ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM   #1
andyuc88
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Pearl White

Rear turn signals don't blink, front turn signals don't turn on

Hi,

I just purchased a 2009 Ninja 250R -- haven't ridden it yet (MSF course this weekend ) but I was testing out the blinkers and they are acting weird.

The rear blinkers aren't blinking while the front blinkers aren't blinking at all. I believe the previous owner replaced the rears with LED's, which I think might be the issue. I know LED's likely need a relay of some sort which the owner may not have installed... but would this affect the front blinkers? I've done some searching on the forums, and it appears the blinker connections are under the seat?

Has anyone run into this before or have any tips on troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
Andy
andyuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Well if a bulb is blown or there's a loose connection the other bulb on that side will stay illuminated, as will the dash light.

The rear connections are under the rider's seat, the front connections are behind the fairing panels & the wires clamp into the panels

AFAIK it will need a relay to work
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyuc88 View Post
Hi,

I just purchased a 2009 Ninja 250R -- haven't ridden it yet (MSF course this weekend ) but I was testing out the blinkers and they are acting weird.

The rear blinkers aren't blinking while the front blinkers aren't blinking at all. I believe the previous owner replaced the rears with LED's, which I think might be the issue. I know LED's likely need a relay of some sort which the owner may not have installed... but would this affect the front blinkers? I've done some searching on the forums, and it appears the blinker connections are under the seat?

Has anyone run into this before or have any tips on troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
Andy
the LEDs dont draw enough current to heat the OEM blinker enoough to trigger it. you need to get a different flasher

Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:47 PM   #4
andyuc88
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Pearl White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Well if a bulb is blown or there's a loose connection the other bulb on that side will stay illuminated, as will the dash light.

The rear connections are under the rider's seat, the front connections are behind the fairing panels & the wires clamp into the panels

AFAIK it will need a relay to work
So there are different relays for the front and the back? Rear being under the passenger seat and the fronts on the left side of the fairing?

I did some research and it looks like this relay will work (Tridon EP34 Flasher)

http://www.amazon.com/Tridon-EP34-Fl...KS/ref=lh_ni_t

Do I need two of these?
andyuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote