ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM   #1
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r

Adjustable footpeg vs rearset adjuster?

So after putting 100 miles on my Ninja ive come to the conclusion that I need to adjust the position of my foot to a more comfortable one. looks like Yoshimura adjuster plates would work but at $100 im looking for a cheaper alternative.

I came across these on ebay and searching for reviews or input on them has yielded nothing.
anyone ever try these or thoughts on these they seem they would work I just want to angle my foot down to the pedal as it is now my comfortable position is with my foot under the brake pedal and shift lever...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-CNC-Ad...2cd39c&vxp=mtr

rcruz17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

Those look interesting. I might have to investigate them.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM   #3
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

I am looking to move mine down and back, at 5'11" it feels like my knees are in my face. Guess the bike was made for those 5'6" and under
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2013, 12:57 PM   #4
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
if money is an issue i would seriously consider these. Still not super cheap but i would take these over that weird peg thing any day of the week. you will most likely have more adjustment with these as well....i'm guessing

http://www.a-lmotorsports.com/Produc...-adjuster.aspx

I could be wrong but i believe you want the ball of your foot on the peg while riding, so your toes should not be below either lever. Perhaps a guru of body position can chime in here before i get in to deep and suggest good peg to lever position that allows you to be comfortable on the pegs but at the same time allowing you to use the foot controls easily
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2013, 01:00 PM   #5
az3200
ninjette.org member

Name: AZ

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

is the difference in position going to be noticeable with these?
az3200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM   #6
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
For the ones OP posted it looks like there is a good bit of change between all the positions. Figure the little L part off the peg is ~ 3/4" long from center bolt to center bolt. So from top setting to bottom setting would be 1 1/2" change or any other way you draw straight arcross

They probably say somewhere

I was wondering what the heck they mounted to, but now i see i guess they just replace you OEM peg and mount directly to your OEM rearset. I wonder if they would then fold up like the OEM pegs?
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM   #7
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
For the ones OP posted it looks like there is a good bit of change between all the positions. Figure the little L part off the peg is ~ 3/4" long from center bolt to center bolt. So from top setting to bottom setting would be 1 1/2" change or any other way you draw straight arcross

They probably say somewhere

I was wondering what the heck they mounted to, but now i see i guess they just replace you OEM peg and mount directly to your OEM rearset. I wonder if they would then fold up like the OEM pegs?

Yes if you read the details on the auction they simply replace the oem footrest and maintain the spring fold up mechanism. It also specifies the length of component but I can picture this solving my problem I just can't find any more info on them.

Old June 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM   #8
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
if money is an issue i would seriously consider these. Still not super cheap but i would take these over that weird peg thing any day of the week. you will most likely have more adjustment with these as well....i'm guessing

http://www.a-lmotorsports.com/Produc...-adjuster.aspx

I could be wrong but i believe you want the ball of your foot on the peg while riding, so your toes should not be below either lever. Perhaps a guru of body position can chime in here before i get in to deep and suggest good peg to lever position that allows you to be comfortable on the pegs but at the same time allowing you to use the foot controls easily

saw these suggested in various threads but they appear to be out of stock for quite some time now

Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:18 AM   #9
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

I Know you said you wanted cheaper, but these are pretty much the same concept. They dont list the 250, but im sure there are some compatible ones. http://www.whaccessories.com/Foot-Pe...t-Kawasaki.htm

rear set adjusters would be the way to go though honestly.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:18 AM   #10
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
I Know you said you wanted cheaper, but these are pretty much the same concept. They dont list the 250, but im sure there are some compatible ones. http://www.whaccessories.com/Foot-Pe...t-Kawasaki.htm

rear set adjusters would be the way to go though honestly.
I didnt make the thread looking for cheap alternatives I want more info on there and noone seems to have tried em. I found yoshi adjuster plate knockoffs for $65 but I think Im going to spend $50 on these just to do a review for them since theres like nothing out there.

Old June 22nd, 2013, 03:11 PM   #11
Bigballsofpaint

i actually do know a guy who has the ones from the link i posted on his FJR for both himself and his wife. He loves them, i got the A&L adjusters but have yet to install them. My 250 hasnt gotten love in a while...

Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:23 AM   #12
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

Quote:
i actually do know a guy who has the ones from the link i posted on his FJR for both himself and his wife. He loves them, i got the A&L adjusters but have yet to install them. My 250 hasnt gotten love in a while...
are they on this forum? could they provide some pro/cons annoyances about them?

Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:38 AM   #13
Bigballsofpaint

lol, no, hes not on ninjette. Ex-coworker of mine and havent seen him in a few months. He only rides touring bikes, concours, fjr, goldwing. He had these on his last fjr and purchased them for his new one as well, so i would guess he liked them. Im just trying to give you another option, not sell you on them.

Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:20 AM   #14
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

Quote:
lol, no, hes not on ninjette. Ex-coworker of mine and havent seen him in a few months. He only rides touring bikes, concours, fjr, goldwing. He had these on his last fjr and purchased them for his new one as well, so i would guess he liked them. Im just trying to give you another option, not sell you on them.
oh ok thanks I was looking at my rearset closely and now I wonder if 25mm is enough to my understanding that is a full inch. Im waiting on seller to respond to buy them to top it up they ship from chine so might take a few weeks before I get a review going.

Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:01 AM   #15
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUkhM63wAQ

found this video on adjust pedals and I think this might just be what I need Im going to give this a try

*NOT MY VIDEO* props to the person who did it very informative even tho the naration get in the way a little but very useful in my opinion anyways.