Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old May 21st, 2012, 07:28 AM   #1
sonorcal
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Dainese Air Flux or Rev'it Airwave??

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a Summer Mesh jacket for the hot SoCal summers. I've narrowed it down to either a Dainese AirFlux or a Rev'it Airwave. Anyone have any experience/opinions or suggestions?

Looking to pull the trigger this week. I'll post pictures/links when i get home from work

PS. if anyone is ever around orange county, make an effort to check out the Dainese D-Store in Costa Mesa. They had some CRAZY sale items (50-60% off). Would have picked up a jacket, but i can't fit anything below a 50.
sonorcal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Kristofferzero
ninjette.org member

Name: Kristoffer

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 (sold)

Well I own the Dainese Air Frame and crashed in it. The jacket feels like you're only wearing a t shirt with the liner out at times and the crash (30 MPH) only left a small tear on the chest.

The Flux and Frame seem pretty similar but the drawback is they don't come with back protection. I bought the SAS-TEC back protector and cut it to fit.

I'm sorry I can't say anything about the Revit jacket. But really, I don't think either would be a bad choice and they're both pretty similar. The Revit jacket offers more protection right away though so I'd go with the Revit one; plus I think most Revit jackets can fit the SAS-TEC without having to trim to fit.
Kristofferzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Boomstick1491
ninjette.org member

Name: Carlos Spicy Wiener

Motorcycle(s): Too many

I own the Rev'It Airwave pants and a Dainese Shotgun, though I seriously considered the Air Flux. The pants flow air, but I generally wear them as over pants, which means my legs are still pretty warm in the summer heat we've been having recently. Without pants underneath, they are great. I suspect the jacket is the same. Obviously Rev'It is great stuff, but I am not wild about the styling of their jackets, which is why I don't own one. I think they look nice, but I am never thrilled with their color swatches.

As for the Dainese, I bought the Shotgun after going back and forth about the Air Flux for a week with RevZilla CS. It ultimately came down to wanting a slightly higher degree of protection, though in the 97 degree heat we had the other day, I was wishing I had the Air Flux, since that thing is about the lightest jacket I have ever touched/seen. I'd honestly recommend that if you're looking for absolute max air flow, but the Airwave might be a good choice if you're looking for more protection. If you want more protection than the Air Flux and like Dainese, get the Shotgun. I love the look of my red one.
Boomstick1491 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM   #4
geeker
ninjette.org guru

Name: Richie

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda CRF300L Rally, 2015 Ninja ZX6R 636, 2014 Ninja 1000, 2013 Ninja 300 (sold), 2011 Ninja 250R (sold)

I just ordered the Airwave jacket and pants from RevZilla on Friday. I'll be sure to come back to this thread after I get it. I also ordered the Knox back protector to go with it. I have a Forcefield Pro Sub 4 back protector as well. I am anxious to test them out.

Last futzed with by geeker; June 4th, 2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Proofread
geeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #5
sonorcal
ninjette.org member

Thanks for the responses guys.

I actually pulled the trigger on the Airwave also. I went to try on the Dainese Air Flux at a local cycle gear, and it really seems that Dainese skimped on a lot of features. After watching the review of the airwave on revzilla, I decided to go for it. It should be here soon

Old June 4th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #6
Boomstick1491
ninjette.org member

Name: Carlos Spicy Wiener

Motorcycle(s): Too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorcal View Post
Thanks for the responses guys.

I actually pulled the trigger on the Airwave also. I went to try on the Dainese Air Flux at a local cycle gear, and it really seems that Dainese skimped on a lot of features. After watching the review of the airwave on revzilla, I decided to go for it. It should be here soon
Nice dude. Rev'It stuff is top notch, though I have to hand it to Dainese on styling. That's just me though. You'll definitely enjoy the jacket when it arrives. Stay cool!!!
Boomstick1491 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #7
sonorcal
ninjette.org member

My Rev'it Airwave just came in. The build quality is really really outstanding. Compared to the Dianese Air Flux, I am certain i made the correct choice.

The only gripe I have with the jacket is the neck is a very snug fit. Its pretty tough to get the button to close (I got a size medium. I am 5'7", 165lbs, 15.5" neck). Other than that, i am a happy camper! Now all I need is bike

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #8
Kristofferzero
ninjette.org member

Name: Kristoffer

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorcal View Post
My Rev'it Airwave just came in. The build quality is really really outstanding. Compared to the Dianese Air Flux, I am certain i made the correct choice.

The only gripe I have with the jacket is the neck is a very snug fit. Its pretty tough to get the button to close (I got a size medium. I am 5'7", 165lbs, 15.5" neck). Other than that, i am a happy camper! Now all I need is bike
Nice one man. Hope you get a bike soon!
Kristofferzero is offline   Reply With Quote