ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 6th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #41
djindia23
Ride or Die Ninja

Name: Kichu

Motorcycle(s): Blue Ninja 250R (the fastest color)

hahahahaha all these posts are great.... you know i got a 250 and i ride with 4 or 5 other 600s... and they used to jokingly give me crap about my bike... we went to a bike meet at hooters and more people came to my bike and was like yoo is that the new 250... that shyt looks hot just get a fatter tire on it and no one will know the diff... the 600s i rolled with aint get no attention... plus on most of these streets aint no one really doing much more than 95-100 and you can keep up with them and in curves its not even a test, cuz i was able to get around curves in philly a lot better than the hayabusa i was riding with... soo keep yo head up!! and enjoy the ride... just be safe....
djindia23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #42
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post

not sure what my point is. i just feel cruddy and i wanted to vent. thanks.

You feeling any better now? I hope so, theres nothing to feel cruddy about. 250r's rock
Bunch of babies riding them R1's
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #43
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

No Gear = No Brains

There are 2 guys just like that who ride Busa's here in Gastonia
the only gear I have ever seen them wear is helmet and gloves
total dip-sh*ts IMO
I've had bigger bikes pass me and it doesn't bother me too much ...
but I always think ... bigger isn't better cause my 250 is much more fun
Yeah, it's intimidating sometimes, but the feeling always passes as soon as they are out of sight
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #44
beowuff
ninjette.org member

Name: Yancy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

There's only one reason to ride a liter+ bike. Your afraid of turning and you want to catch up on the straights!
beowuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #45
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

LOL!! I love my 250. More isn't always better.

Old May 8th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #46
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Name: Cochese

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

A proper way to handle this would have been to address them all as squids and let them pursue you to the nearest canyon where you would promptly embarrass them.
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #47
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

talking about full gear...

i went to the dealer yesterday to pick up a part for my bike. as i was walking out, there was a salesman talking to a customer about the ninja 650r. he sees me walking out and cuts his stops talking to the customer mid sentence. he yells out to me, "that looks like a 10 minute job!". i looked at him with a puzzled look on my face. then he replied, "your get up". i gave him a half smile, rolled my eyes and walked out. dick wad. lol. i found it strange that a kawasaki salesman would knock a rider for wearing gear. whatevers. didn't phase me.
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #48
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

it's not the size that matters
plus they're probably just a bunch of squids anyways
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #49
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I have to admit, I love my li'l 250. I do want more power though. I wish they made a 4-cylinder 500cc upgrade for it. I"d be all over it.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #50
beowuff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I wish they made a 4-cylinder 500cc upgrade for it.
Personally, I love the twin engines... More torque... And I think they sound better too. If I ever move "up", I'll probably look at a Multistrada or a BMW GS series bike...

Twins are also easier to work on. Less valves to check

Old May 8th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #51
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowuff View Post
Personally, I love the twin engines... More torque... And I think they sound better too. If I ever move "up", I'll probably look at a Multistrada or a BMW GS series bike...

Oh that is true. Good way to look at it.
I've only owned twins, but now I think about it, I fully agree. The twins do sound good.

I can't imagine the simplicity of a 650 single.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #52
ninjablk08
ninjette.org guru

Name: oscar

Motorcycle(s): blk ninja 250 2008

stick to your guns ,lots of my friends have 600 and bigger but they don't push me ,they know my limits ,ATGATT and enjoy

Old May 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #53
imunro
Year-round rider

Name: Ian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ebony 250R

I'm tired of people thinking that smaller bikes are somehow inferior. I get asked "So when are you upgrading to a bigger bike?" all the time! I use my bike mostly for commuting - the max speed limit on most city streets in Vancouver is 50km/h, so why on earth would I need a liter bike or a Busa? Besides, the 250R is a great bike to learn basic skills on and I don't feel like it's going to let me get myself into too much trouble. Arguably the larger bikes are a little more stylish, but to each their own. I'd rather get where I'm going in one piece than wind up as road pizza.

My Albums
imunro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #54
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
You feeling any better now? I hope so, theres nothing to feel cruddy about. 250r's rock
Bunch of babies riding them R1's
Kerry, I guess you won't be riding that R1 any more, you baby you.

Now I feel better.

Old May 8th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #55
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
There's only one reason to ride a liter+ bike. Your afraid of turning and you want to catch up on the straights!
Quote:
Personally, I love the twin engines... More torque... And I think they sound better too. ...

You tell em, it's you and me in the turns buddy. We'll show em, we'll be scrapping and sliding and they will have to wait for a nice long straight to catch up. Matt Maladin doesn't have a chance.

The sounds of twins. Make me long for a Harley. They sound wicked cool. I'd would have said Ducati until you wrote easier to work on.

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #56
beowuff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I'd would have said Ducati until you wrote easier to work on.
Well, a 2 cylinder Duc should be easier then a 4, right? So my comment still stands! :P

Of course, if I could afford a Desmosedici RR, I could afford to take it to the shop...

Old May 8th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #57
wyckedflesh
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mikel

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, '95 Ducati 900SS/CR (undergoing track conversion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
i almost made a u-turn out of there, but that would have been too obvious.
That my friend is when you put on your grin, stiffen your spin and cruise your way in like you don't care.

If they go through the effort of giving you crap, then it wouldn't matter if you rode in on a 1098 with a turbo. Your not part of their group so in their mind, they have the right to give you crap.

As for gear or no gear, hey, that IS your personal choice. There is no hard and fast rule that you have to wear gear (except helmets where required). Be comfortable in your gear. Roll up to a Stunt show in your full gear and be comfortable, don't take it off and lay it on your bike, wear it. The more comfortable with your gear you are, the less likely you can get jibbed into doing something you don't want to.

Besides:
In FLIGHT CLUB:
I am wearing a helmet, and your not...HEAD BUTT!

After hitting you with my armored elbow, my elbow doesn't hurt, but how do those teeth taste?

Your armored gloves sound loud against my helmet, do mine sound so loud breaking your teeth?

That was of course tongue in cheek and meant for humorous purposes
wyckedflesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #58
wyckedflesh
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mikel

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, '95 Ducati 900SS/CR (undergoing track conversion)

Quote:
Well, a 2 cylinder Duc should be easier then a 4, right? So my comment still stands! :P

Of course, if I could afford a Desmosedici RR, I could afford to take it to the shop...
In a Duc, its not a matter of 2 or 4 cylinders but 2 or 4 VALVES!

Desmodromic is not just a catch phrase, but an actual patented system of valve operation.

2Valves like the Monsters are easy to work on, and I can point you to an online vid that shows how it is done.

4Valves are a lot more work, and really are more work then your standard DOHC 4 Cylinder bike.
wyckedflesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #59
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
You're in luck, Ducati covers all services at no charge for the RR for the first 3 years. See what your $70K+ buys you?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2009, 04:17 AM   #60
Jacksmeow
ninjette.org member

Name: Gale

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R; '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A, sometimes I ride my husband's '01 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by djindia23 View Post
more people came to my bike and was like yoo is that the new 250

you can keep up with them and in curves its not even a test, ..
We took the sport bikes to the Myrtle Beach bike rally last October...more Harleys there than anything else. On the strip, everyone was coming to MY bike! Major question -- "What is it?" "Is it a new ZX-10 or 6?" Harley riders were kinda jealous, expensive bikes sitting there all chromed out and here everyone is looking at MY bike, night after night.

My bike always attracts a crowd, wherever we go, even at the gap.

The 250 is more than adequate on the twisties!

Yes, I own an 800, too and can ride the gixxer anytime I want, but I prefer my 250. It is an extremely fun ride. it puts a smile on my face and everyone else's!
Jacksmeow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #61
CodE-E
Ninja Newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): EX250K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmeow View Post
We took the sport bikes to the Myrtle Beach bike rally last October...more Harleys there than anything else. On the strip, everyone was coming to MY bike! Major question -- "What is it?" "Is it a new ZX-10 or 6?" Harley riders were kinda jealous, expensive bikes sitting there all chromed out and here everyone is looking at MY bike, night after night.

My bike always attracts a crowd, wherever we go, even at the gap.
Must be the bright green. Although I think the Kawasaki green is pretty awesome, I went for the black version because I don't want any attention.
CodE-E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #62
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Nope, the black ones get alot of attention too. lol. Maybe it's the female riders?
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #63
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

howzit gary,

bruddah, the same thing happened to me...well sorta.
i was at my credit union and this dude on an i-dont-know-what cuz he had race fairings on his machine, pulls out from the business directly across the street from me. it looked like a 1000cc plus bike...anyway i was gearing up and shot the dude a wave...and that jerk looked at me, revved his bike, shot outta the parking lot and fought to control a wheelie as he blasted up the road.
i think the cowboy said it right when he said you intimidated them with yer gear and stuff. i'm thinking that was a stunt club you happened upon, and by the nature of their riding style, they dont or wont gear up for protection's sake. they saw counter culture in a sense when you pulled up.

so no feel bad my friend.
there's butt-heads everywhere

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #64
Buffalony

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Originally Posted by komohana View Post
howzit gary,

bruddah, the same thing happened to me...well sorta.
i was at my credit union and this dude on an i-dont-know-what cuz he had race fairings on his machine, pulls out from the business directly across the street from me. it looked like a 1000cc plus bike...anyway i was gearing up and shot the dude a wave...and that jerk looked at me, revved his bike, shot outta the parking lot and fought to control a wheelie as he blasted up the road.
i think the cowboy said it right when he said you intimidated them with yer gear and stuff. i'm thinking that was a stunt club you happened upon, and by the nature of their riding style, they dont or wont gear up for protection's sake. they saw counter culture in a sense when you pulled up.

so no feel bad my friend.
there's butt-heads everywhere
I think you hit the nail on its head here Steve.

The day after Gary posted this, I was out headed for a local flea market. I was stopped one light before a half mile straight before the turn off into the market.
Sitting at the red light, I thought my bike got louder for a second, then I looked behind me to notice two other sports bikes. Hayabusa on the left, a GSXR 1000 on the right. Both riders wearing hooded sweatshirts. I thought to myself "here we go".
When I looked back on my left at the guy on the busa, I gave him a nod, He just looked at his buddy!
Light turned green and WWWAAAAHHH. LOL

They both passed me as I took off like they werent there.

Turns out they were both headed for the market to. They were both waiting to make the turn into the parking lot when I caught up to them.lol. I made the turn into the parking lot before they did, which I thought was funny they had to wait for a bigger gap in traffic than I did on the ninjette.
When I got to a parking spot I ended up parking next to 2 Kawi Cruisers, beautiful bikes. I shut Wasabi off and started wraping things up. The squids ended up parking in the same area I did, only 6 or seven spots up.

When I was done locking things up, I walked over towards them to check out their bikes, they were already headed for the door. I looked both bikes over for a few min.. both had chromed and stretched swing arms, which probably explains why I beat em into the parking lot!
The busa had a straight pipe with an ubber wide rear tire, and sat lower to the ground than the ninjette. Though it had a neat paint job, where he had flames cut from reflective vinyl and clear coated over it to blend them in with candy red paint.

Anyways, after I was done and ready to leave I had a chat with the two cruiser owners I parked next to. Both riders had passengers and were getting ready for departure. The guy immeadiatly next to me had his son with him. I complimented him on his bike and told him I'd have one like it when I'm experienced enough. He told me it was a 1600cc. Then said "What is that? Its a 250 right?" I said yep. Then He said "Perfect. I've had alot of sports bikes. Now I just want something thats comfortable all the time" I told him I understood. Then commented "1600cc wow. thats alotta bike" He laughed and said his is a 2000 while pointing to the other bike

BTW I had to compliment him on the color he choose to paint his Kawi Hog. It was orange, but it had exactly the same intensity and vividness as the kawi lime green. He looked over at Wasabi and said "Hey..nice color, greens the fastest". LOL

Old May 10th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #65
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

there ya go!

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #66
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Funny but they were actually intimidated by you and all your gear. They really want to be able to wear protection but then they would look weak(or smart) in front of their buddies. If you would have pulled in and just waved and said hi they all would have felt that you were just another rider.

People always try to think what others are thinking. Most of the time they are wrong.

Just be friendly to everyone. Then if they blow you off it's on them and later they will think , that guy on the trick 250 was just trying to be nice, and their ole lady will kick their ass when they get home.
Oscar, You are 1000% on target.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #67
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by imunro View Post
I'm tired of people thinking that smaller bikes are somehow inferior. I get asked "So when are you upgrading to a bigger bike?" all the time! I use my bike mostly for commuting - the max speed limit on most city streets in Vancouver is 50km/h, so why on earth would I need a liter bike or a Busa? Besides, the 250R is a great bike to learn basic skills on and I don't feel like it's going to let me get myself into too much trouble. Arguably the larger bikes are a little more stylish, but to each their own. I'd rather get where I'm going in one piece than wind up as road pizza.
I tell them that I upgraded from a Norton 750--and that`s the truth.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #68
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:

Actually the desmosedici is a v4. All other Ducs (currently are L2). The dealers get more $ to adjust the valves and at some point the belt that opens (and closes) the valves needs to be replaced and that costs some $. Though as Alex said the desmosedici has free service for a while, and the other bikes have doubled their service intervals.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #69
Zero260
ninjette.org member

Name: Zero

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R

My neighbor has a Busa, the guy 3 houses down has a ZX-14. I pick on them for having more bike than skill. They just want to ride the highway and look cool. Very nice guys, but all ego. Me personally, I think my Ninja 250 is more fun to ride than my R6.
Zero260 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #70
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Was pickin up movies @ blockbuster tonite.. 2 guys polite but the usual smartass types introduced themselves... cool bike you drove up on .. I said thanx I appreciate that... 1 goes.. a 600 right? I say wrong.... 2009-N250 but thanx for that too...! He says "its looks like the size of a 600" I say.. yup and I pass those too! They do love the looks of this N-250!
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #71
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Becca

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250, 02 CBR600 f4i

Quote:
I know this is in jest but..

There are legitimate reasons for owning a 1k. Size is one of them. If you're a big guy, a bigger bike may suit you better.

Also, you may just plain *like* more engine. I hate seeing us stratify the sportbike world even more by hating on the people who don't ride 250s. I already hate the fact that we have the Harley/sportbike split going on; I don't like seeing the jeers against the people who don't ride the same size of bike.
Elfling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #72
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

When anyone asks you when your going to move up to a bigger bike.
your proper response should be

1. When are you going to quit compensating hp for your lack of skill?

2. Once I've made the fastest lap time in my class at the local track!

3. Say nothing, because if they have to ask then they don't get it.

Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #73
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfling View Post
I know this is in jest but..

There are legitimate reasons for owning a 1k. Size is one of them. If you're a big guy, a bigger bike may suit you better.

Also, you may just plain *like* more engine. I hate seeing us stratify the sportbike world even more by hating on the people who don't ride 250s. I already hate the fact that we have the Harley/sportbike split going on; I don't like seeing the jeers against the people who don't ride the same size of bike.
Thank you for understanding Becca. I did notice the 250 in your garage was pushed all the way to the back. It actually looked lonely.

Old May 30th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #74
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

That sort of thing happens around here ALL the time, being a beach community and all. Funny thing is, most of 'em are Sailors and Marines, who are REQUIRED to wear certain safety gear. They get munched without it, and the hospital bill is all theirs!

Seriously, though, don't let butt heads like that intimidate you. They're the ones usually have their silly little vests with their 'colors', novelty helmets, extended swing arms, and pay more monthly for the note on the custom wheels and paint than they put miles on the bike in a year. My experience over the years is that they're really good at keeping custom painters and frame polishers and the local cop in business, and not much else other than shooting off their mouth about how "Bad Ass" their bikes are, or how much of a "P#$$Y" you are for wearing your gear.

Just smile behind your visor, and ride your own race!

Most always, the geared up riders will wave back when on the road, the squids just sneer, kick it down a gear and speed off into the speed trap, and the Goldwing guys start looking again for the button that makes their hand wave! Then there's the Harley snobs, but that's another story........

Old May 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #75
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Kerry, I guess you won't be riding that R1 any more, you baby you.

Now I feel better.
Glad I made you feel better....... Iam just one big baby, seems like the R1 only see's the track anymore. Them cops seem to pick on me when I ride around here

^ lotta "seems" in there...... I must be drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeldren View Post
When anyone asks you when your going to move up to a bigger bike.
your proper response should be

1. When are you going to quit compensating hp for your lack of skill?

2. Once I've made the fastest lap time in my class at the local track!

3. Say nothing, because if they have to ask then they don't get it.

I like #3, What the hell are they talking about??

#2 - No change of cc is needed...... they bump you up, and you just get faster!

#1 - HP & lack of skill just dont last more than a week Just one of those things that takes care of them selfs.....
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2009, 04:04 PM   #76
Strider
Back on the Black!

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

Went up to the gas station to fill up today, and this guy pulls in on his Busa beside me. Nice bike, custom paint job.
I was about to compliment him on it when he gets off, takes off his helmet (his ONLY protection, he was in shorts and a t-shirt. No gloves, tennis shoes with no socks)
and he says to me : "Nice mini-bike", laughs, and goes inside.
I was in gear (as always) so I just shrug and finish the gas up. When he comes back out, I give him the thumbs up and said : "Later Squid"
He looked at me with the dumbest look I've ever seen on a college-age kid. He obviously didn't even know the term. I laughed all the way home...
Made my day
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #77
Kwattro
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): Hayabusa, 900F.

I get razzed about my Hayabusa all the time, because it's stock. Apparently I'm a lessor citizen because my bike doesn't have a 9 foot long swingarm and 12 months of mortgage payments in polished stuff attached to it. Not kidding. I didn't buy my bike because it's "top of the food chain" or whatever. I bought it because I'm big and it fits me well, it's a comfortable sport tourer and I got a wicked deal on it. Getting harassed because you have a 250 have nothing to do with you or your machine. It has everything to do with the other guys clinical problems between the ears.
Kwattro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #78
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Thank you for understanding Becca. I did notice the 250 in your garage was pushed all the way to the back. It actually looked lonely.
Yep, it's actually up for sale. I prefer my bigger bike now

Old May 30th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #79
Grn99Kawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Honda CBR600F4 (sold) 1999 Ninja 250 (sold)

I was out a good amount today and I saw quite a few bikes.. every one of them waved or waved back.. regardless of what they were riding..

I get a decent amount of compliments on my Ninja.. most dont know its 'just a 250'. At this time I have not 'outlearned' this bike nor can I ride it to its potential.. I took my first ride on the parkway today... if you know LI parkways there are 'spirited' drivers on it.. lol.. my ride to work is all side streets... well it was an experience.. haha.. got up to 70 on the on ramp... settled in at 60mph in the right hand lane.. stayed for one exit... fun stuff...

Most "real" riders will respect you strictly for riders.. pompous elitist squids are clowns.. you get them in every hobby..

1999 Kawi Racing Green Ninja 250 sold
Grn99Kawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #80
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grn99Kawi View Post

Most "real" riders will respect you strictly for riders.. pompous elitist squids are clowns.. you get them in every hobby..
So, so true.