ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old August 16th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #1
slolee
ninjette.org member

Name: United States

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki ninja 250r (sold), 2008 Triumph speed triple, 2004 Suzuki SV650, Kawasaki 2006 kx65

Smile continuous lap timer plus color coded downloads

Saw this recommended by Bueller at Colorado Sport Bikes. Check this out. IPhone app called "lapping coach lap timer" at ITunes. Expensive as far as apps go but it gives you a continuous update on how this lap compares to the one you just completed. It's continuous. For eg. you were .04 faster on turn 8 this lap compared to the last lap. At the end download the session and see where you accelerated, braked, coasted all color coded. It doesn't give you a lap time that starts at 00.00. Can really help.
slolee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #2
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): Bunch of em

Any ideas on safe mounting of the iPhone on a race bike? And thanks for the tip!

Old August 18th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #3
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBikeRentals View Post
Any ideas on safe mounting of the iPhone on a race bike? And thanks for the tip!
RAM mounts? I use one to mount my camera on my bars and it's pretty secure. I'm pretty sure they have an iphone specific adapter too

Or get one of these so you can pretend your calling your secret base commander for mission updates whenever you complete a lap:

Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Bueller999
Oldie but a goodie

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 650r, 06 SV 650 race, 08 250r race, 03 Buell XB9s, 01 KTM 300 EXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slolee View Post
Saw this recommended by Bueller at Colorado Sport Bikes. Check this out. IPhone app called "lapping coach lap timer" at ITunes.
It wasn't me I don't do that iTurd stuff That was Cornfed that found that one.
I am all about the droid, my apps are free! I am using "Chronogps" and as of late I have switched to "GPS Laps"

I made a mount for a Vapor awhile ago but didn't use it so I am using it with some velcro to hold a holster carrier (snapped the belt clip off). phone snaps in very securely.

ABRacing
Bueller999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #5
slolee
ninjette.org member

Name: United States

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki ninja 250r (sold), 2008 Triumph speed triple, 2004 Suzuki SV650, Kawasaki 2006 kx65

Sorry, Dave, didn't mean to misquote you. After re-reading the post, I didn't quite understand things. For the sake of clarity here is the post from Cornfed where I got your name. "IPhone GPS Lap Timer"
So Bueller turn me on to a GPS lap timer he downloaded through his phone App store. I think he has a Droid or something because I couldnt find the same App that he had. I did search on my IPhone App store and found a GPS Lap timer that learns the track as you ride it so there is no searching and downloading the track map to make it work. It works pretty fricken good. The only thing I dont like, or havent got used to is that it doesnt give you a start/finish time. Once it has learned the track, (it takes about a lap and half), it displays your real time pace, i.e. your running a 1min 10 second pace in the case of IMI, rather than duration of the lap starting at 0:00. Once you stop you can then review each lap time, mph, braking/neutral/acceleration points, fastest lap and highest mph. Im sure it does more but Im still tryin to figure it out.

The app is called "Lapping Coach Lap Timer" Its a $30 app which seems like a lot until you figure a new lap timer and beacon runs almost $300.

Hope this is of use to someone.
slolee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #6
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

I'm confused between Harry's lap timer and Lapping coach lap timer... Any tips?

Old February 25th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

Unless the phone has a 10hz gps it wont be accurate, (I used to use the Android ones)
and not too sure why you need onboard, you dont get a chance to look,
too much else to focus on like being .04 faster.

Good 10Hz gps laptimers are only $200.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Qstarz-BT...-/180993466971
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #8
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
Unless the phone has a 10hz gps it wont be accurate, (I used to use the Android ones)

Yep, which is why I went all out and bought this... Not sure if it's 10hz, but from what I know, I believe anything more than 5hz is good. Also this is recommended by Harry's lap timer. Also, I've bought the Lapping coach lap timer only to be quiet disappointed, at least initially. I haven't used it yet and frankly, I don't know how to. The startup screen is simply a blank page with a sample session. No buttons, no menus no options... Nada... The only option immediately available is to change the units from mph to kph and vice versa in the iPhone settings menu. Anyone here ever use this?

Old February 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #9
sowega
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 899, 748, 250, 250, 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post

Exactly. We have a local meathead that swears he was running expert times on his CBR at a trackday, based on his iPhone GPS laptimer. His laps looked like this:

1:10
1:09
1:11
1:02
1:14
1:07

Can you guess which lap may've been a little inaccurate?