ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old December 8th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1
drunyon
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

WTB: 08-12 Carb!!!

I messed up the threads for my main jet on my carb and I need a replacement now. I've seen some on ebay but I'd rather buy from a legit ninjette member.

I need the 08-12 carb, idc what jet's are in it cuz i'll be putting 112's in it. If its already got 112's i may pay you more.
Please PM me if you have one and the price shipped to zip 62258. I need it by about March or I'll be buying one on ebay to have a shop install.

Thanks
drunyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #2
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunyon View Post
I messed up the threads for my main jet on my carb and I need a replacement now. I've seen some on ebay but I'd rather buy from a legit ninjette member.

I need the 08-12 carb, idc what jet's are in it cuz i'll be putting 112's in it. If its already got 112's i may pay you more.
Please PM me if you have one and the price shipped to zip 62258. I need it by about March or I'll be buying one on ebay to have a shop install.

Thanks
I don't have one available, but I have bought two full carbs (technically that would be four) from eBay before. Yes, a Ninjetter would be a pretty safe bet, but if careful I wouldn't worry too much about eBay. Many of the used parts are sold from wrecking yards, and are legit businesses. I'm sure I don't need to mention to check eBay rep/feedback before buying. The one thing I learned was too look really closely at the picture (is the picture of the exact item shipped), read description carefully, and don't buy used if you're only saving a few dollars.... but there are fantastic deals there. I've bought everything from single parts, to a barely used engine from eBay. The only part that wasn't really in good enough condition to be used was a pre-gen carb, and the description did say it was pretty messy and needed some serious cleaning. I bought it anyways because all I wanted were the diaphragms and a crappy carb made it an even cheaper buy. All in all, no complaints. So, my point is if you don't get bites here, don't worry to much; just be smart about it.

One more point.... unless you're REALLY uncomfortable with a wrench, or have the money and don't care, you can install it yourself. Also since you aren't running a stock bike, expect that you'll need to re-jet. I found that jetting was not only engine specific, but also carb specific. When I put in a new set of carbs on my old engine (with the same settings), it wasn't happy. Hopefully you'll be close though.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #3
drunyon
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I don't have one available, but I have bought two full carbs (technically that would be four) from eBay before. Yes, a Ninjetter would be a pretty safe bet, but if careful I wouldn't worry too much about eBay. Many of the used parts are sold from wrecking yards, and are legit businesses. I'm sure I don't need to mention to check eBay rep/feedback before buying. The one thing I learned was too look really closely at the picture (is the picture of the exact item shipped), read description carefully, and don't buy used if you're only saving a few dollars.... but there are fantastic deals there. I've bought everything from single parts, to a barely used engine from eBay. The only part that wasn't really in good enough condition to be used was a pre-gen carb, and the description did say it was pretty messy and needed some serious cleaning. I bought it anyways because all I wanted were the diaphragms and a crappy carb made it an even cheaper buy. All in all, no complaints. So, my point is if you don't get bites here, don't worry to much; just be smart about it.

One more point.... unless you're REALLY uncomfortable with a wrench, or have the money and don't care, you can install it yourself. Also since you aren't running a stock bike, expect that you'll need to re-jet. I found that jetting was not only engine specific, but also carb specific. When I put in a new set of carbs on my old engine (with the same settings), it wasn't happy. Hopefully you'll be close though.
Well I'm putting 112's in it anyways. What I planned to do is if I have a shop install the carb, which in order for me to get the old one off requires screwing with the cables, then I'd install the jets, and the needles myself in the 'new carb', then take it to a shop and say switch these for me. can't be more than an hours worth of work at all. Cause I dont wanna mess with the throttle cable. f that lol.
I've seen a few on ebay for 100-150, but I know it'll be until Feb when i'd purchase one. Just picked up a 98 S10 Custom that I need to put tie rod ends on and tires.

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Throttle cable and choke is easy, it just slots in a hole
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #5
drunyon
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Throttle cable and choke is easy, it just slots in a hole
adjustment and getting that screw off the side of the carb. I've tried.

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #6
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
The screw? What? You dust loosen the cable and it slides out, then slide it back in and tighten it
AFM #676

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #7
drunyon
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
The screw? What? You dust losses the cable and it slides out, then slide it back in and tighten it
the screw that holds the bracket onto the side of the carb

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
the screw that holds the bracket onto the side of the carb
Lol you don't take that off. You just loosen the cables and then they come out of the holes, then you put them back in the holes and tighten them up. No loose parts
AFM #676

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #9
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
should call it a carbie.

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #10
drunyon
ninjette.org member

I might be able to do that. Hell it would only cost me like $77 to have it done at a shop. I mean whats the worst that can happen if i do it myself........well if i had a shop do the jetting for me i wouldn't have to be buying a new carb :-/

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #11
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Lol
AFM #676

Old December 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #12
headshrink

I guess we should have asked why you wanted new carbs to begin with. Check out all the DIYs on carbs and jetting. You will learn lots.

Old December 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #13
drunyon
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I guess we should have asked why you wanted new carbs to begin with. Check out all the DIYs on carbs and jetting. You will learn lots.
I read a lot on the jetting lately. I just hate that the damn thing broke off inside of it. stupid soft metals.

Old December 11th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #14
headshrink

Quote:
I read a lot on the jetting lately. I just hate that the damn thing broke off inside of it. stupid soft metals.
What part broke?

EDIT: NM, just re-read OP.

Old December 12th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #15
drunyon
ninjette.org member

Yeah and I have a full tank of gas just chillin in my garage now lol.

Old December 13th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #16
drunyon
ninjette.org member

Disconnect throttle cables: Leave the cables on the bracket and unscrew the single screw holding the bracket on. You won't have to re-adjust the cables AND it's faster

The screw holding it on seemed very very tight to me.