ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old March 29th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #1
EngrNewf
Geeket

Name: Terri-Lynn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Women's Gear review with pics (Alpinestar, Teknic, Joe Rocket, Icon)

New order came in today so this is what I have to date. This is me swimmin' in my gear:

Head bandanna-e things: They go on your head. They prevent hat head but induce bandanna head. You win some you loose some.

kawi green net: haven't tried it out yet, I'll let you know but it's a net and it's green, what else do you want?

Kawi ZX-10R models: I couldn't find a 250

Icon Helmet and Visor (M): Glad I got the pink visor. It locks down to the helmet. I'm not a pink person but at least you can get things in this color to match. I'm trying to switch to all white. I'm a fan of the helmet compared to the ones I've seen on other peoples heads in town. It's rubatone and it's growing on me more then when I first got it though it seems to attract bug juice. There's a chin piece that really helps keep the cold out. It's relatively quiet, I'm quite a fan of the helmet actually. I'm after riding down the highway screaming out 99 bottles of bear on the wall without worrying the person next to me is going to hear hahaha...

Joe Rocket Jacket (S): I got a small which is really spacious unless everything is pulled in to the max level which it is. When I ride with the mesh panel open it feels loose. I'm 5'7 and have long arms and this fit me in the length. Adjustable at the waist wrists and elbows. 2 tiny hardly worth mentioning vents in the back. There's a waterproof flap (I'm not sure why it's so big or someone just doesn't zip up the jacket). Then there's a vented flap that you can zip up instead of zipping up the front of the jacket so you get more air. I wish there was a piece of material over the zipper like some jackets. It tends to scratch my tank to pieces, so I've bought a ninja tank protector with a pic of a ninja on it. There's back and elbow protection.

Alpinestar gloves: I went with the sizing chart and they fit fairly snug but that's the way I like them. I Like how flashy they are and the extra stretchy parts and designing. They're comfortable and long (keeps out the wind). Alot sturdier then the Icon gloves but you can definitely get others out there with more protection.

Scorpion pants (L): The medium I couldn't get up over my thighs, the extra large were falling off with a pair of jeans and a belt UNDER the pants. Large fits perfect. Even in the Extra large they were very fitted in the thighs, so I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be wearing pants under these while riding. I would definitely buy them again. Hip, and knee protection. Removable waterproof liner. Adjustable in the thigh area, low rise. I'm 5'7 and they're long on me. The sizing chart said I was a size small and turns out I'm a size large so be careful. After trying on a medium I got a size extra large but they were to big and a whole lot longer. I don't know who the small Savannah pants are made for stick sky scrapers. When I'm a size large in something there's something wrong, but I'm glad they fit (perfect).

Alpinestar Boots (8): Love everything about them. They fit true to size. I ordered the same size I usually order if I wear winter boots. They're so so comfortable, I think they're hot and I like how flashy the white looks.

Icon gloves: They blow. There's nothing good about them period. Do not buy.

Troy pants (7/8): they're what I expected and the sizing chart fits to the T (don't worry about squeeze room, they're generous on the sizing). They come up high and there's a stretchy panel in the back. They have a funky pattern that I like and they're pink inside which matches my joe rocket jacket. A piece of one of the legs is leather. There is velcro on the hips and 2 pieces of thicker material that doesn't stick very well to it but it seems to hold in place when the pants are on.

Hmm to note the purse in the background is actually a vented snake bag...

My bike:

Teknic boots: They look good with jeans so it's something I can wear with a 'normal' looking outfit.

*excitement* Let the new season begin!

Old March 29th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Great looking gear and funny pic of you swimming in your gear.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Great post!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #4
JokerSeven
Ride it like you stole it

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '04 R6(sold)

Vented snake bag ??
Huh ?

nice socks
JokerSeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #5
esi7esi7

Name: Lisa

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R, 09 ZX6R

Cool review!

I tried on some scorpion pants too, but like you mentioned, the sizing is all jacked up. On the street I just stick with jeans and knee pads. I am still searching for a pair with knee protection that actually fits good.

Do they make an XS in that jacket you have? I would be a little cautious wearing one that is too big. I crashed in a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and the jacket rode up causing some rash on my hip. I think their design is just crappy because even a small size has too much slack in the waist area.

Old April 10th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #6
EngrNewf
Geeket

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerSeven View Post
Vented snake bag ??
Huh ?
nice socks
Thanks, and it's a animal carrying case. Usually snake bags are like a 'sack'. I was suppose to be moving so I'd be taking the snake on a ferry and figured I'd be able to keep a better eye on him in that (the sides are mesh so you can see)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esi7esi7 View Post
Cool review!

I tried on some scorpion pants too, but like you mentioned, the sizing is all jacked up. On the street I just stick with jeans and knee pads. I am still searching for a pair with knee protection that actually fits good.

Do they make an XS in that jacket you have? I would be a little cautious wearing one that is too big. I crashed in a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and the jacket rode up causing some rash on my hip. I think their design is just crappy because even a small size has too much slack in the waist area.
Yeah I was impressed the scorpion pants were longer. Usually I have the opposite problem but I imagine it sucks for most people in general, because they're made for skinny sky scrapers. I mean I'm a large in these pants and small jackets are to big? Doesn't make sense to me. I saw a girl stunter wearing some cool knee and elbow protection. She had it on over her pants and it almost looked stylish. Wonder where you can get that kinda stuff.

They don't...or at least when I asked they said they don't. And if I get a XS in a lot of things it's to short (I'm tall and have a long body and long arms). I haven't tried on a jacket yet that fit right. I got this one because the elbow padding was in 'the right place' and it was longer then the rest. I've tried scorpion, joe rocket, and ICON.

Old April 11th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #7
Samer
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samer

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

Forget the gear. What's the story of that TV? That thing belongs in a museum! Are you waiting for the 3D LED TVs, or are you going to skip those and wait for the holograms like in Star Wars. Personally, I'm anxiously waiting for the hologram, but I'm not holding my breath.

When I was growing up we had an enormous (by the standards of the day) TV (1980s) that was in a wooden box. That thing felt more like a piece of furniture than a TV. I remember it eventually died about 10 years ago, and they replaced it with a new one finally.
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2010, 03:06 PM   #8
EngrNewf
Geeket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer View Post
Forget the gear. What's the story of that TV? That thing belongs in a museum! Are you waiting for the 3D LED TVs, or are you going to skip those and wait for the holograms like in Star Wars. Personally, I'm anxiously waiting for the hologram, but I'm not holding my breath.

When I was growing up we had an enormous (by the standards of the day) TV (1980s) that was in a wooden box. That thing felt more like a piece of furniture than a TV. I remember it eventually died about 10 years ago, and they replaced it with a new one finally.
Haha my neighbor gave me his when he found out I didn't have one so technically I'm 'borrowing' it. If I had my choice I'd turn it in to one of these: