ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 20th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #1
Tiane
ninjette.org member

Name: Tiane

Motorcycle(s): NINJA300

Bazzaz Z-Fi

I'm looking for the Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Control Unit [#F442] but I haven't been able to find a store that sells it other than Bazzaz itself. The Z-Fi normally goes for about $270 but Bazzaz has it for $379

Are there any vendors or any recommended sites to get one?
Tiane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2012, 02:16 AM   #2
ninja250r81
ninjette.org guru

Name: scott

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r se

guessing you are in Japan

goto

www.bazzaz.net

Contact tab

Dealer locator

Insert japan

Bazzaz Japan
1020-15 Sato
Hatogaya (city), Saitama 334-0005
http://www.bazzaz-performance.jp

Yoshimura
6748 Nakatsu, Aikawa-machi
Aiko-gun, Kanagawa-pref
, 243-0303
81 46 286 2929
http://www.yoshimura-jp.com
ninja250r81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #3
Tiane
ninjette.org member

Sorry, I should had been more specific... I'm looking for a USA vendor, and I only want to spend around $270

Old April 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #4
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You're going to be very hard-pressed to find a US vendor selling an aftermarket FI controller considering the Ninja 250's in the US have carbs.

There's lots of jet kits available though
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #5
Tiane
ninjette.org member

Bazzaz is from California and they have a "FI controller" for the Ninja 250R FI... Any vendor can get their products, I just don't want to pay retail when I know I can get it for less

Old April 20th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #6
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Email them and see what's up then. I didn't know they were sourced in the US
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #7
Tiane
ninjette.org member

I did e-mail 3 vendors but all 3 said the product is not available ???
Bazzaz told me they have it and any vendor can get it ???

Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM   #8
Bazzaz
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Bazzaz

Motorcycle(s): More than one

I'm not sure who you talked to here at Bazzaz, but the Ninja 250 kit has an overseas part number, meaning that our US dealers can't get it. All US dealers and distributors are under contract not to sell overseas because it infringes on our overseas distributors' territory. Now that doesn't always stop online stores from selling to anyone who's willing to pay for shipping to outside the US, but for this kit in particular it's not possible.

So you're going to have to buy from one of the distributors or dealers in your area.
Bazzaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #9
Tiane
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzaz View Post
I'm not sure who you talked to here at Bazzaz, but the Ninja 250 kit has an overseas part number, meaning that our US dealers can't get it. All US dealers and distributors are under contract not to sell overseas because it infringes on our overseas distributors' territory. Now that doesn't always stop online stores from selling to anyone who's willing to pay for shipping to outside the US, but for this kit in particular it's not possible.

So you're going to have to buy from one of the distributors or dealers in your area.
I understand that, but the reason I was told any vendor can get it is because I'm from California and have a California address; I'm just temporarily out of the country (Active Duty military).

Good to see you here, and I hope to see more Ninja 250R FI running Bazzaz too

Thank you

Old April 24th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #10
Bazzaz
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Bazzaz

Motorcycle(s): More than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiane View Post
I understand that, but the reason I was told any vendor can get it is because I'm from California and have a California address; I'm just temporarily out of the country (Active Duty military).

Good to see you here, and I hope to see more Ninja 250R FI running Bazzaz too

Thank you
Well then you'll have to convince a US vendor to special order it for you. But your situation isn't exactly normal, and getting the super low price of $270 (which is barely above dealer cost) may not be possible.
Bazzaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #11
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

I have found them for £209 in the UK, I am not sure on the current exhchange from GBP to YEN it may be in your favour, they should take off the 20% VAT charge also if you're outside the UK / EU so it should come down to £160 ish.

If you go to google uk you can find the site easily, first page, i think it was sportsbikestore or something.

I will be getting one in the not so distant future then I will get an autotune box to plug into it a while after.
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #12
psych0hans

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

I bought my power commander from indusuperbike.com. Try contacting them?

Old May 13th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #13
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Good point Hans, from my brief research on the matter, the bazzaz units are £100+ cheaper here, they come with a complete plug and play wiring loom with a five page PDF instruction book on installation which is quite nice, I couldn't find as much information for installing the PCV unit, and it looked like you needed to cut wires?

The bazzaz unit also comes with the dual map mode activated by a simple jumper connection, they sell a £60 switch, but you could made a handlebar mounted switch for £5 given it's such a simple setup.

With the bazzaz it also looks like if you want to upgrade to an autotuner you can simply buy the addon for about £180 at a later date and plug that in with the iuncluded wide band sensor.

I also had a little play with the software and it seems very modern and well written to deal with tweeking the settings, the instructional videos on their YouTube channel are nice also, I feel PC have become complacent with their stance as market leaders for piggyback ECU's, the bazzaz units to me feel more modern and a sharper setup, but without having the two to compare this is pure speculation.
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #14
psych0hans

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
Good point Hans, from my brief research on the matter, the bazzaz units are £100+ cheaper here, they come with a complete plug and play wiring loom with a five page PDF instruction book on installation which is quite nice, I couldn't find as much information for installing the PCV unit, and it looked like you needed to cut wires?

The bazzaz unit also comes with the dual map mode activated by a simple jumper connection, they sell a £60 switch, but you could made a handlebar mounted switch for £5 given it's such a simple setup.

With the bazzaz it also looks like if you want to upgrade to an autotuner you can simply buy the addon for about £180 at a later date and plug that in with the iuncluded wide band sensor.

I also had a little play with the software and it seems very modern and well written to deal with tweeking the settings, the instructional videos on their YouTube channel are nice also, I feel PC have become complacent with their stance as market leaders for piggyback ECU's, the bazzaz units to me feel more modern and a sharper setup, but without having the two to compare this is pure speculation.
The power commander is pretty much plug and play as well. Also it's "indysuperbike.com" it's a us based site and I believe they had the power commander system drop shipped for me to New York. They charged me extra for it, but it wasn't a big deal.