine at motorcyclefairingz it cost me $ 450US including shipping. That's with my own paint scheme and design also comes with gas tank cover. Right now there in production and just waiting for them to email me the picture how it looks like.
ninjagaiden09 is offline   Reply With Quote