ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 14th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #1
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Name: Abhijit

Motorcycle(s): Many Two Wheels ..

2010 Ninja 250 Jetting Questions

so, am prepping my bike for race next year and along with some other mods, i got to do the jetting. Unfortunately, some of the DIY's there are no pics and i also read the reason why the pics were removed

So, here is my understanding, please correct me

1. I can buy the Dynojet kit, comes with ranges of jets and i just test what i like

2. Shimming the needles - this is not needed since Dynojet kit comes with adjustable needle?

3. Drilling out cap from fuel/air mixture screw. Only needed for fine tuning

Am i missing anything else? Also, i do not see any DIY on the Dynojet Kit install. IF someone can point me to the right thread, i would highly appreciate it.
abhijitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I would use Factory Pro just because it comes with a larger selection of jets to choose from. Shimming is not necessary. That's what the needles in the jet kit take care of. The idle mix screws are for getting the mixture at idle right.

to install the jet kit, just follow the instructions for shimming, only put your jet kit needles in, instead of shimming the oem needles.

here's a good base set of guidelines to install a jet kit and tune carbs:
http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tunin...m_engines.html
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #3
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Thank You.

Problem with Factory Pro is i need to piece everything individually (jet sizes). whereas with dynojet i get a full variation/kit of jets. Isnt that true?

I am still trying to search user posts who have succesfully installed some kits and have published their numbers.

Old November 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #4
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
not true. Everything comes in one kit for you. The only difference between the configuration 1 and the configuration 3 kits is the range of jets that come in the kit

http://www.factorypro.com/prod_pages/prodk04.html

process is the same with a pre-gen and ne-gen.

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_do_...l_a_jet_kit%3F

if you folllow the shimming DIY it will get you most of the way there. then check out the DIY on changing jets without removing the airbox. And and DIY carb cleaning for more pictures of the carbs opened up. Jetting really isn't too bad.

Old November 14th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #5
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Thanks again :thumbup ... I had a wrong perception then.

Let me read up and i am pretty sure i will have more questions

Old November 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #6
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Ok Chris - read the threads. seems really simple to do. Just need to take my time i guess.....

So, my Ninja 250 is going to be a track/race bike 90% of the time. I might seldom ride the street if i have time to put back the street plastics on.

So, as recommended in the FAQ, should i stick with the Dynojet Kit? Is there a significant throttle response difference between the Dynojet Kit and FactoryPro. The less drilling around i need to do, better for me

Old November 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #7
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Well you can install either kit and decide to drill or not to drill with either kit. Personally I would buy the FactoryPro kit because the Dynojet kit doesn't have as many jet sizes in its' range of jets, and I've read of people buying DJ jets after already buying a DJ jet kit. Plus the FP kits come with hex screws for the bowls as well. It's up to you

And yes, jetting isn't bad, just takes some patience and know how.

Old November 19th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #8
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Well, i just complete reading the Jetting database and some other threads. Note : My bike will be used mostly as a racebike and i need the top end to be crisp and responsive. Looks like Dynojet Stage 2 will be more suitable?

However Stage 2, doesnt talk about drilling the slide BUT Stage 3 does. Stage 3 is not for 08+ as outlined on Dynojet site.

Anyone with a race setup want to comment ?

Old November 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM   #9
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Ok - confirmed with AFM that snorkel box need to be ON.

Also, wrt to Drilling the slide, it is more of a fine tuning process to drill the slide with either the Jet Kits.

so, finally the question remains, with snorkel box ON ... is it even worth buying the jet kit .. OR just shim the needles with washers. When i spoke to Dynojet and explained them the scenario, they said just use stock OR use their #94 mainjet.

Old November 21st, 2011, 02:26 PM   #10
racegunnr
ninjette.org member

Name: shane

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r race bike, 06 R6 race bike, 06 YZ450f Tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitz View Post
Ok - confirmed with AFM that snorkel box need to be ON.

Also, wrt to Drilling the slide, it is more of a fine tuning process to drill the slide with either the Jet Kits.

so, finally the question remains, with snorkel box ON ... is it even worth buying the jet kit .. OR just shim the needles with washers. When i spoke to Dynojet and explained them the scenario, they said just use stock OR use their #94 mainjet.
i think you will still want to jet just to get better response of the throttle especially when rolling of or on in the corners.......factory leaves a little to be desired.....JMO
racegunnr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM   #11
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

yep and the needle as well...

Well, after talking around and also understanding Dynojet doesnt recommend drilling the slides either for 08+ (and of course it is a personal choice per the other DIY thread), am planning to go with the FactoryPro on the reason that they provide more jets than the Dynojet (plus they have a pilot jet #40 in their kit, though i shouldnt be needing it).

It might take some time for me to piece out everything. I will post HOW-TO pics and dyno results. Stay tuned