ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

View Poll Results: Will you buy an iPhone 4S?
Yea! 9 33.33%
No, cuz I'm stuck in a contract! 8 29.63%
No, cuz Androids are better! 7 25.93%
No, cuz I don't have a smartphone and am not sure why I'm in this thread.... 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM   #81
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post

A test I just ran sitting comfortably on my couch. DL speed is a little sluggish today but it's still 4x faster than any other network. And yes, that is NASA 4G LTE. I hacked into their satellites.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2011, 07:40 PM   #82
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
that is NASA 4G LTE. I hacked into their satellites.
intradesting
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2011, 08:39 PM   #83
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Proof please! Thank you!
You don't say "mark my words" when you have current proof because with current proof your words aren't special. It's informed speculation, like a prediction an analyst might make. "Mark my words" is purely to to establish that I said it BEFORE it was proven. If I'm right, your proof will come with the iPhone 5 announcement. If not, then you can rub it in my face. It sounds like Sprint is willing to bet the company on the iPhone and the only way that makes sense is if they buy exclusivity for the next flagship model. Who knows what Steve Jobs' death may have done to the launch of the iPhone 5, but I suspect that it would have been announced by now at least if that had not happened.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2011, 10:26 PM   #84
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
You don't say "mark my words" when you have current proof because with current proof your words aren't special. It's informed speculation, like a prediction an analyst might make. "Mark my words" is purely to to establish that I said it BEFORE it was proven. If I'm right, your proof will come with the iPhone 5 announcement. If not, then you can rub it in my face. It sounds like Sprint is willing to bet the company on the iPhone and the only way that makes sense is if they buy exclusivity for the next flagship model. Who knows what Steve Jobs' death may have done to the launch of the iPhone 5, but I suspect that it would have been announced by now at least if that had not happened.
I can't remember a time when Apple announced a product a year before it arrived. In fact they keep things very tight lipped.

And maybe sprint is willing to lay down 20B but what makes you think AT&T and Verizon would not fight to keep the iPhone? The iPhone is a MAJOR part of AT&T (the iPhone is responsible for the majority of my paychecks)

Mark my words There is no way in hell that AT&T would ever give up the iPhone
AFM #676

Old October 31st, 2011, 10:32 PM   #85
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13

derp
AFM #676

Old November 1st, 2011, 02:35 AM   #86
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
I can't remember a time when Apple announced a product a year before it arrived. In fact they keep things very tight lipped.

And maybe sprint is willing to lay down 20B but what makes you think AT&T and Verizon would not fight to keep the iPhone? The iPhone is a MAJOR part of AT&T (the iPhone is responsible for the majority of my paychecks)

Mark my words There is no way in hell that AT&T would ever give up the iPhone
You missed something very big: EVERYONE who knows anything about this stuff was expecting two new iPhones to be announced AND RELEASED during this cycle: The iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5. We aren't talking about them announcing a product a year in advance. The same people claiming this clearly had inside information as they correctly predicted the announcment of the iPhone 4S months early.

Releasing two models was supposedly why the next model was delayed and why the Chinese accessory manufacturers were making cases for a teardrop-shaped iPhone with a larger screen and an oval Home button (or, rather, a Home button "area;" rumor was that it would be a touch-sensitive bezel with no actual button). These sources have never been wrong before and likely aren't "wrong" now... just a little mind-changing by Apple due to a deal with Sprint.

Sprint's switch to LTE, acknowledgement of the Apple deal, dissapointment at the Let's Talk iPhone event, etc is all perfectly timed, don't you think?

Many expected the iPhone 4S to be the "cheap enough to sell off-contract" model and the iPhone 5 to be the upgraded model, but with it's upgrades, the iPhone 5 will have to be called something else if it isn't announced and released sometime soon or else it will solidly be the sixth model.

Old November 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM   #87
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
If you could post up some links that would be great, because I can't find anything about what you are talking about anywhere.

Also, everyone in my store is getting a new LTE phone woohoo!
AFM #676

Old November 1st, 2011, 08:31 PM   #88
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

having a fake operator app is lame
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 05:47 PM   #89
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Actually it's pretty damn cool haha. Last week OREO launched an LTE network and I hacked into that one as well. I was downloading faster than a cookie.
AFM #676

Old November 4th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #90
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
If you could post up some links that would be great, because I can't find anything about what you are talking about anywhere.

Also, everyone in my store is getting a new LTE phone woohoo!
This one seems to have links to everything I've talked about, though I've never seen this one in particular:
http://www.technobuffalo.com/compani...imax-iphone-5/

Also, it's the first one I've seen suggesting any kind of exclusivity for Sprint. So far, that's been exclusively my own conclusion. They (rightly) claim that the "WiMax" claim for exclusivity is far-fetched and bogus, just like expecting LTE in a 2011 model iPhone. Note that it was written before iPhone 4S, Siri, or the CONFIRMED Sprint deal were even announced.

Old November 5th, 2011, 05:09 AM   #91
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I need an Iphone. Should I go with AT&T? Can an Iphone use the wifi in my house and work to get on the internet, not using any off the data plan? Iphone 3s is free w/ 2 yr contract, Iphone 4 is $149.00 w/ contract and Iphone 4s is $299 w/ contract. I can't decide

Old November 5th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #92
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
I need an Iphone. Should I go with AT&T? Can an Iphone use the wifi in my house and work to get on the internet, not using any off the data plan? Iphone 3s is free w/ 2 yr contract, Iphone 4 is $149.00 w/ contract and Iphone 4s is $299 w/ contract. I can't decide
It depends on the coverage in your area. I work for AT&T so I am biased on AT&T your phone will DL up to 10x faster than sprint or Verizon, however Verizon does have better coverage. 3Gs is a piece of ****, don't get it. iPhone 4 is $99 w/ contract and 4s is $199 w/ contract. 4s will take up to 4 weeks to arrive. Whenever you are on wifi you are not using your data, also with AT&T you get acces to 26,000 wifi hotspots that we have set up across the country.

Also factor in tax, case, and screen protector to the final cost
AFM #676

Old November 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #93
ruben
ninjette.org member

Name: ruben

Motorcycle(s): Civic SI / future 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
get the 4s. if youre going to jump into the iphone world, might as well do it at its current peak. stay away from 3gs as its way outdated.
ruben is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #94
ruben
ninjette.org member

Name: ruben

Motorcycle(s): Civic SI / future 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
You missed something very big: EVERYONE who knows anything about this stuff was expecting two new iPhones to be announced AND RELEASED during this cycle: The iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5. We aren't talking about them announcing a product a year in advance. The same people claiming this clearly had inside information as they correctly predicted the announcment of the iPhone 4S months early.

Releasing two models was supposedly why the next model was delayed and why the Chinese accessory manufacturers were making cases for a teardrop-shaped iPhone with a larger screen and an oval Home button (or, rather, a Home button "area;" rumor was that it would be a touch-sensitive bezel with no actual button). These sources have never been wrong before and likely aren't "wrong" now... just a little mind-changing by Apple due to a deal with Sprint.

Sprint's switch to LTE, acknowledgement of the Apple deal, dissapointment at the Let's Talk iPhone event, etc is all perfectly timed, don't you think?

Many expected the iPhone 4S to be the "cheap enough to sell off-contract" model and the iPhone 5 to be the upgraded model, but with it's upgrades, the iPhone 5 will have to be called something else if it isn't announced and released sometime soon or else it will solidly be the sixth model.
i really dont understand the logic of ever releasing two different phones. thatll just confuse the hell out of the public. everything is just rumors unless it comes from apples mouth. the only thing that confirms rumors is apple going after 'leaked' material. example being the iphone 4/gizmodo fiasco. previous to that it was the fat ipod nano had a leaked photo that apples legal team came after. both were true leaks as confirmed with the keynotes.
ruben is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #95
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben View Post
i really dont understand the logic of ever releasing two different phones. thatll just confuse the hell out of the public. everything is just rumors unless it comes from apples mouth. the only thing that confirms rumors is apple going after 'leaked' material. example being the iphone 4/gizmodo fiasco. previous to that it was the fat ipod nano had a leaked photo that apples legal team came after. both were true leaks as confirmed with the keynotes.
Samsung released the Galaxy S 2 last month, tomorrow they are releasing the samsung galaxy s 2 skyrocket, a phone that has a more powerful processor, LTE, and a bigger screen

LOLWUT?
AFM #676

Old November 6th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #96
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 white se 250r , 2008 zx6R

thats the only problem with android, they release there newest and fastest phones monthly.. no sooner then you get the newest android phone out, boom! theres another one thats better ..loL!
greatwhiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote