dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ator View Post
The seller just got a TON of negative feedback from other buyers
All which came from 3 people...

Come on guys. It was a mistake. Put yourself in their shoes.

So they are chitowncycle today and they'll be chitowncycle2 tomorrow with all new positive feedback. No biggie

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 04:51 AM   #43
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bobby

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Seriously. That's pretty jacked up.

I can understand it if you saw one thing that was priced too low, you bought it, and then all this happened. But that's not what happened at all.....you guys knew 100% that this was a mess-up and you tried to take advantage of the company/mistake. Then, when you couldn't, you leave negative feedback? I mean, really? Did you guys honestly expect to get $500 worth of gear for like $50? Did you guys honestly believe that the company meant to sell the gear for $5.95?
rmorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 05:36 AM   #44
ator
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
Seriously. That's pretty jacked up.

I can understand it if you saw one thing that was priced too low, you bought it, and then all this happened. But that's not what happened at all.....you guys knew 100% that this was a mess-up and you tried to take advantage of the company/mistake. Then, when you couldn't, you leave negative feedback? I mean, really? Did you guys honestly expect to get $500 worth of gear for like $50? Did you guys honestly believe that the company meant to sell the gear for $5.95?
I have not left any feedback at all....yet

Read back a little, here is what the Ebay rep told me

Quote:
After looking at my account, the Ebay rep told me that if the seller listed the items for $5.95 (or whatever) that they should have honored those prices and sold the items.

He could see all the items I purchased and the prices. He agreed that this was probably a mistake, BUT the seller is obligated by Ebays policys to honor that price.

He also said that although Ebay could not actually force the seller to honor the price, he recommends that if the seller is unwilling to honor his price, to leave negative feedback.

He asked if I tried to contact the seller (I did) He said to keep trying, if after 7 days from auction end I am not satisfied to "PLEASE LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. This way other buyers can be aware of this seller's practices, and it will also hurt their standing with Ebay."
Great deals happen all the time on ebay, heck, thats why I shop there. Place could be going out of business, you never know. But NO CUMMUNICATION AT ALL!!!!

If the seller had a software glitch that caused this error I could understand that. But if thats the case, I'm sure he would have the capabilties to generate and send out a mass email to all the buyers explaining the situation and asking for understanding. That did not happen. Infact there was ZERO attempts at communication from to seller to anyone.

Also, the EBAY rep told me that there policys are much different today then in the past. It would be much, much, more difficult for the seller to simply open a new ebay account under a new name.

Last futzed with by ator; June 1st, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
ator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:43 AM   #45
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quick poll,

whos actually sold stuff on ebay? if you haven't, then stop arguing. Ive sold stuff for less than I wanted to because I messed up and didnt put a reserve. It sucked and that was my bad, yet I still sent it out because I was contractually obligated to. A simple solution would have been to send out the cheapest item for that price, then a mass email explaining the situation. THEN you would have been a douche for leaving negative feed back. They deserve negative feed back plain and simple. They arent good sellers as they are completely lacking in costumer service. Leave negative feedback, you dont need to defend it. You're in the right here.

*I use ebay to buy and sell things on a semi regular basis.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:46 AM   #46
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Quick poll: Who ACTUALLY thought that the $5.95 was a legit price and NOT a mistake?

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:50 AM   #47
dubojr1

Quote:
Quick poll: Who ACTUALLY thought that the $5.95 was a legit price and NOT a mistake?
I like your poll better.

And just for the record... I've sold items on eBay although I'm not really sure why this came up. I guess he'll title me as a troll again...

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:53 AM   #48
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

I just want to be clear....I absolutely agree that the seller did not communicate with you guys. 100% agree. I believe that he/she should have contacted everyone who bought items, once he discovered his mistake, and explained what happened.

I also believe that people knew that it was a mistake and tried to take advantage of it, and then got pissed off when they couldn't.

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:55 AM   #49
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
Quick poll,

whos actually sold stuff on ebay? if you haven't, then stop arguing. Ive sold stuff for less than I wanted to because I messed up and didnt put a reserve. It sucked and that was my bad, yet I still sent it out because I was contractually obligated to. A simple solution would have been to send out the cheapest item for that price, then a mass email explaining the situation. THEN you would have been a douche for leaving negative feed back. They deserve negative feed back plain and simple. They arent good sellers as they are completely lacking in costumer service. Leave negative feedback, you dont need to defend it. You're in the right here.

*I use ebay to buy and sell things on a semi regular basis.
I do buy and sell on ebay. Alot more buying in the last few yeas, but have sold tons of stuff in the past.

I made a mistake once and sold a Diamond Back Joker BMX for $12.00 But I sucked it up and sold it anyway. As an individual seller, it would have killed my rating and it would have been extremly difficult to sell in the future.

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:57 AM   #50
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

I think there is a difference in a one item mistake and an entire inventory mistake....

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:00 AM   #51
dubojr1

Quote:
I just want to be clear....I absolutely agree that the seller did not communicate with you guys. 100% agree. I believe that he/she should have contacted everyone who bought items, once he discovered his mistake, and explained what happened.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM   #52
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:

I also believe that people knew that it was a mistake and tried to take advantage of it, and then got pissed off when they couldn't.
I honestly didn't think it was a mistake, here's why:

1)Seller could be going out of business

2)Items could be outdated (prior years items)

3)Most items I bought were things like T-Shirts, socks, compression pants/shirts. Items that could have a legitimate sales price of $5.95

I agree that some buyers were potentially trying to take advantage (buy at $5.95 and sell for a profit)

But, I was not. I also believe alot of buyers simply wanted to purchase their items.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM   #53
dubojr1

oh massacremasses is replying now. This should be good...

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:05 AM   #54
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I think there is a difference in a one item mistake and an entire inventory mistake....
And thats where the communication comes into play......

We cannot force the seller to sell at those prices, but we can voice our displeasure with the seller through our feedback.

The seller made a mistake, instead of owning up to it or even acknowleding it, he simply ignored it.

In my opinion, any feedback he gets will be deserved.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:05 AM   #55
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
I like your poll better.

And just for the record... I've sold items on eBay although I'm not really sure why this came up. I guess he'll title me as a troll again...
You clearly dont understand what a "troll" is.

It came up because you SHOULD know how it works then. You are contractually obligated to sell the item FOR the stated price. Mistake or not. To make it worse, not only did they not sell it for the mistaken price they did not contact the buyers and explain the situation. This is the perfect time to leave negative feeback. The seller needs to be aware that their actions are not appropriate and that they need to work on their communication skills.

Quote:

Right, so they are leaving negative feedback, which they should.

Quote:
Right, and I wouldnt even have expect them to give them all the stuff at that price, but it should have at least been addressed. It wasnt. Negative feed back. simple as that.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:06 AM   #56
dubojr1

Quote:

3)Most items I bought were things like T-Shirts, socks, compression pants/shirts. Items that could have a legitimate sales price of $5.95

I agree that some buyers were potentially trying to take advantage (by at $5.95 and sell for a profit)

But, I was not. I also believe alot of buyers simply wanted to purchase their items.
Some valid points however even when a business is clearing inventory generally the prices drop by maybe 50% and not the 99% . The $6 would barely cover shipping on the items much less the item plus free shipping.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:06 AM   #57
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
oh massacremasses is replying now. This should be good...
boarder line trolling.

against T.O.S. btw.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:07 AM   #58
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Quote:

I agree that some buyers were potentially trying to take advantage (by at $5.95 and sell for a profit)

The reason I didn't think it was a going out of business/outdated items is because the $5.95 wouldn't even have covered shipping. An opening bid of 0.01 with buyer paying shipping would have made sense then. But, it's all good. If you thought that, and weren't trying to take advantage of a mistake, then good for you.

(I don't mean that sarcastically at all. Seriously.)

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:07 AM   #59
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Since I can't leave NEG fedback till Friday, and my funds are being held, and the seller refuses to even acknowledge my emails, I have re-paid for one of the items.

The item I re-paid for is a t-shirt. It has to be the lowest base cost item I purchased.

If the seller sends me the shirt, he will get all positive feedback. If he simply refunds my money again with no contact, he gets all negative.
I actually can't leave feedback till after 7 days, so tomorrow (Saturday) will be the earliest I can leave neg feedback.

Still waiting on the t-shirt or another refund.....

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:09 AM   #60
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Ok, so....I guess I'm on the same page with the misscommunication thing. But I'm still torn on it, since I knew right from the beginning that it was a mistake. That's why I didn't try buying any of them....

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:10 AM   #61
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
I actually can't leave feedback till after 7 days, so tomorrow (Saturday) will be the earliest I can leave neg feedback.

Still waiting on the t-shirt or another refund.....
maybe if they send you the t-shirt give them neutral. Just because of poor communication.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:15 AM   #62
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Ok, so....I guess I'm on the same page with the misscommunication thing. But I'm still torn on it, since I knew right from the beginning that it was a mistake. That's why I didn't try buying any of them....
AFTER I purchased the items, and all the prices changed, AT THAT POINT, I figured it was a mistake. And AT THAT POINT I expected some sort of commuication from seller. I would have accepted that and moved on. But, that did not happen, only a refund with an InCorrect reason for refund.

I've even sent emails to the seller after the refunds, only asking for an explanation. I even acknowledged that there must have been a mistake. But I recieved no response.

Last futzed with by ator; June 1st, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:16 AM   #63
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
maybe if they send you the t-shirt give them neutral. Just because of poor communication.
If I get the T-Shirt I might just leave no feedback, we'll see. But I fully expect another refund with no communication from the seller.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:16 AM   #64
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Maybe they don't speak english, lol.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:17 AM   #65
dubojr1

Quote:
You clearly dont understand what a "troll" is.

It came up because you SHOULD know how it works then. You are contractually obligated to sell the item FOR the stated price. Mistake or not. To make it worse, not only did they not sell it for the mistaken price they did not contact the buyers and explain the situation. This is the perfect time to leave negative feeback. The seller needs to be aware that their actions are not appropriate and that they need to work on their communication skills.

Right, so they are leaving negative feedback, which they should.

Right, and I wouldnt even have expect them to give them all the stuff at that price, but it should have at least been addressed. It wasnt. Negative feed back. simple as that.
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

So the worst that should be said then is that the seller has poor communication. Maybe he had thousands of people to communicate the problem with and maybe he is addressing them each on an individual level. The easiest solution was in fact a mass email and I don't know why he failed to communicate the issue to the buyers but the pricing of not one or a handful, but THOUSANDS of items was an obvious mistake. Leave your feedback as negative if you wish but put the facts in there so the future buyers (that have a brain...) can see that there was obviously a few people that tried to get over on this business.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:19 AM   #66
dubojr1

Quote:
against T.O.S. btw.
And how is that? Report it to Alex if your that concerned...

Old June 1st, 2012, 10:16 AM   #67
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
And how is that? Report it to Alex if your that concerned...
Trolling and flame baiting is against TOS. Read it.

but sure, ill ask.

Hey @Alex is @dubojr1 's trolling everything I post and flame baiting against the TOS?

On topic. fine then give them 1 star for communication. I dont care, but its silly to bash on someone for leaving negative feedback on a negative transaction of you disagree cool. We will all agree to disagree.

Old June 1st, 2012, 10:53 AM   #68
dubojr1

Quote:
Trolling and flame baiting is against TOS. Read it.
I did...twice!

Your the only one that has ever accused me of such a ridiculous thing . Here's something for you to read. I don't see where I've crossed that line...yet! If I have then some your post (like your "gay" comments) have also but I quit crying in kindergarten. Alex will PM me a warning if I have even come close and I'll gladly take any repercussion he see's fit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

More information for you to read. This will solve all your troubles. Well at least the ones you claim I create...

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...7&postcount=12

Old June 1st, 2012, 11:26 AM   #69
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
I wasnt saying not to, I was replying to the comment about how an online seller using 3rd party listing tools is purported to be the same as a brick and mortar store in terms of price errors.
My point is that you cannot hold them to the same standards, even if you wanted to or even tried, just cant be done.

Also, that that they should be held accountable.

Old June 1st, 2012, 11:36 AM   #70
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I think anyone that takes eBay too seriously as a buyer or a seller is bound to experience disappointment and annoyance on a frequent basis. Buyers suck. Sellers suck. Feedback sucks. Welcome to eBay.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM   #71
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Man, you know they've gotta be so mad right now.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...84.m1439.l2776

Feedback score went from 99.8% to 97
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 12:07 PM   #72
dubojr1

The negative feedback has doubled since this morning...

Old June 1st, 2012, 03:02 PM   #73
Reyno2ac
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Ninja 650r

It looks like a lot of people were trying to take advantage of the mistake and buy the items simply to resell them. Either way, I'm glad I didn't have time at work to buy stuff.
Reyno2ac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #74
ator
ninjette.org guru

I'm still waiting on either a refund or my T-Shirt.

Seller now has more then 500 negatives.

I understand that the seller could not just sell all those item. At an average loss of $20 per item the seller would have lost over $10K But He still should have communicated with the buyers

Old June 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #75
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
See, I don't think it would be a "dick move" to leave negative feedback. Why should they be different from my local retailer? If they have a price marked wrong, I get it for that price.
Except after the price mistake is brought to their attention, they can fix the error before 1,000 more people come in and rape them for same price. If the same store were ONLINE, as this is - I can say with 100% certainty that they are NOT obligated to honor that price mistake. b&m retailers even have disclaimers on their printed ads now releasing them from obligation.

Quote:
I understand that the seller could not just sell all those item. At an average loss of $20 per item the seller would have lost over $10K But He still should have communicated with the buyers
If you already understand what happened, what are you waiting for him to communicate to you? Is he supposed to issue a personal apology to each of the thousands of people who tried taking advantage of him? Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Cynical, i've seen multiple postings from you on here, and it appears you are just a troll. Nothing you have posted has ever been serious or helpful. You should just refrain from posting until you grow up or acquire the ability to respond intelligently.
You sound like a butthurt ****ing imbecile. You know that, right? Not just to me, to everyone.

Old June 6th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #76
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post

If you already understand what happened, what are you waiting for him to communicate to you? Is he supposed to issue a personal apology to each of the thousands of people who tried taking advantage of him? Please.
Nope, just issue me a refund or send me my item that I paid for. He still has my $$$

Also, who said anything about a personal apology??? If the seller has the ability to list over 7000 items for sale, I am pretty sure that he has the ability to generate a mass email that could have been send to anyone who bought these items. Instead, he chose to make the "Dick Move" and simply refund $$ with no communication what so ever.

I am still waiting on a refund for 2 of my items.

Just because I "understand" what happened does not exonerate the seller of responsibility.

Old June 6th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #77
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Nope, just issue me a refund or send me my item that I paid for. He still has my $$$

Also, who said anything about a personal apology??? If the seller has the ability to list over 7000 items for sale, I am pretty sure that he has the ability to generate a mass email that could have been send to anyone who bought these items. Instead, he chose to make the "Dick Move" and simply refund $$ with no communication what so ever.

I am still waiting on a refund for 2 of my items.

Just because I "understand" what happened does not exonerate the seller of responsibility.
I'm sorry I misread, I thought you already got a refund but were waiting on an explanation or something.

Old June 13th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #78
ator
ninjette.org guru

Wel, I reached out AGAIN to the seller and simply asked for a refund or my item. The seller ACTUALLY resonded to me with this generic message:

Good Afternoon,This order has been cancelled and refunded or never charged due to a bad upload to eBay. We apologize for the inconvenience and we're offering a discount off our website for the trouble. Visit www.ridersneeds.com and use the code 062012. Apologies for the trouble. Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Thank you,
Riders Needs

I responded back with:

OK, here is the problem. I didn't recieve a refund for this item. So please refund that payment or send me the item. I have opened a case

Thanks

We will see what happens

Old June 13th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #79
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mason

Motorcycle(s): 12 250r (sold), 2014 ZX6R

kind of amazed at all the good feedback he got from it though.

Old June 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #80
zCasanova
ninjette.org member

Name: Devin

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250r

Why don't you call the support number off of the website and speak to someone?

It's slightly more difficult to ignore a voice over the phone than it is an e-mail on a screen.
zCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote