ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old December 29th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #1
cuz
cuz

Name: Israel

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

Chest & Back protector recommendation

Looking for a good Chest & Back protector any recommendations?

Safety 1st

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #2
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): '04 R1 and '08 Ninja 250

Impact Safe-T Armor

http://www.impactarmor.com/

And do yourself a favor and get one of these too

SaferMoto vest

http://www.safermoto.com/

Tell them Draik sent you

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #3
geeker
ninjette.org guru

Name: Richie

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda CRF300L Rally, 2015 Ninja ZX6R 636, 2014 Ninja 1000, 2013 Ninja 300 (sold), 2011 Ninja 250R (sold)

I'm partial to Forcefield. I have a Pro Sub 4 back protector. Lately, I have been thinking about buying the Extreme Flite Harness because it may take up less space in my one piece.
geeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #4
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

+1 on impact armor...its CE #2 rated and the cool thing is that once you wear it and it warms up it conforms to you and is not binding.

The airbag vests are a good investment too. My girlfriend has one and she field tested it and it did its job well.

I have Leatt STX neck brace I will be trying out to see if it will not hinder my riding.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #5
cuz
cuz

any1 w/the alpine star track vest?

Old December 29th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #6
cuz
cuz

thanks 4 all the input

Old January 1st, 2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Vitamin-E
Cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Name: Elliott

Motorcycle(s): 2005 YZF-R6, 2008 Ninja ZX2.5R

IMO there is none better...

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=1032

Old January 6th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #8
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin-E View Post
The bad thing about those are they are SUPER thick so if your suit is tight GL trying to fit those bad boyz in.

Personally I think the Forcefield are really good. Never heard of those Impact Armor but wouldn't mind getting a custom one.

How thick are those, Matt?

Old January 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #9
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
The bad thing about those are they are SUPER thick so if your suit is tight GL trying to fit those bad boyz in.

Personally I think the Forcefield are really good. Never heard of those Impact Armor but wouldn't mind getting a custom one.

How thick are those, Matt?
I'm not Matt but can tell you the Impact Armor is ~1/4''. I can post up pics of Draik's if you'd like to see how it's made...

Old January 7th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #10
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

^^^What he said...very thin...I really like it. I only hated the turn around time. Once it warms up its like you barely notice it. If Im cleared to ride by Jan 8 I'll be bringing it with me and I can let you take a look at my chest and back protector.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear

Old January 7th, 2013, 02:31 AM   #11
t1m0xa
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Timur

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...horax-wave-pro

I have it and wear it under jacket. Size M. I am 6'1'' and it's perfect under leather jacket. Don't buy inserts. Extremely easy to take off and put back on.
t1m0xa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #12
cuz
cuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1m0xa View Post

I have it and wear it under jacket. Size M. I am 6'1'' and it's perfect under leather jacket. Don't buy inserts. Extremely easy to take off and put back on.
omg im in luv thanks so much

now to get the pigy bank fat

Old January 7th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #13
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
^^^What he said...very thin...I really like it. I only hated the turn around time. Once it warms up its like you barely notice it. If Im cleared to ride by Jan 8 I'll be bringing it with me and I can let you take a look at my chest and back protector.
Cool.

I have a forcefield back protector and it saved my back in November but when I changed to another suit (tighter fit) I couldn't fit it in so if it's thinner than my Forcefield back protector I may just want to order one.

Old January 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #14
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Cool.

I have a forcefield back protector and it saved my back in November but when I changed to another suit (tighter fit) I couldn't fit it in so if it's thinner than my Forcefield back protector I may just want to order one.
I can let you try mine on too since we are "Somewhat" of the same build. The one I got has complete coverage of the back including the scapula and lower tailbone. It's a big piece. After my last crash I thought I broke my scapula because my shoulder blades hurt for several days and my left arm was actually numb for almost a month! Luckily the doctor said it wasn't broken (when he did strength tests to my arm bedside). He did give me a scare saying its possible I may have damage some nerves considering the severity of the impact but said best case scenario is it will come back in time...luckily it was the best case scenario.

After you have a crash like mine, things change and now I also bought a Leatt Neck brace.

Old January 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #15
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I can let you try mine on too since we are "Somewhat" of the same build. The one I got has complete coverage of the back including the scapula and lower tailbone. It's a big piece. After my last crash I thought I broke my scapula because my shoulder blades hurt for several days and my left arm was actually numb for almost a month! Luckily the doctor said it wasn't broken (when he did strength tests to my arm bedside). He did give me a scare saying its possible I may have damage some nerves considering the severity of the impact but said best case scenario is it will come back in time...luckily it was the best case scenario.

After you have a crash like mine, things change and now I also bought a Leatt Neck brace.
Is your Leatt specifically for Roadracing? I had heard they were working on one. Draik's Safermoto vest provides some really good neck support in a crash when it inflates but doesn't interfere with body/head position when it's not inflated (it's tethered to the bike and blows in the event of an off)

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #16
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6boater View Post
Is your Leatt specifically for Roadracing? I had heard they were working on one. Draik's Safermoto vest provides some really good neck support in a crash when it inflates but doesn't interfere with body/head position when it's not inflated (it's tethered to the bike and blows in the event of an off)

Yep, the Leatt Neck Brace I have is the STX...specifically for road use. So far Jason Britton is their sponsored rider (stuntah) for the product. Initial fitting around the house is good. We shall find out if its good or not. I did have to call them up because I couldn't see their sizing chart...glad I did because i was about to order a S/M and I actually needed a L/XL!!!

My girlfriend and I have a Safermoto Airbag vest. When I had my D675 I HATED it because the air cartridge would get caught underneath the lip of my gas tank and it really interfered with my riding. I still have it and it may work well still now that the shape of the tank between a D675 and the NInja 250 is completely different. We shall see.

My girfriend had the (un)fortunate time of actually putting it to use. She lowsided at Chuckwalla Turn 14 CCW. She was perfectly fine and bounced like a beach ball. I have friends that have it but what turned me off was a friend of mine crashed at a high speed turn wearing the Safermoto vest and hers actually did not deploy!!! Luckily she was not injured...but kinda scary to think when you would need it, it fails. With the Leatt, its on there no matter what and not dependent on activation of some sorts.

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #17
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1m0xa View Post

This and the matching Thorax protector are on my list but I'm super worried about sizing. I'm not sure if I should get the 1S or the 11 in the back protector, and I can find ZILCH on the sizing for the thorax protector.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #18
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Yep, the Leatt Neck Brace I have is the STX...specifically for road use. So far Jason Britton is their sponsored rider (stuntah) for the product. Initial fitting around the house is good. We shall find out if its good or not. I did have to call them up because I couldn't see their sizing chart...glad I did because i was about to order a S/M and I actually needed a L/XL!!!

My girlfriend and I have a Safermoto Airbag vest. When I had my D675 I HATED it because the air cartridge would get caught underneath the lip of my gas tank and it really interfered with my riding. I still have it and it may work well still now that the shape of the tank between a D675 and the NInja 250 is completely different. We shall see.

My girfriend had the (un)fortunate time of actually putting it to use. She lowsided at Chuckwalla Turn 14 CCW. She was perfectly fine and bounced like a beach ball. I have friends that have it but what turned me off was a friend of mine crashed at a high speed turn wearing the Safermoto vest and hers actually did not deploy!!! Luckily she was not injured...but kinda scary to think when you would need it, it fails. With the Leatt, its on there no matter what and not dependent on activation of some sorts.
Cool cool, let us know how the leatt works out, you are the only one I know of having one and would like to hear some feedback.

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #19
t1m0xa
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Timur

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

dainese thorax wave pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
This and the matching Thorax protector are on my list but I'm super worried about sizing. I'm not sure if I should get the 1S or the 11 in the back protector, and I can find ZILCH on the sizing for the thorax protector.
email revzilla, they are super helpful. tell them how tall are you and maybe the size of your chest. I am 6'1 and 170 pounds, athletic build and 12M is perfect for me.
t1m0xa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:20 AM   #20
cuz
cuz

Quote:
if u buy from revzilla its super easy 2 return it if u get the wrong size i bought some winter gloves to big and got the right size in that same week i shipped the gloves out

Old January 9th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #21
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6boater View Post
Cool cool, let us know how the leatt works out, you are the only one I know of having one and would like to hear some feedback.

Will do...when I review products I get really detailed...you should see some of my tire reviews that I did at the 675 forum.

Old March 4th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #22
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Quote:
Same problem here. I'm looking at these, as well as the Forcefield back protectors. Not sure how thick each is though, and how it'll fit under my jacket/in my suit.

Also, anyone know if the Dainese wave with Scapula protection is worth the extra money? I haven't heard anything good or bad about them, as far as fit inside a suit/extra protection, if any, and would appreciate feedback.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #23
SMman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danger

Motorcycle(s): 15 CBR300R, 14 BWS50, 09 FZ1, 09 Ninja 250, 06 CRF450R Motard, 03 ZX-6R

I'm a big fan of Spidi products. My wife and I have been using them for years.

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...t-170-180.html

Old March 11th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #24
cuz
cuz

Just bought the Sub 4
now for the chest

Link to original page on YouTube.

Link to original page on YouTube.