ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Forum Information

Notices

Old July 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #81
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Alright the other way I was invisoning was not working very well... But I thought of this instead...

(All white areas would be a no sticker area so will be what ever color you put it on. I can totally see this one on my car!)

Old July 9th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #82
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Why does that remind me of this?

167262086PVEloS_fs.jpg

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #83
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

The color maybe? Other than that I don't know why... (is teasing)

Old July 9th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #84
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
These questions may already have been answered in the various threads, so maybe all of this has been done, but a concise answer to all or most of 'em may be all that's left in my mind before kicking off a contest:
  • Size restrictions on vinyl. What are the max/min dimensions for entries.
  • How many, and/or which colors can be on the submissions.
  • Any other physical restrictions? Does the electronic format of the design matter?
  • Will the sticky part be on the front (so you can put it behind your windscreen), or on the back (so you can put it on the exterior of your bike, like on the fairings somewhere)?
  • Which company is going to make 'em once a winner is selected?
  • How much is it expected to cost? (minimum order, how much per sticker)
  • Who's going to order them and handle shipping to individuals who want them? (unless they can be ordered 1 at a time by those who want one from the manufacturer directly)
  • Dimensions for entries: 2"X4" (someone figure that out for me for those of us who use metric please? )
  • Colors: It's looking like to keep from getting pricey, we're going with a few basic colors. White, black, silver, red, blue, and yellow were already shown in this thread from one possible maker, and I'm thinking we shouldn't go too much farther than that without getting quite a bit more expensive. We probably want to limit entries to a single color for the design, as we will be printing whole decals in several different colors (aka some in all blue, some in all black, some in all white, etc.)
  • Physical Restrictions: Try not to make it too complex as that will also drive up the price. Other than that, make sure it says "Ninjette.org" on it somewhere and be creative! I would suggest trying to put your designs in a few different formats (.jpeg, etc.) just to be sure that it can be sent and read by the maker easily.
  • Sticky side: Will be on the back, so that the decal can be placed anywhere on the exterior of the bike. Most people have some form of tinted windscreen, so planning to put it on the inside may leave quite a few members out.
  • Manufacturer: Ken is looking like our best bet as of right now, and has already agreed to do the job, so I was planning on having him do it provided nobody objects. My reasons are that he already has quite a bit of quality experience (evidenced by his example and history in this thread), he already has the machine to cut the decals, he already has the materials in several different color possibilities.
  • Expected cost: Between $80 and $125 for 500 decals depending on complexity. Max price per decal expense only (based on this, not definite until we know how complex the final design is, which we won't know until AFTER the contest) is $0.25 plus shipping... (don't worry, I'll get there. )
  • Purchaser/Shipment: I was planning on handling that end of this as a bit of my portion of our friend Kkim's "pay it forward" ideal. As this is sorta my baby (not my original idea, but I've been playing with it a lot!) I'd like to have something to do with it other than organization while helping out my fellow ninjette members and the site itself. I didn't ask Ken if he was willing to handle all the shipping, and was assuming that I would send him the money for the initial order, he would send me the decals, I would collect the orders from members, and would then send the decals out from here.

Does that answer the questions well enough or is there more to do?

Old July 9th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #85
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

to convert from inches to cm, multiply by 2.54, or by 25.4 to get to mm

as for the sticky on the back because of the tinted windscreens - what about folks wanting to put it on their cars? If the marshals wouldn't get mad at me, inside the back window would be the most likely location for me on the cage...

Old July 9th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #86
Verus Cidere

Hmmm.... Good point. Hadn't thought of that. Ken, does your vinyl have color on both the front side and the adhesive side? If so, we can just flip the design for a few of the decals when we make them.

Old July 9th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #87
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus Cidere View Post
Does that answer the questions well enough or is there more to do?
Looks great to me! I'll put things together tomorrow and get this kicked off right... Thanks for all of your work on this so far!

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old July 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #88
kkim

Alex,

Could the sticker be sold through the ninjette.store?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #89
Alex
ninjette.org dude

No, that store is handled by CafePress; they only sell their own products through it. What's unique about all of those products is that they are cost-effective to make in lots of 1 with the equipment they have.

Old July 10th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #90
Ken08Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

Quote:
Hmmm.... Good point. Hadn't thought of that. Ken, does your vinyl have color on both the front side and the adhesive side? If so, we can just flip the design for a few of the decals when we make them.
No, only the front is colored, the back is usually just white. I have had decals on my car back windows for years without a problem. Just don't scrape them with an ice scraper and they will last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
These questions may already have been answered in the various threads, so maybe all of this has been done, but a concise answer to all or most of 'em may be all that's left in my mind before kicking off a contest:
  • Any other physical restrictions? Does the electronic format of the design matter?
  • Will the sticky part be on the front (so you can put it behind your windscreen), or on the back (so you can put it on the exterior of your bike, like on the fairings somewhere)?
  • Who's going to order them and handle shipping to individuals who want them? (unless they can be ordered 1 at a time by those who want one from the manufacturer directly)

Answer: I can cut up to 18" wide x over 10'
    Answer: I would like to keep it one color per decal to keep from having to layer the different colors.
    Answer: The software I use is called SignLab, I can use either .ai or .eps files without having to do any changes. I can use .bmp but it takes some work to get it cutable.
    Answer: Sticky on back, it will hold up on the outside of glass.
    Answer: Whoever wants to, I can or multiple people. Kevin's Garage said he is also capable. I will share the file with anyone capable of cutting these.
    Answer: No minimum order from me, cost unknown without seeing how complex they will be.
    Answer: I could mail out directly.
Ken08Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #91
kkim

Ken... Thank you for your contribution of time and effort to this forum.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #92
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith View Post
this is my current look.
I like your graphics. Alex, Medic, 68-70, 173Rd ABN Bde, N Co 75Th Rangers, RVN. Thanks for keeping the issue alive
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #93
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

So have I totally missed the thread for the contest or has it not started...havent been on for a couple days...too busy riding
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #94
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Contest is up and running as of right now!

Head over to this thread for all the details...

Old July 13th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #95
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Alex...you are the man!!

Old July 13th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #96
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

If we are not talented at all(well artistically at least)...can we make suggestions Alex? Maybe a color suggestion? Or should would leave it all up to the artists?

Old July 13th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #97
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Absolutely! Comments, suggestions, and anything else to help with either existing ideas or new ideas are just fine. I'd just prefer that to go in the linked thread, so this one can be solely actual entries that people have submitted. Otherwise in a few weeks time it will be to convoluted too figure out who submitted what when, and what they meant as their final entry (or entries). I'll move this post and your post right to the end of that other thread now...

Old July 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #98
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Thanks for movin the post alex...so my suggestion is one of color. I've made the suggestion before but I really like the gold/bronze on the front forks of a zx-6r. It stands out and IMO contrasts nicely with all the colors.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 13th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #99
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I like that color as well.

Old July 14th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #100
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

I got to thinking about this and while it would be nice to have a decal with an image on it... I wouldn't necessarily put it on my bike... My car? Yeah but my bike? Mmmm not so much.

I have no decals/stickers on my bike except what came on it.

Another site I used to post on (Local site) produced simple stickers in black, white, and silver...

Examples:

He got a silver one and a black one, putting the black ontop of the silver to give it the 3d look.

Old July 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #101
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

I agree about the whole picture thing on the bike...I'd do that with my car but I would rather have a ninjette decal for the bike

Old July 15th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #102
Buffalony

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

WINNER. LOL
one in black please

Old July 15th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #103
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I like that one too. But I gotta move both of these posts over to the discussion thread...

Old July 15th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #104
Verus Cidere

Hey guys. Sorry I've been camping since Saturday and just got back a few hours ago! Glad to see the contest is up and running! Anything else I can do to get this thing done, just let me know! It's my baby after all! Good luck all!

Old July 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #105
Verus Cidere

Those of you who have already made designs (Haydn, Bluetyke, etc.) make sure you upload them on the contest entry thread!

Old July 20th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #106
Buffalony

Hey guys is this going to be a sticker or vinyl?

Old July 20th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #107
Verus Cidere

Vinyl. We looked at the option of both, and vinyl is going to hold up to weather better, be easier and cheaper to make, and will probably look better in the long run.

Old July 21st, 2009, 09:49 AM   #108
Buffalony

Quote:
Vinyl. We looked at the option of both, and vinyl is going to hold up to weather better, be easier and cheaper to make, and will probably look better in the long run.
Ok. thanks Michael.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:19 AM   #109
Verus Cidere

Old July 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #110
n4v1n
ninjette.org member

Name: navin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

Should I make the bike smaller or does it match the size of the lettering?

P.S. I was surprised at how these actually turned out I would really love to put this on my bike even if i don't win lol
n4v1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #111
Verus Cidere

I think it looks great. I wouldn't resize it any.

Old July 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #112
istreefitty
sir posts a lot

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

wow yea I really like yours navin
istreefitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:16 PM   #113
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4v1n View Post
Here's the same logo as above, but the letters completely outlined, also other colors can be incorporated like the ones above. May be harder to have made, but certainly looks more interesting.

12x4 would be a good size or any size within that proportion.

As before the image(s) may not be used or reproduced without my permission, thanks.

BTW if you need larger sizes and or different file types just contact me I will provide them if they are needed
I just had to say that I LOVE this one!!

Old August 5th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #114
Alex
ninjette.org dude

post moved to discussion thread

Old August 7th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #115
ninjablk08
ninjette.org guru

Name: oscar

Motorcycle(s): blk ninja 250 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue.guineapig View Post

wow it's late. I'm going to bed.
More Ninja Green fun. And it can change colors as needed.
Used a different font and approach.
Oh yeah, undertail job on the 08 silhouette. Every Ninja needs a tush job.
i love the black and white one its sweet

Old August 7th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #116
Alex
ninjette.org dude

/moved last post to discussion thread

Old August 7th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #117
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Remember guys...all posts that have to do with the decal that arent actual submissions go here. We dont wanna make alex upset...I hear that dudes crazyyyyyyyy

Old August 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #118
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Old August 8th, 2009, 11:39 PM   #119
Verus Cidere

Where's all the other entries though???? I've even seen a few on this thread that haven't been entered. Alex, should we enter them for those people or do they have to put it up themselves? There are several good ones that just haven't been posted in the entry thread!

Old August 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #120
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Shoot 'em a PM that you think their entries would be great in the contest, and hopefully they'll respond in the next few days; in time to get them into the entry thread. If it gets real close with no response, then we can consider moving them over ourselves.