ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #41
Mista Bob
Über n00b

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Triumph TT600, Honda NS50F, Kawasaki ZZR-250 (sold)

I plan on getting a bigger bike eventually, but I think I'll still keep my 250.
This bike is the perfect commuter, so even if I get another bike I'll keep this one for that.
Mista Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2008, 12:20 PM   #42
grandmaster
ninjette.org member

Name: Levi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, CR125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by workdaddy View Post
"The small bike" I honestly have more fun on it... So light and the canyons here in Salt Lake, Utah... PLAYGROUND of fun for these lil devils.
I plan on riding back to Salt Lake from here in St. George over the summer to visit family and friends. I would love to go hit up little/big cottonwood. I have been riding for about 9 years (mostly dirt bikes) so I am good on a motorcycle. I just dont know How great I would be on the twisties up the canyon, but I would love to give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bob View Post
I plan on getting a bigger bike eventually, but I think I'll still keep my 250.
This bike is the perfect commuter, so even if I get another bike I'll keep this one for that.
x2, I love the 250, Only had it for a month but I dont think anything is gonna change. I plan on keeping it and then buying a CBR600 just to say I have one Great thread topic, can't believe I missed it first time around.
grandmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #43
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Name: Cochese

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

I've gone down in size to the 250R. I did so on purpose, putting my deposit down when gas was $4.15 a gallon here.

Now that it's back to $1.50, that 2009 Black 650R is going to be a bit harder to ignore.

Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #44
Syphen
Some weird Canuck!

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): '92 CBR250RR "Babyblade", 2008 Ninja 250R, 2001 CBR600F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
You know, I have a hard time predicting where my threads will go. I could have sworn there would be many that would have said the 250 was their stepping stone to a larger bike. I guess the make up of this forum is a lot more mature than I envisioned. It just seemed like every young stud out there is just itching to switch from their beginner bikes to a 150mph crotch rocket after a few months on their little 250.

kudos to you guys and gals for renewing my faith in 250 owners.
Reading the first few posts and I agree with the points. Like you said, most threads on the 250 poo-poo it as a beginner only bike yet it seems that almost everyone here has moved down or laterally to it.

The ninjette will be in my garage for a very long time. It simply is, hands down, a fantastic bike.

It has enough power to keep experienced riders satisfied, it can cruise comfortably on the highway/freeway and has a great seating position in my opinion. It makes it great for commuting.

Ultimately, it is as you word it: A gateway drug in to the world of two wheels.
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #45
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Maybe I`m an old school has been in motorcycling. I obviously have nothiing in common with the H-D crowd. The 250R is enough bike to get anybody in trouble if they are foolish. In one of my meditative moments last week, I calculated the miles I have ridden in the past 50 years and came out with about 700,000 miles give or take 10,000. Mind you, when I ride, I ride at a good pace--usually within the speed limit, but a level that is still stirring up the endorphins. A 650R would be nice if you want to make a cross country trip--although a 250R would be up to the task as well. I guess it`s all relative.The rep that sport bikes have as being uncomfortable is pure fiction. Any bike can be set up to the dimensions of the rider. In my bicycle shop I am always changing stems ond adjusting bikes for the rider. A sportbike can just as easily be modified by relocating pegs and shifters, brake pedals, and raising the handlebars with spacers. I can get on my bicycle and easily ride 100mi. in one day and feel no discomfort. I rode my Ninja 500mi in one day stopping for fuel and food--no problem, no stiffness. It` a very comfortable bike.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #46
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Allmayer Beck View Post
Maybe I`m an old school has been in motorcycling. I obviously have nothiing in common with the H-D crowd. The 250R is enough bike to get anybody in trouble if they are foolish. In one of my meditative moments last week, I calculated the miles I have ridden in the past 50 years and came out with about 700,000 miles give or take 10,000. Mind you, when I ride, I ride at a good pace--usually within the speed limit, but a level that is still stirring up the endorphins. A 650R would be nice if you want to make a cross country trip--although a 250R would be up to the task as well. I guess it`s all relative.The rep that sport bikes have as being uncomfortable is pure fiction. Any bike can be set up to the dimensions of the rider. In my bicycle shop I am always changing stems ond adjusting bikes for the rider. A sportbike can just as easily be modified by relocating pegs and shifters, brake pedals, and raising the handlebars with spacers. I can get on my bicycle and easily ride 100mi. in one day and feel no discomfort. I rode my Ninja 500mi in one day stopping for fuel and food--no problem, no stiffness. It` a very comfortable bike.
some very basic truths in there. good post!
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #47
Sailariel

Tony, Your Ninja is a real standout. You have really kept her up and she looks great.

Old December 19th, 2008, 10:59 PM   #48
Cling
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 06 Honda 1000RR, 08 Ninja 250

I also own a 06 Honda 1000rr, the power never really stops coming with that thing, and yet it has sorta lost its thrill because its my 3rd liter bike, I enjoy this new 250r and will probably enjoy it much more once I get it to the track and start cutting it up on the very tight streets of willow.
Cling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2008, 11:18 PM   #49
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cling View Post
I also own a 06 Honda 1000rr, the power never really stops coming with that thing, and yet it has sorta lost its thrill because its my 3rd liter bike, I enjoy this new 250r and will probably enjoy it much more once I get it to the track and start cutting it up on the very tight streets of willow.
I assume you know Richard, then?

Old December 19th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #50
Cling
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I assume you know Richard, then?
I don't think so? I just moved with my wife from Europe actually, I have only lived in Oxnard, CA now for about 1.5 months, I hit the streets of willow with my 1000rr as soon as I moved down here through because I couldnt pass up a 99$ track day.

Old December 19th, 2008, 11:32 PM   #51
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cling View Post
I don't think so? I just moved with my wife from Europe actually, I have only lived in Oxnard, CA now for about 1.5 months, I hit the streets of willow with my 1000rr as soon as I moved down here through because I couldnt pass up a 99$ track day.
If you see a guy renting 250Rs at WS, that's Richard. He's on this board as RaceBikeRentals

Old December 19th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #52
Cling
ninjette.org member

Quote:
If you see a guy renting 250Rs at WS, that's Richard. He's on this board as RaceBikeRentals

Then I am sure i'll see him eventually
Cling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #53
Lurkable
250Arrrgh!

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R, 2001 996

The 250 is the first bike I've owned and only the second bike I've sat on (MSF). Not a day goes by that I don't think about how much fun a Hayabusa or a Ducati 1098 would be. But I've developed a real appreciation for the potential this bike has to teach me about riding.

I've decided that I love riding and that I could never go back to owning a car if it meant I had to have no motorcycle. I can't see myself ever selling the 250 even if I get a bigger bike and I fully expect the next bike I buy to be some sort of super sport. But right now my two real concerns are that I haven't been to a track day at Sears Point yet, and that my desire to hold onto the bike will outlive the bike itself (that's a scary thought). *Phew* thank god the ninjette is just a machine...if I ever had feelings like this for a girl I'd be in real trouble.
Lurkable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2009, 10:41 PM   #54
aloh
lolwut

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I really like the 250, but i do wish it had more power. HOwever, im only really looking to upgrade to something like a Ducati Monster, not a supersport.

Old February 26th, 2009, 08:56 AM   #55
Jane Honda
ninjette.org member

Name: Kris

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R

I grew up riding dirt bikes, quads, and trials bikes, so bikes aren't strangers to me.

My first sportbike was a YZF600R, and it was like trying to corner a couch. It was so damn heavy. So, I sold it and got a CBR600F4. That bike was a bit better, but because of my accident I had, I had zero confidence.

My boyfriend bought my 250 for me as a gift, and I haven't looked back since. The only time I had a real issue with it, was when we were out on a ride. This road looked like a paved over goat trail, and it was steep and chock full of 10 mph switchbacks. I would downshift to second, and then have to upshift to 3rd. Back and forth, as I was in the break in period still.

When we got to the stop sign at the end of the hill, I yelled at the pack leader "what the hell was that?!??"

So, in all, I have no desire to trade 'down' to a bigger bike. I enjoy the weight, and the flickability of my bike. It handles great, it carries me around like no bid deal.
Jane Honda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #56
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

This is my first bike and have no experience on a bigger CC since the MSF ones are 250 as well. I would like to have the chance to experience a different bike and can always go back to a 250, I dont plan to sell this bike and upgrade until after a few years on it though, trying to become a good rider with this forgiving ninja.
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #57
Sailariel

When my partner and I had a Norton-Benelli-JAWA dealership in 1970, we got quite a few bikes in that people sold because they were "Overbiked" We got a 1955 Ariel Suare Four in because it kept blowing head gaskets. That bike sold in a couple months--I enjoyed riding it, even though it was backwards--Shift on the Right-one up and three down. Ditto with a Vincent. That is the only bike I have regretted selling. It was not particularly fun to ride, but had ferocious acelleration in a straight line. That bike would be worth a lot today. The JAWA 360 was a two stroke twin which handled and ran like a dream. We had a cream coloured one with gold pin striping. We eventually got a matching sidecar for it. After we put the sidecar on it, it sold very fast. If I could find a JAWA sidecar, I would seriously consider getting a green Kawa 650 and fitting it with the sidecar--also painted green. It would make an interesting sport-touring rig. People are still getting overbiked--an 18 year old kid bought a Buell 1125. He laid it down not doing a lot of damage--scuffed the exhaust and bent some pegs. Anyway, the thing scared the bejeezus out of him and he sold it for some ridiculous price. He swore he would never get on a bike again. I think that the dealer really screwed up. He could have sold him a Ninjette or a Buell Blast. The kid would still be riding and the dealer would have had a repeat customer.

Old February 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM   #58
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

I really like my bike but sometimes I find myself wishing I had 50 more cc's, or 100 more cc's, maybe 1.5 times the power, and especially non-carbed...

This bike fits my budget now and I dont really think I'll be ready for a bigger bike until at least a year or two of riding.
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:00 AM   #59
BradtheAg
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
Do you plan to move up to a larger bike once you "get used to" the awesome 250 power and are ready to properly ride a "real" motorcycle??
i don't own a 250 yet, but this is my plan. my ultimate goal is a 600. coming from a corvette z06 i'm very worried that the 250 won't be enough power to keep me entertained. but i want to learn to ride properly so i'm starting small. if the z06 had been my first car i'd definitely have killed myself, i imagine the same concept can be applied to motorocycles so i'm purposely limiting myself with bike #1.
BradtheAg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:18 AM   #60
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

Actually I have 2 bikes now. I went with a smaller bike for a second ride.
Just got a new 2009 250R. Since it is still winter here in Michigan, I haven't been able to ride the Ninjette yet! But I am looking forward to having a nice little sport bike to enjoy once the weather cooperates... The new generation Ninja 250 caught my attention with the hot new look and rave reviews. Had to get one!
My other bike is a BMW 1150RT, a nice comfortable sport/touring ride. The BMW is perfect for long distance rides and weekend getaways. However, it's a bit big and heavy for just riding around town or commuting to and from work.
It's good to have options....
Carol
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:06 PM   #61
rallyegolf
project29design

Name: Parker

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250R

I have my 250 for sale to move up in HP.

project29
rallyegolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM   #62
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradtheAg View Post
i don't own a 250 yet, but this is my plan. my ultimate goal is a 600. coming from a corvette z06 i'm very worried that the 250 won't be enough power to keep me entertained. but i want to learn to ride properly so i'm starting small. if the z06 had been my first car i'd definitely have killed myself, i imagine the same concept can be applied to motorocycles so i'm purposely limiting myself with bike #1.
i have a turbocharged 2007 mustang gt and i was worried about the same thing. still i am glad that i started off on the ninja. it is a really fun bike, it looks great, and it is great to learn on. it handles great and can easily keep up at freeway speeds. i figured that if i ever missed the straight-line acceleration, i could just jump in my car and punch the throttle.

still, i think i may have to eventually move to a cruiser-type bike. my wife has severe rheumatoid arthritis and the riding position is too aggressive for her. i live in a condo and i have a tandem stall. i can fit two cars in there and one bike. still have a lot to learn though, so i don't plan on selling the ninja anytime soon.
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #63
grandmaster
ninjette.org member

Name: Levi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, CR125R

Well although I have only had my bike for 3 months I am starting to get the itch for a 600. I love the 250 and it's a blast to ride!! I am just want something that I can cruise on the freeway with without having to tuck to do 90.... yes i know i know. But here in utah there is portion on the way to St. george that they now made 85. With me and my gear for 4-5 days you can't really hold that speed to long unless your tucked. Also I have picked up my girlfriend from work in hurricane a few times and the ride sucks on the freeway with her on the back. and my gf is by no means big at 110 pounds. I really, really wish i could keep the 250 and just grab a 600, but my 250 isn't even paid off yet so I will have to sell to get another one. I still plan on it being a few months before I am ready to sell the 250, but i really can't wait to get a 600.
grandmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #64
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

I want to pick up a 250 for a very simple reason - I can't even hope to use my 6Rs potential on the street - it is (and every other modern supersport) a damn race bike, and while it offers thrills and chills in waves - it can do jail time speeds with only a upshift or two.

I am building a older zn700 project for pennies (hopefully) to satisfy the daily cruise with the wife need but know I am going to want to have something else, something capable and fun, to ride. I have spent about 500 miles in the saddle of an '06 650R and its a GREAT bike (minus the handlebars - ewww) but still probably too much money for what I am looking to spend. I think either a used '08 250R or a used 500R (even though they are not lookers) should fill my bill.

ehhh, its just a rant anyways, I always feel the need to tinker on something
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:38 PM   #65
Beast
Pure Imagination

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250r, '07 Vespa LX150 (it counts right?)

Quote:
on the very tight streets of willow.
It's not that tight Jesse ......on a 250 that is. The only time I touch the brakes are right before turn 2 and after the chicane over the hump (and I just tap them then). I was flying this past Sunday once I found my lines. Black flag on me twice for passing on the inside haha.

Let me know when you go, I'm up for another run!

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:39 PM   #66
1hardryder4life
ninjette.org member

Name: TBoz

Motorcycle(s): Nothing

I went the other way too. Rode bigger bikes and they are fun but this little guy gets the job done. Order of bikes Ive owned:

1993 Suzuki GSX-R600
1998 Triumph T595 (955cc)
2005 Yamaha R6
2007 Suzuki DR-400 SuperMoto
2008 Ninja 250R
1hardryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM   #67
tiburonsita
ninjette.org member

Name: m

Motorcycle(s): 2009 black Ninja 250R

I have not been riding for very long so this is coming from a noob. Initially my thoughts were that I'd "upgrade" in about a year when I felt fully comfortable with my 250, but I love this bike. I've sat on many of the bigger (600) bikes and they just don't feel right to me - at least not yet. The 250 is a great size, the weight is manageable - I don't feel like it's "work" while I'm waiting for the light to change. I just got on the highway today for a short distance and felt very comfortable keeping with the flow. So while initially I was thinking I'd upgrade to a faster, bigger bike... I no longer am in that frame of mind.
tiburonsita is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:26 PM   #68
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

Name: mike

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

I would have to say that I feel that my 250 is great but I do a 55-60 mile round trip on the freeway to and from work 5 days a week and this is why I am going with a bigger bike, not that the bike can not keep up with traffic but in Tucson the speed limit is 75mph on I-10 and I really feel that I am doing more damage to my bike then I want to. on the other hand I will not be selling or trading the bike in I do scca auto cross and have loved doing this for many years but I would like to make this my track bike as you stated in post one it is so much fun in the twisty and I have my eyes set on an 08 zzr 600

Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:36 PM   #69
1hardryder4life
ninjette.org member

Name: TBoz

Motorcycle(s): Nothing

My 250R on the track makes me feel like its hurting the lil guy. Like im ringing its neck for all its worth lol. but its still tickin!
1hardryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:45 PM   #70
kazam58
Sarcasm: Yea that'll work

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

I thought I had posted in this thread, but I guess not. For me, this bike is simply my gateway to the world of motorcycling. It is the perfect beginner bike, I am absolutely in love with and I'm keeping it till dies, I know that for sure. That being said, once I've worked my way through college I have no doubts that I will have other, bigger bikes. However, that'll be about 5 years from now, and until then, the ninjette will be my only motorcycle, so there's plenty of time for me to learn to ride first. I'll mod the hell out of this little bugger until I'm satisfied that it's uniquely mine, another reason I'll keep it forever. I feel no need to buy a bigger bike now or in the near future, but someday it will happen, I know that.
kazam58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:25 PM   #71
Jacksmeow
ninjette.org member

Name: Gale

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R; '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A, sometimes I ride my husband's '01 GSX-R 600

My Ninja 250 is my second bike....I also have a bigger bike, a Kawasaki Vulcan 800, which I had been riding for about 5 years. Jax also has a GSXR-600, which I rode some before I got my Ninja. Although I like all three bikes, I really love the Ninja. It really puts a smile on my face. It's FUN! It's amazing in the twisities.

Oh, gas mileage is great and the insurance is cheap. I can't imagine full coverage on two 600 cc bikes, along with the cruisers we have!
Jacksmeow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:32 PM   #72
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

The Ninja 250 is my first bike. I've ridden dirt bikes before, but none of my own. Eventually I'd like to get a Ducati 848. I appreciate that bike for what it is, and what it is not. I guess I'm on the upward slope of motorcycling and not a plateau or down slope like some of the other riders are. I'd still like to upgrade and see what other options are like. That doesn't mean I'll like the Ducati or won't go back to a Ninja, but it's something I'd like to own. I have not and will not ride another bike (other than another 250) until I am 100% commited to purchasing another bike. I don't feel like I should tempt myself with the power of a bigger bike. Knowing me I'll become addicted with it and bored with my 250. Hopefully in a couple of years I'll be ready for another bike. As for now, I love mine.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:45 PM   #73
Beast
Pure Imagination

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250r, '07 Vespa LX150 (it counts right?)

Quote:
Eventually I'd like to get a Ducati 848
250 straight to an 848....haha I hear it's not a bad commuter, but I would hate to see a machine that beautiful restricted to street riding.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:46 PM   #74
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

I doubt it will be used just for street riding. I wouldn't cage a wild animal. That's cruel and inhumane.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM   #75
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
My gateway drug was actually a 1966 Suzuki 150 (2 stroke). I was in heaven. I wanted a new go cart after having many motorbikes and mini bikes. My dad thought I would outgrow the go cart so he got me the Suzuki. I won my first AMA trophy on that bike, I was 13.

The 250 Ninja was actually my younger son, TJ's, bike. He just let me ride it. He and his brother's gateway bikes were the PW50 and the YSR50. They were each 3 years old and would ride in the yard. We had 8 acres so it was a big yard. Little TJ is now 16 and he is riding the Suzuki GSXR 1000. He has to be with me when he rides it though (I'm not worry about him crashing, I'm worry about tickets). He been riding a 750 since last summer when he sold the 250. I miss the 250 (I'm not sure he does).

Last futzed with by CC Cowboy; April 24th, 2009 at 04:31 AM.
CC Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:02 PM   #76
250Rocket
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Only drug I take.

In 2008 i went to the motorcycle show and sat on every bike. Without knowing it at the time i sat on the 2008 250R and fell in love. It fit like a glove.

I can't comment on the power as 90% + of the time i've kept it under 4.5k but they agilty is AMAZING. Took it around a round about and had a blast. Can't wait until it's broken in.
250Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:16 PM   #77
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

I have this instinctive part of me that wants to push any bike I own to its limits, and as you well know that's not smart with a 600.

So mark me as one of the other riders coming back to the 250 fold. I'd definitely love to have a nice stable of bikes eventually with a couple Race Replica's for track days but to me the small displacement bikes are more fun on the street and actually help increase your skills since you have to pay attention more to your shifting/throttle and lines to be fast.
Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #78
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

I plan on (maybe)moving to a Ducati Monster 696 in a year or two...

Has tons of power, but still tame...and gives me butterflys.

I would really like a streetfighter II, but I don't think I'll go for it.
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2009, 05:18 AM   #79
SteveL
old git

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): BMW K1300S

I chose the 250R because I concluded that a 250 was a reasonable size for commuting it had a full fairing for weather protection and was a reasonable price, my one concern was that it would not have enough grunt at low rpm to run with the traffic, with out running 8Krpm or more all the time, as this would not have been pleasant for commuting. I have owned and ridden bigger bikes but here in the land of “Hills are Us” you can’t really use much of the performance of a big bike except on the main highways which I try to avoid.
I would not change the 250 but I would if something happened to it be more than likely to buy an ER 6 F my main dislikes of the 250 are the gear box and the front forks are too soft in hard down hill braking I have not bottomed them out but very close. I tested the ER 6 F last weekend the gear box is better and the front end damping is better down side more vibration and noise and 40% more expensive.

Steve

Old April 24th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #80
EJ30157
Kelly Kim's Friend

Name: EJ

Motorcycle(s): (Used to)2008 Green 250R, 2007 Ninja ZX-6R

Since this is one of my legal ways to get high, I often find myself checking the weather forcast daily for a nice day to ride. Need that fix.

I use to own an R6 and R1. The maintenance on those ss bike is expensive. But, I often find myself thinking of going back to the 600cc class. For those of you whom have not ridden a bigger bike, I would suggest you try them on for sizes. Don't get discourage or let some talk you into it. It's an experience you have to want to fore take yourself when you believe you are ready. Keep the 250 in case you find yourself missing the little things in life.
EJ30157 is offline   Reply With Quote