ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 21st, 2009, 11:33 AM   #1
250Rocket
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

How many people have come back to a 250R

I'm discussing this in another forum. Somebody thinks that once a person goes to a big bike they'd never go back to a 250R. Just want to see how many because I was quoted it being one in a million.

Back on the road again Season 2010 Dam it feels good!
250Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

There are lots of people, even on this forum that had bigger bikes before the 250r, so I would think that it is a lot more than 1 in a million.

Old November 21st, 2009, 11:52 AM   #3
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2006

I'd say someone quicker than the average Joe would realize the lil 250 is a very economical ride, alot of those bigger bikes come with big maint. bills not to mention tires costs and life.

the 250 ninjas like having a 70 chey pickup with a 350 in it....you can MAKE it live forever pretty cheap

Old November 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I guess you need to find 999999 more folks that haven't, because I have. We had sold our 250, have had many other bikes in the garage, yet I picked up a new one last year because I really missed having a ninjette.

If the question is if someone would go back to a ninjette as their only motorcycle after they've spent a bunch of time on other bikes as well, perhaps that may be less likely, but it's certainly not unheard of. But that's not due to the cc's, it's because there may be bikes out there that may be better suited to one's particular interests. No one bike is perfect for everything, even our beloved ninjette.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 11:56 AM   #5
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

bikin;s different things to different people

I been riding since '67 and have realized that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 11:57 AM   #6
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2006

nice eddie

Old November 21st, 2009, 12:12 PM   #7
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
If the question is if someone would go back to a ninjette as their only motorcycle after they've spent a bunch of time on other bikes as well, perhaps that may be less likely, but it's certainly not unheard of. But that's not due to the cc's, it's because there may be bikes out there that may be better suited to one's particular interests. No one bike is perfect for everything, even our beloved ninjette.
As my sport bike, the ninjette fills my needs perfectly.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM   #8
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

I've owned many bikes since I started street riding back in 1992. The 250r is perhaps my favorite because it is so light and has such good handling. It is ideal for commuting.

Old November 21st, 2009, 01:04 PM   #9
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
I been riding since '67 and have realized that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
+1.

My first bike was a Suzuki 650.

My second bike was a Kawasaki EX500

Now I've got a Ninjette and I like it best of all.

At this rate before I'm done I'll be on one of those little scooters with a weedwhacker engine on it.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 01:35 PM   #10
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

The last time I was looking to buy a new bike for myself and was on craigslist like all the time (which was only a little over a month ago, actually- when I sold my '05 250 for my current '09), I actually saw a couple of people looking to trade their 600s for ninja 250s. Most cited gas mileage as the reason, but I wouldn't be surprise if there was a little more to it than just that. But even if that was the only reason, The fact remains that those people were all looking to go down some cc's

While I'm sure it's more common that people move up, I don't think it's really that unprecedented or absurd that someone would want to move down.
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 01:44 PM   #11
Flow
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R/'10 ZX6R/'02 YZ125/'06 DRZ125L/'05 Blaster

I had my 650 for a few months before deciding I wanted a 250 again(no, the 650 wasn't my first bike). I find the 250 to be funner and more relaxing. I'm actually thinking about getting rid of my 650. So, in a sense, I did come back to a 250.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM   #12
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

I was at a friends last night eyeing his cb400f show winner, bsa, triumph, and a couple hon 550 and 750 road racers with custom frames. What's his daily bike? VTR250 intrceptor.
Posted via Mobile Device
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 03:20 PM   #13
eddiekay

I feel like ABDOUGLAS has a plan I could follow.
For me, it's all about the ride. What I'm on, who I'm with, where I'm going don't mean that much. 25cc strapped to the frame of an old english racer sounds OK to me

Old November 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM   #14
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate-bama View Post
I'd say someone quicker than the average Joe would realize the lil 250 is a very economical ride, alot of those bigger bikes come with big maint. bills not to mention tires costs and life.

the 250 ninjas like having a 70 chey pickup with a 350 in it....you can MAKE it live forever pretty cheap
This.

I haven't given my 250 to my cousin yet, but I already feel the loss. The general running costs of my gixxer 750 are at least double compared to the 250 (gas and insurance especially). That and the 250 was MUCH better in heavy traffic.

I love the extra power of a larger bike and it's increased stability at higher speeds, but it's overall "liveability" isn't as robust when I compare it to the little ninja.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM   #15
mikedabike64
ninjette.org guru

Name: mike

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250

I went back 3 times to my current ride an 2002, I came off a cbr 900rr, When I get as good as Gary Jaehne on a 250 I still would not move up.But would love an 2008 or 2009.
mikedabike64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM   #16
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I plan to move to a bigger bike one day but only for touring reasons. I love the 250 and if i can afford to keep both i will for shorter trips for the fun factor in the twisties

Old November 21st, 2009, 05:57 PM   #17
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

I started riding in 1958 with a 250 NSU. Since then I have had 500s, 650s, 750s and two 1000s. I am back to a 250 because it is a machine that is fun to ride, is economical in terms of upkeep, and performs better than the Brit Bikes I have ridden in the past. My last bike was a 750 John Player Special Norton. My present 08 Ninja SE would seriously embarass that bike. Were I to take up some serious touring, the Honda Deauville (European). I think it is designated N-700 in the US, would be my choice. It is a turn key touring bike that would need nothing but a tail bag. It is a bit pricey at 10K. It is, however, by all reports, an 1100ST with a smaller displacement, designed for us folks who need a 31" seat height. For now, I have no problem taking a 500Mi one way trip to visit my mother, or taking a week off to ride around the Gaspe Peninsula in Canada. First Gear and Cortech make excellent luggage that works well on a Ninja, so we really are not restricted for touring. The bike is highway capable and makes a great touring bike. For extended touring---like for a year or so--I think that the Honda N-700 would be a better choice.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM   #18
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I have to stop at the 2 hour mark which isn't that bad but my butt tires more easily on the way back. The last trip i made was approx a 2 hour trip and this time i remembered to put on my bike short which made a huge difference but stopped more frequently so can't really attribute it to the shorts. Will have to wait till next year to see i don't like to go to far as the temp drops dramatically fast now with our shorter days. More reason to buy heated gear....xmas wish list

Old November 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM   #19
eddiekay

an NSU !

Bonjour///man, I haven't seen one of those in 40 years.

Old November 21st, 2009, 09:30 PM   #20
250Rocket
ninjette.org member

Thanks for the replies guys and girls.

The debate started because we were talking about want vs need. Here in Quebec (Canada) they are thinking of banning sports bikes(600cc+) to those under 25 years old or less than 5 years experience.

So I stated why do you need a Super Sport for the street, slightly defending the choice. Speed limit is 100kph or 65mph so my Ninjette is just as good as a SS maybe even better considering other terms (gas, price....) People got offended and off the argument went.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:12 AM   #21
dotsony
ninjette.org member

Name: brandon

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

I first got my 250 after crashing my FZ1. The bike was totaled and I was pretty badly shaken up. I wanted to keep riding, but needed something both economical and sedate while I worked back up to my previous skill level. It was exactly what I needed, and It's been a great year with that bike.

A couple months ago, after moving into a place with a garage, I pulled the trigger on a 2007 ZZR600. It was a big adjustment, and I had my doubts at first, but after getting used to it, I really really like it. The 250 is a great bike -- I think it's actually better than much of what's out there in the entry-level category. But this ZZR is just so much better. Buttery smooth engine, firm but compliant suspension, "gobstoppingly" good brakes, and it still manages to be reasonably comfortable. There really is no comparison.

Having said that, I'm having trouble getting myself to let go of the 250. Basically for all the reasons already mentioned and more. But the reality is that I can only afford to have one bike at a time. The 250 is a wonderfully practical machine, but for me, motorcycling is about visceral thrill. That ZZR puts a grin on my face every time I take it out, even if I'm just going to the grocery store. If I can only have one bike, it might as well be this one.

Better to let someone else take the 250 who can really appreciate it for it's virtues.
dotsony is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:56 AM   #22
dotsony
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Rocket View Post
Thanks for the replies guys and girls.

The debate started because we were talking about want vs need. Here in Quebec (Canada) they are thinking of banning sports bikes(600cc+) to those under 25 years old or less than 5 years experience.

So I stated why do you need a Super Sport for the street, slightly defending the choice. Speed limit is 100kph or 65mph so my Ninjette is just as good as a SS maybe even better considering other terms (gas, price....) People got offended and off the argument went.
As I'm considering moving to Montreal and I'm juuuust shy of 5 years of riding experience, this question interests me. I've heard that sport bike insurance is ridiculously expensive in Canada, and that kinda sucks. I'd want to take my ZZR with me, of course.

Do I need it? Obviously not. A 150cc scooter is all you really need to keep up with modern traffic. I'd settle for anything on two wheels. I wonder how much of the debate is driven by the fact that in canada, the state pays for health care. I can understand why, as a society, you don't want young men riding powerful machines. There's a strong disincentive, from the taxpayer's point of view. Not that it's any different in the 'States. We pay the same cost here, just in a different way. So, from an abstract rational point of view, sure. It totally makes sense.

From my individual point of view -- my own selfish pursuit of joy, I think it's terrible. It's not about what you need, it's about having the freedom to enjoy yourself. I want to be able to live just a little bit, and my bike just sheer bliss to ride. Young men are drawn to fast vehicles like moths to the flame. Most of them are too expensive for said young men, but sport bikes are relatively cheap. It's the only outlet some of us have. It's unfair to take away freedom because other people can't control themselves.

There's two parts of my brain competing for attention, and as usual, the selfish part wins. I want my fast bike, damn it. It's just too much fun. And I'm tired of having things taken away from me for my own good.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 04:01 AM   #23
Jacksmeow
ninjette.org member

Name: Gale

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R; '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A, sometimes I ride my husband's '01 GSX-R 600

I've had an 800 for 4 years. Got the Ninja last spring when the gas prices were $5 a gallon. We already had a gsxr 600 and another big cruiser, so didn't want to spend $10K on another bike, but I wanted a sport bike in addition to my cruiser. I can and do ride 3 out of 4 of our bikes (one I consider too big and heavy for me that I have no desire to ride), and the Ninja 250 is my favorite. The bike totally fits me without any adjustment and does anything I want it to do (ride the twisties, mainly)!

I do hate the question "Is that your first bike?"
Jacksmeow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:12 AM   #24
eddiekay

Hey, I'm wondering this...

Given the original premise of the thread.....
To all those who switched to a 250......or got one as a second bike
After how many years of riding did you switch ?
I been riding 40+ years and i'm back to a small displ bike
my very first ride was on a yamaha big bear ( about 248cc)

Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:25 AM   #25
Midnightrider
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): Black 09 Ninja 250

I'm 55 years old. I've owned over 20 motorcycles, everything from a Honda CB100 to a Triumph Daytona 1200. Even owned a 600 Ninja. I've racked up a lot of miles on a lot of motorcycles in my lifetime. I'm an Iron Butt member. I'm now disabled and I've lost half my body strength, I have Lupus. Back last spring I bought an 03 Suzuki Savage 650. Its a lightweight cruiser that I could handle as weak as I am. The Savage is a great motorcycle but it doesnt handle like my sportbikes did. I missed the sportbike handling. I read several roadtest on the Ninja 250 so in August I decided to purchase a new one. Thats one purchase I'll never regret. I love to ride tight mountain twisties and I'm as fast on my Ninjette as I ever was on the bigger sportbikes. Doing 150mph on a straight no longer appeals to me. For now the little Ninja suits me perfectly. For what it is and what it does the little Ninja is the most amazing motorcycle I've ever owned. Its cheap to own and operate and it doesnt tire me riding it fast.
Midnightrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:47 AM   #26
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
But how much fun is it to ride a fast bike fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
I was at a friends last night eyeing his cb400f show winner, bsa, triumph, and a couple hon 550 and 750 road racers with custom frames. What's his daily bike? VTR250 intrceptor.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm in town for the Pats game. Who has this collection and why wasn't I invited?

Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM   #27
eddiekay

riding a fast bike fast

Good question CC and i can't say I know. My FZ6 is by far the fastest and most capable bike i had and, since straightaways don't really count as far as i'm concerned, I can't say I ever tilted that biike, at speed, anywheres near as far as it would go. I mean, the plain fact is that even after 40 years, I may not be much of a rider and, yeah, I'm OK with that. Butt and there's always a but(t)...I got 40 years of good times. There's an old tune that goes"I ride a bicycle, I don't drive a car...don't go too fast but i go pretty far"....so, no, I can't say I know how much fun it is to ride a fast bike fast. Or, more exactly, I can't say I ever got the FZ6 close to what a pro rider could do and to me, that's riding a fast bike fast.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:05 PM   #28
dotsony
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Good question CC and i can't say I know. My FZ6 is by far the fastest and most capable bike i had and, since straightaways don't really count as far as i'm concerned, I can't say I ever tilted that biike, at speed, anywheres near as far as it would go. I mean, the plain fact is that even after 40 years, I may not be much of a rider and, yeah, I'm OK with that. Butt and there's always a but(t)...I got 40 years of good times. There's an old tune that goes"I ride a bicycle, I don't drive a car...don't go too fast but i go pretty far"....so, no, I can't say I know how much fun it is to ride a fast bike fast. Or, more exactly, I can't say I ever got the FZ6 close to what a pro rider could do and to me, that's riding a fast bike fast.
I wouldn't sweat it. You're still here, and I can only hope to last as long.

I don't claim to be much of a rider either, but I've had a few track experiences, and I can I can tell the difference between a 250 and a true sport bike with (properly-tuned suspension). If the question is which is the better machine, then a track-oriented 600 is the hands-down winner. I think a liter bike is too much for most people, myself included. If the question is which is more fun?, I'm not so sure. I found the 250s ergonomics to be a challenge on the track -- both the high bars, and the narrow tank. Similar criticisms would apply to the the FZ6, though I imagine the tank is a lot better.

The 250 is a bitchin' bike in the twisties, even though the suspension is barely able to cope on rough roads at speed (pretty much all we have in the SF Bay Area). If I never had to get on a freeway, I'd probably stick with the 250 as my only bike.

The 250 is a wonderful machine to tool around town in, where the 600 is literally too fast for its own good. But the thing is, I don't ride in town that often. I take long trips on the highway to visit people in other parts of the state. When I'm riding for recreation, I have to ride 30 - 40 minutes in traffic to get to the choice back roads.

As soon as I get onto the freeway, the 250 becomes a bit of a chore. For one thing, it just doesn't seem happy at 70MPH with the engine screaming at 9 grand. Compared to a four-cylinder, the vibrations seem excessive and tiring, whereas the ZZR makes cruising along at 65-70MPH rather pleasant (even if it seems really slow by comparison). And if traffic slows down, it takes at least two carefully timed down-shifts on the 250 to get it into a power band where it will accelerate again, otherwise frighteningly slow to climb back up to speed. There are times when I feel like a quick acceleration up to the speed limit is the safest way to go. For example, when you're pulling off the shoulder, or merging into the carpool lane from a lane in which traffic has nearly stopped. In those situations I feel quite vulnerable on the little 250. And the brakes, while perfectly adequate, are less than confidence-inspiring. And with the narrow front tire, the stopping distance is alarmingly large. I've come close to locking the front brake in emergency stop situations on the 250, and i've never done that on any of my other bikes. My FZ1, despite weighing in at 450-odd pounds (208kg, according to wikipedia) still managed to stop on a dime. For negotiating traffic, I prefer a bike with a little more acceleration and braking so that I have more control over my lane position, and can get out of trouble in a hurry.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:07 PM   #29
chokne
I name everything

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Eva

Hey brandon, thanks for the insight on diff between 250 and 600. Never really thought of how underpowered bike on highway could be dangerous until now during transitions. I'm keeping that in mind!

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:12 PM   #30
chokne
I name everything

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Eva

Hey Rob!

At the price the SS bikes are here in QC, i'd rather find a way to swap an ex500 engine then end up paying 4000$ a year to put a 600 on the streets!

That is, unless they completely redesign the ninja 500r into a gorgeous little monster too

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM   #31
250Rocket
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokne View Post
Hey Rob!

At the price the SS bikes are here in QC, i'd rather find a way to swap an ex500 engine then end up paying 4000$ a year to put a 600 on the streets!

That is, unless they completely redesign the ninja 500r into a gorgeous little monster too
They killed the EX500 model, no longer available. As for the mounting a 500 engine, i think people have done it already, the motor supposidly fits. Don't know where it came from, probably a good google search.

And I don't see how it's underpowered for the highway. At 100kph you're right in the power band so passing is no problem. Passing is comparable to a family sedan. Of course the 600 will do it in a split second. As for maintaining speed, might be buzzy but i'm usually passing people in the left lane. Rarely do I have to move over for somebody else. I guess it's a question of comfort but i'm good with it.

Old November 24th, 2009, 06:33 AM   #32
250Rocket
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducducgooseit View Post
In order, GPz550H2, VF500F2, EX250E2, EX250F19, 1098S, 1198S, EX250J9. All over the map - horsepower, torque, displacement. All sport bikes. Covers almost 25 years. Still having a fun time on the tiny bike. It's a wOOt hoOt.

Note: There are ~6.3 Billion people. That makes 6300 people eligible for happiness with the small bike.
Glad to hear.

There was a good analogy. A car and Go-Kart can got 70kph. The Go-Kart feels intense while the car feels normal at that speed. IMO that's what the Ninja 250R is, the "go-kart" of motorcycles

Old November 24th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #33
Midnightrider
ninjette.org member

I was hoping for a redesign on the Ninja 500 but it has been discontinued. The 500 is not in the 2010 lineup. So far I havent had any problem with freeway riding on the little Ninja. I got obsessed with power years ago and I didnt stop until I had a 150hp motorcycle. Now I can look back and realize the insanity of it all. Maybe in a heavy populated area you might have a situation where you need more power than our 250's have but so far I havent encountered it. I'm an Iron Butt association member and many Iron Butt rally riders ride the Ninja 250. That was a selling point for me. If you are not familiar with the Iron Butt association google it. I took a 275 mi ride last week on my Ninja and averaged 76mpg. On a 600 sportbike I maybe could have gotten 50mpg. Tire life is another costly factor. You are lucky to get 4000mi on a rear sportbike tire. I have heard of riders getting 10,000mi + on the 250's tires. Chain and sprockets wear out on larger sportbikes around 12,000mi. I know of one rider on an 08 250r who has over 25,000mi on the original chain and sprockets. Horsepower cost a lot of money, if you are willing to spend it its your money. One of these days I might decide to upgrade to a 650r but if I do I'm keeping my little 250 because of economics. I've owned over 20 motorcycles and ridden over 200,000mi on the street. For what it is and what it does the Ninja 250 is the most amazing motorcycle I've ever parked my ass on.

Old November 24th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #34
Sailariel

Mike, Been riding 50 years and have owned a lot of bikes. The 250 Ninja is, in my view, the closest thing to perfection. It`s an incredible machine. I completely agree with you.

Old November 24th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #35
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I started out on small bikes and then whent to bigger and now I am back to a "smaller" bike although I do not think of the bike as small.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #36
Sailariel

Rick, It`s not a small bike.

Old November 24th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #37
Midnightrider
ninjette.org member

Alex some of these kids dont realize how great a motorcycle they own. I guess they will end up going full circle like you and I have. I was lucky I never got hurt on one of my high power Sportbikes. I've been 170mph on the street. Looking back now I realize it was pure insanity. After a while running 150mph on a straight gets boring. The most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle is putting on my leathers and taking my little Ninja to my favorite stretch of tight twisties. I believe I'm faster through the tight twistys on my Ninjette than I was on my high powered sportbikes. The Ninjette sure handles better than they did and I owned a couple of Ducatis. Theres a lot of truth to its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast. If my health was better I wouldnt hesitate to ride my Ninja cross country.

Old November 24th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #38
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Rick, It`s not a small bike.
Thats why I said I don't think of it as one.It is as fun and capable as any big bike I have rode. I love it.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #39
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

A neighbor I've never talked to recently saw me getting on my bike and asked me some questions about it because he's interested in getting a 250R. It turns out that he was the owner of the R1 I used to see in the parking lot. He didn't tell me what happened to it, just that it was "too much" and that he "learned his lesson." He showed me his scabs, but they actually came from sliding his friend's gixxer six, who he now owes $500 to. I can see why he's interested in the 250 ...but after an R1?!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #40
Midnightrider
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
A neighbor I've never talked to recently saw me getting on my bike and asked me some questions about it because he's interested in getting a 250R. It turns out that he was the owner of the R1 I used to see in the parking lot. He didn't tell me what happened to it, just that it was "too much" and that he "learned his lesson." He showed me his scabs, but they actually came from sliding his friend's gixxer six, who he now owes $500 to. I can see why he's interested in the 250 ...but after an R1?!
Motorcycling is supposed to be fun. Riding a motorcycle fast when you dont have the proper skills is not fun. Your neighbor found that out. I love twisting the throttle on my 250 and not have to worry about dying or going to jail.