ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 27th, 2009, 07:21 AM   #1
Jacksmeow
ninjette.org member

Name: Gale

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R; '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A, sometimes I ride my husband's '01 GSX-R 600

Airhawk seats?

One of my friends who rides a new Yamaha FZ6R was wondering if anyone here knows anything about Airhawk seats. She read somewhere that someone on a 250 Ninja rode across country on one. She's getting a sore butt on the gel seat she had installed on her Yamaha. She's going to ride from TN to Colorado for the AMA conference for women in August and wants to be as comfortable as possible, riding 500-600 miles per day.
Jacksmeow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #2
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Hi Gale,
I don't know anything about Airhawk, but lots of folks here have the Corbin seats. I've got one due to arrive in about 3 weeks, so I can't give you feedback on it yet, but Kelly, and Gary, and several others have been testing them for a while.

Old June 27th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #3
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Yamaha's saddles are usually softer than other manufacturer's seats. That's one of the reasons they're not very comfortable for long trips. If you're going to be in the saddle for a long time you need support, not more cushioning. These Airhawk seats appear to be add-ons to an already soft saddle. While it may feel fine initially, after a few hours in the saddle your butt is not going to like it. One of the reasons my Corbin is so comfortable is it's firmness. It makes it easier to scoot around on the saddle during turns and supports your butt where it counts on long highway trips. Adding more padding would negate both of those benefits.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #4
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I find the gym works great for me.