ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old December 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Byrne confirmed at PBM alongside Easton in BSB

'Shakey' is back to try and reclaim the BSB title.

IT has been officially confirmed that Shane 'Shakey' Byrne will contest the 2014 British Superbike Championship with Stuart Easton at Paul Bird Motorsport.

Byrne reached a record breaking 51 race wins in the British Superbike Championship surpassing Ryuichi Kiyonari's 43 victories. Despite this, the 37-year-old finished second in this years BSB Championship behind Samsung Honda's Alex Lowes.

Byrne said: "Paul and I agreed a deal ages back and I'm made up I'll be racing for the PBM Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team once again in 2014.

"We came so close to defending our title that it makes us even more determined to win it back this season and I know I've got the most competitive package to do that. We had a successful test in Spain earlier this week so I'm feeling confident already."

Joining Byrne on the Rapid Solicitors-backed Kawasaki ZX-10R is reigning British Supersport Champion Stuart Easton who last raced in BSB in 2012 where he made his comeback after sever injuries sustained in a crash at the North West 200 in 2011.

Talking about rejoining the British Superbike Championship, Easton said: "I'm pleased to be back in BSB on the Kawasaki ZX-10. It was brilliant to win the British Supersport title last year as it got me fit and back to form so now I feel I'm ready to step up to BSB again which is where I want to be.

"My first run out on the bike in Spain was very positive and I was on the pace so can't wait for another outing in preparation for the season ahead."

PBM team owner Paul Bird, who also runs a team in MotoGP, concluded: "As for BSB, it really hurt us losing our crown to Honda of all people so Shakey's back to try and reclaim it and Stuart will be a major contender too."

Related Content

Haga replaces Farmer in BSB
BSB: Bird Motorsport back with Tamada and Parkes
PBM to remain in BSB for 2014
Suzuki Burgman 125 revised for 2014
Stuart Easton NW200 crash update

Click here for full story...